Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Chapter 25 - Mirror

Post by ForJazz926 »

1. How did you feel about Jacob's injury and Bella's reaction to it?

I was a little confused. If Jacob's bones were crushed as a werewolf, why wouldn't the doc set them while he was a werewolf? Wouldn't it mess everything up when he phased and his bones went back to human size? I thought about that way too much, I know. Bella's reaction was normal, I think. And just like always - she blames herself so is more worried. Plus she knew she'd have to crush his heart soon - so having his bones crushed before that was kind of ironic.

2. Did you suspect that the Volturi’s late arrival to the fight was planned? Why?

Arg...yes. They were hoping that the newborns would eliminate some of the Cullens - the Volturi is threatened by having such a large coven exist with so many special powers among them. They were probably hoping to split the family up, either just in numbers, or if they were lucky - keep Alice and Edward alive and hope they would reconsider Aro's offer.

3. What did Jane mean when she told Edward “Quite a pity how things turned out, isn’t it?” P 577

It was extremely sarcastic. On the surface it was in reference to the Volturi not coming sooner to help, but everyone realized it was that she regretted that all of the Cullens were still alive.

4. Before you read Breaking Dawn, how did you think Bella would compare to Bree as a newborn? Did you think she would have better control over her bloodlust or that she would be as wild as Bree was in the clearing?

I didn't think she'd be as wild as Bree. Bella is exceptionally loving and selfless and compassionate as a human - I thought she'd take that with her. I didn't think it would be quite so easy for her, though...;)

Image Image
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I was not surprised by Bella's reaction. After all, she just realized she loved him so any danger of losing him would certainly provoke a strong reaction. The girl does seem to faint more than your average bear, though!

As far as the injury itself... I, too, was surprised that he phased back before he could be treated. I guess Carlisle was used to treating humans, and it's not like they could call any other doctor. That had to be the most painful phase of his life -- even more than his first.

2. Did you suspect that the Volturi’s late arrival to the fight was planned? Why?

Yes. They didn't want to actually participate in the fight, but wanted to make sure everything got cleaned up.

3. What did Jane mean when she told Edward “Quite a pity how things turned out, isn’t it?” P 577

Ugh, she is SUCH a little brat. (I can't wait to see Dakota Fanning play her!) She really wanted the Cullens to be forced to join the Volturi and/or to die -- she was being sarcastic.

4. Before you read Breaking Dawn, how did you think Bella would compare to Bree as a newborn? Did you think she would have better control over her bloodlust or that she would be as wild as Bree was in the clearing?

I honestly didn't think that much about it. Bree was so annoying, I'm glad Bella wasn't like her, ugh.

Image Image Image
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

I hate Jacob, so naturally I was happy whe was hurt :oops: But I wish Bella wasnt so bleh..

Yes, they always were sneaky and wanted to find a reason to get the Cullen's in trouble and were always looking for a way to get them killed.

She hoped that some of the Cullen's would die I guess.. the Volturi are scared of them.

I knew she would have more control. She has practiced and was preparing for her change. Bree had no idea.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I was surprised that he was hurt. And I did feel bad for him. (Even if I am 100% for Edward all the way). Bella's reaction was a little over the top maybe. But of course she would be worried. He was her friend not matter how things would turn out between them.

Yes, I think they wanted the Cullens to do the dirty work for them, and even loose some members in the process.

The Volturi was always a little intimidated by the Cullen's. They are such a large family, and they stick up for eachother all the way. And that is not common in the vampire world. So I think she meant that it was too bad that the Cullen's were not weakened by loosing a member or two.

I thought that Bella would be much more in control of herself than Bree. For one, because she had made a conscious choice to become a vampire. She was fully informed about what to expect. And she had spent so much time with the Cullen's and gotten used to their lifestyle. And the Cullen's would spend so much time educating her and keeping her on the safe path. Bree never had someone that cared for her after she was changed. And lastly, Edward would never allow Bella to do something that she would regret later.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

I was worried about Jake. He was being a little annoying but I didn't want him to get hurt. I wasn't surprised Bella reacted the way she did. Her biggest fear was that someone she loved would get hurt, and then Jake did get hurt.

