Body Art and Piercings

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Body Art and Piercings

Post by oleander »

Lynzeee wrote:
oleander wrote:
Lynzeee wrote:her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world
I am melting. I love that!!! God, if only someone would say that about me...i'd be theirs forever.

mrsedwardcullen: i say go for the wrist. I love having one on mine and it hardly hurt at all. i am trying to decide what to put on my other wrist now. ;) so addictive!

some men mean it.. but they cant ever say anything like that

i would turn into a puddle if my husband( or any man for that matter) ever said anything LIKE THAT..
haha but yeah im getting that tattooed on my right shoulder blade.. SAAAWWEEET =)
I can't wait to see it!!! Please post photos when you get it done.
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I have a celtic harp on my right wrist...I'm thinking about getting a shamrock or a triskele on my back, just at the base of the neck.
I have a nose piercing as well plus several earrings. Unfortunately, my husband-to-be is not very fond of them :cry:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

dimber wrote:I have a celtic harp on my right wrist...I'm thinking about getting a shamrock or a triskele on my back, just at the base of the neck.
I have a nose piercing as well plus several earrings. Unfortunately, my husband-to-be is not very fond of them :cry:
are you irish? just curious.. im irish and my cousins all have a bunch of crazy celtic tattoos

as far as your soon to be.. hubby i battle with the same thing with my husband.. he married me with the tattoos and piercings KNOWING i would get more i always made that clear.. everytime i go to do something he throws a fit..
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

This thread has totally inspired me, and I am going to go talk to a great tattoo artist here where I live...But I am still stumped as to where I should place it. I want to do a quote, either
1) Keep me awake for every moment
2) Mon corps frémira sous tes mains (My body trembles/shudders under your hands)

I would love to do a Twilight quote...but nothing has resonated with me enough yet...maybe when I give the book another read...I do love the quote, "Without the dark, we'd never see the stars." But yeah...I also think an apple would be awesome because it has the whole twilight connotation, plus the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil...I like it, but it seems like it would be hard to do a cool apple tattoo.
In a way, the two quotes above remind me of twilight though, they are both from songs. The first is "Awake" which I think of as Edwards words, and the second is from "L'Hymne a L'Amour" which is like Bella's words...

Anyway, any thoughts of where its good to put a quote tattoo...I would love to put it in my hip region, but I think the quote might be too big...though Angelina Jolie has her "What nourishes me also destorys me" there...so I guess it can be done...
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

Seems like tattoos are making a major movement every wear; especially with models, a handful have a quote or small image on the wrist, arm, neck or back. I was jut finishing reading up an article in British Vogue, "Models Ink" - I loved Daria Werbowy's one on her wrist in French-like-cursive writing.
Though I'm usably not one to follow something for its image ... I really do want one lol :shock: :roll:

Something like:
"Estupendo" (A favorite song from an artist, Arsenal)
"Paper Doll" (Frank Sinatra related)
"Just Be." (A quote I live by in a sense)

But Rachel Feinstein (quoted) is partly true as well (in my personal opinion):
"A pure naked body is the most beautiful thing" says Feinstein. "The thing about a tattoo is that, unless you can do it yourself, it represents someone else's hands on your body. So it's never an individual thing, because it's always someone else's work. As an artist I wish I had thought that through. If you are going to do it, you might as well get the most brilliant artist to do it for you.

Uhr ... I can't deicide whether I want one or not ...
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Lynzeee wrote:
are you irish? just curious.. im irish and my cousins all have a bunch of crazy celtic tattoos

as far as your soon to be.. hubby i battle with the same thing with my husband.. he married me with the tattoos and piercings KNOWING i would get more i always made that clear.. everytime i go to do something he throws a fit..
No, I'm not Irish but I absolutely adore Ireland and her culture. I lived in Dublin for about one year...I find celtic style tattooes pretty cool so, since I've started with the harp I think I will go on with that style.

Where part of Ireland are you from anyway?
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

dimber wrote:
Lynzeee wrote:

No, I'm not Irish but I absolutely adore Ireland and her culture. I lived in Dublin for about one year...I find celtic style tattooes pretty cool so, since I've started with the harp I think I will go on with that style.

Where part of Ireland are you from anyway?
my grandmother and grandfather lived in cork.. my mom is full blood irish as is the rest of her ridiculously large family.. some of my cousin still live in ireland, I unfortunately was born in the united states.. i hope to go over there someday, but its so expensive to fly there from Texas. ,, My dad is German , so im a pretty good mix of that Half Irish, and then half German but my looks are completely Irish.. My sister looks German though.
i Cant drink just about anyone under the table with the exceptions of my grand dad and my male cousins.. such a stereotype i know
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
xoPearl_Angelxo
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xoPearl_Angelxo »

If I ever did get a tatta I'd want a small quote somewhere on my lwer back. I want to get on when I'm a bit older because Twilight has been such a big part of my life.
APPC

avatar by *cullens & converse @ Vesperarium

Read My All Original Twilight Fanfic - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4277830/1/T ... everything
kl1028
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kl1028 »

^nothing against lower back tattoo but they sometimes are called "tramp stamps"....just something to think about...its really based on what it is and a quote can be done quite tastefully so when/if you do it get a good artist who will make it look good
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

mmh. id love to get a cartoon, sounds weird but still...

i love to draw and photograph, so something that i've drawn

any ideas..doesnt have to be twilight related but i f you can...
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3