General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by Dovrebanen »

For me the most nerve-wracking moment was when Edward left in New Moon. I knew what was going to happen when I saw the title of the chapter (and I was sort of expecting it even before that when Edward kissed her like he was saying goodbye...), but it hit me hard anyway. I cried my eyes out when he left her there in the woods. And how she just couldn't find the strength to get out of the woods. And then realizing that he had removed her pictures and her CD, just so she would have no reminders of him. I felt depressed.. It did not have me flipping through the pages (since I never do that with books), but it had me reading really fast.. I missed a lot of details in the book, since I was rushing to make sure Edward came back. I enjoyed it so much more on my second reading.

I was also felt tense when Bella was rushing to stop Edward from exposing himself in Italy.

I also agree with what you have said about Bella and Jacobs kiss before the fight in Eclipse.. I did not like it all...It made want to yell at the pages in my book :) I like Jacob as a character, and wished that he would find happiness. But for me it has only been Edward for Bella all a long.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
twinkletwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by twinkletwilighter »

not exactly the most nerve wracking or heart stopping part, but the saddest in the whole series i think..
on page 276 of new moon when bella has that dream where jacob turns into edward
i cried the more on that page than when edward left
metro_girl0
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by metro_girl0 »

I cried over a lot in this series, simply because I'm really emotional.
I cried when Bella almost died, and when Edward left, when Jacob was changing, and when the fight was happening, and when Bella almost died again. But there was a lot of funny parts to that I loved.
There are way to many moments that made me happy,angry, sad, etc for me to put them here, the easiest thing to put here would be the whole book series.

Allie
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
Isabella Fae Graycin
Settled in Forks

Post by Isabella Fae Graycin »

about the most heart stopping moment for me was when Edward left Bella in New Moon. I am so glad I didn't read that on my break at work because I was crying when it happened. I was in shock, too. I was like "this can't be happening!" I don't cry now, but I do get really sad. I have a feeling when the movie comes out I am going to be a wreck at that point. especially the first time. one other time I almost died was when Bella almost died giving irth to Renesmee and then Jacob was going to kill Renesmee. all I could think was "how could he do that? she is a part of Bella!" but by far Edward leaving Bella was much worse emotionally for me.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

The most nerve racking thing was when Bella and Alice went to save Edward...
my whole body was all tense reading it.. and I swear I didn't breathe either :lol:

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

Dovrebanen wrote:For me the most nerve-wracking moment was when Edward left in New Moon. I knew what was going to happen when I saw the title of the chapter (and I was sort of expecting it even before that when Edward kissed her like he was saying goodbye...), but it hit me hard anyway. I cried my eyes out when he left her there in the woods. And how she just couldn't find the strength to get out of the woods. And then realizing that he had removed her pictures and her CD, just so she would have no reminders of him. I felt depressed.. It did not have me flipping through the pages (since I never do that with books), but it had me reading really fast.. I missed a lot of details in the book, since I was rushing to make sure Edward came back. I enjoyed it so much more on my second reading.

I was also felt tense when Bella was rushing to stop Edward from exposing himself in Italy.

I also agree with what you have said about Bella and Jacobs kiss before the fight in Eclipse.. I did not like it all...It made want to yell at the pages in my book :) I like Jacob as a character, and wished that he would find happiness. But for me it has only been Edward for Bella all a long.

i couldn't agree with you more. i wanted edward to come back immediatly and when i turned the pages and all the months passed it just broke my heart. i had to take a break after reading that part to regain control. i was just crying so much. i hope the movie will at least include that kind of emotion in that scene.
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
Aggi*
Settled in Forks

Post by Aggi* »

My most nerve-wracking moment is definitely Bellas race through Volterra.
I was so in this, I saw myself running through the streets with every word I read.
The moment she reached him and he just stood there, not moving, I sat on my couch mumbling all the time "open your eyes you silly vampire...open them" :D

.~*Because of Edward Cullen I have unrealistic expectations in men*~.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Aggi* wrote:My most nerve-wracking moment is definitely Bellas race through Volterra.
I was so in this, I saw myself running through the streets with every word I read.
The moment she reached him and he just stood there, not moving, I sat on my couch mumbling all the time "open your eyes you silly vampire...open them" :D
I almost did not even blink or breathe from she started running and until she crashed into Edward. And then I just wanted him to realize that he wasn't dead. I was thinking: Girl, you have to slap him! just so that he would wake up and get moving. Probably would have broken her hand in the process though...It was excruciating to read. My heartbeat was so fast and loud it felt like I had been running. I believed she was going to make it, but still I was just so tensed. Just a horrible feeling. I'm just reading New Moon again, and currently they are both safe back in Forks. I love the chapters after Italy, because they really have a calming effect after everything that happened in New Moon. And I'm hoping the movie will bring us all the emotions that the book did.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

New Moon is my fave outta the series. So the movie better be good :x

And I didn't breathe from Italy onwards.
And I got a bit peeved when Edward thought he was dead. :lol:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

New Moon was not my favorite at all. But it is now. I absolutely love it. It is loaded with emotions. It keeps you reading and not wanting to put the book down even after several readings. The delusions..They are just so great. And him telling her again and again that he loved her, and her finally getting it through her scull with her epiphany? Just wow. Amazing. Soooo..Heading way of topic here, I know. *dragging myself back in*
I think it's no wonder the most nerve-wracking moments come from NM. It is the most powerful book of all of them. Edward was kind of sweet when he thought he was in some sort of afterlife with Bella, but still, there was just no time for dreaming. He had to get himself out of the sun. Or more accurately..his beautiful naked chest had to be pulled into the shade :D And it wasn't much time to relax after that either. I didn't relax until they were on the plane home.