At first I didn't suspect it because it just didn't occur to me. But, when they arrived and were disappointed to find all the Cullens still standing, it made sense that they would arrive after the fact. They wanted the newborns to take some of the Cullens down, I didn't think the Volturi were that upset by the Cullen's numbers.

I think she was reffering to the fact that none of the Cullens were destroyed in the fight with the newborns. The Volturi are intimidated by the large Cullen family and their maturity, they were hoping for a different outcome.

I was a little worried about how Bella would turn out because we really don't get to see anyother newborns except for Bree. I figured though, that the Cullens would not let Bella do or become something she would later regret. Bree didn't have anyone to guide her through her new life, and Bella would have that with the Cullens.
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1.  How did you feel about Jacob's injury and Bella's reaction to it? At first I thought he was dead like she did. But then I got aggrivated at her for fainting but then again Edward should have said he is going to be OK then said it was Jacob so she wouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

2.  Did you suspect that the Volturi’s late arrival to the fight was planned? Why? Yes they had hoped the "weak" Cullen's would have been eliminated and they would have taken the rest for there pets.

3.  What did Jane mean when she told Edward “Quite a pity how things turned out, isn’t it?” P 577
I think it was the dame as the last question. They had planned to show up late and it was a pity it had not turned out they way they had hope.

4.  Before you read Breaking Dawn, how did you think Bella would compare to Bree as a newborn?  Did you think she would have better control over her bloodlust or that she would be as wild as Bree was in the clearing? I had hoped she would be just as she turned out to be. I always wish for the best. That's who I am.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Aww poor Jake, and Bella girl please just choose alread (and my choose I mean go back to Edward now)

Yeah, they wanted as many of the Cullens dead as possibel.

She thought it was a pity that some of them didn't die.

I thought she'd be the same lusting after human blood at every chance.
**Kathryn**
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1.  How did you feel about Jacob's injury and Bella's reaction to it?
Bella's reaction was logical. She cares about him and he's hurt. I was worried too. I like Jacob!!

2.  Did you suspect that the Volturi’s late arrival to the fight was planned? Why?
No, not planned. I think they just planned on arriving, not nessecarily after the battle. Besides, wouldn't Alice catch them!??

3.  What did Jane mean when she told Edward “Quite a pity how things turned out, isn’t it?” P 577
interpretation: "Too bad we couldn't have come to help and 'accidentaly' kill some of you in the process." she gets on my nerves a lot.

4.  Before you read Breaking Dawn, how did you think Bella would compare to Bree as a newborn?  Did you think she would have better control over her bloodlust or that she would be as wild as Bree was in the clearing?
Not as crazy because she would have Edward with her. But I thought she would still have that lust.
Betting on Alice.
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

Chapter 25 - Mirror

Post by rainbowcrayon »

It seemed very true to her character. Bella cares for Jake, and when she worries that he will die, she goes under to protect herself from pain as well. Bella and Jacob share a deep bond andneither one of them, even Jacob, fully understand its extent. I was hyperventilating, scared for Jacob. I love that wolf boy and couldn't bear to let him go, rather like Bella.

Yes. They are a bit jealous and possessive of the Cullens, as Aro desires Alice and Edward and perhaps Bella by his side. They want the Cullens to be injured so that Aro can sweep down and claim his prizes, or take out the rival coven.

She means that it's too bad the Volturi didn't show up earlier to help, when it would have been convenient for the Cullens. This confirms the suspicion that the Volturi want the Cullens to be incapacitated so Aro can secure his specially gifted servants.

I thought she would be a bit like that, yes. But I expected her to be more Bella-like, as always, and surprise everyone. Also, she would be living for Edward and Jacob, so she would do her best to be different.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I didn't really care. I even went so far as to be glad. I thought Bella was ridiculous, of course. I have never understood why she cares about him so much. Her reaction mostly just annoyed me. She needed to get over him already.
Yes. They weren't exactly opposed to getting rid of a few Cullens...as long as the talented ones were safe, and they probably would have been. And only because they hoped they would join.
Aw...you guys all survived. :( And you didn't do anything that would let me torture you!
I figured she'd be pretty bloodthirsty, but not confused and psycho like Bree. I thought she'd have better control of herself than that, but it would still be bad. She knew what to expect.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa