Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Edward Cullen #4

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:New question:

Do you think if Edward was born in Bella's time, and human but was still raised by Carlisle and Esme(who were human), he would still be the romantic, amazing, Edward we have come to know and love? Would he still be with Bella?

(I think this was asked 10 times.)
Thats a tough one.
Hmm.
I would think that he would not be with Bella. I think he would still be the caring, genorous guy we know, but in Twilight, Bella was someone he had never come across(the mind reading thing) and he found himself fascinated by her and then eventally fell in love with her. That is a very tough question! :P
xoxo.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Do you think if Edward was born in Bella's time, and human but was still raised by Carlisle and Esme(who were human), he would still be the romantic, amazing, Edward we have come to know and love? Would he still be with Bella?

I think he could. Maybe he wouldn't be exactaly the same way. Edward, in some aspects, doesn't seem to belong to this time. But I think he'd still be a very caring guy. Esme and Carlisle would do a very good job raising him. It's difficult to give you an precise answer, Mrs.Edward.Cullen<3 because Edward's personality. The Edward we know and love is a vampire, who had lived many years and seen many things. As a human boy, part of the angst and the ancient grief would probably be off. Maybe he could be less guarded about certain things. However, Edward has a big heart and I think it was for this guy that Bella fell in love and he'd be same even if he was human.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Man, we haven't had a Mrs.EC<3 question in a WHILE! Or maybe I missed them. Anyway.

I think Vampire Edward is, at his core, what Human Edward was and would be. Maybe he wouldn't be quite so romantic (because he wouldn't be so old-school), but he would certainly still be amazing (at least to Bella) and more importantly... he would be, you know, Edwardly.

Image Image Image
Twilightchick79
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilightchick79 »

This is a tough question. I think what helps make Edward, Edward is the fact that he was raised in a different time and then had 80+ years to read and educate himself on life mysteries. He had years and years to watch how people interact and how to deal with certain situations. No doubt if he was raised by Carisle and Esme he would be amazing but I am not sure that he would cherish life and love as much since he wouldn't have had to struggle as much... But then my romantic fantasy way of thinking hopes that if it was meant to be the first time around then it wouldn't matter when and where they met, that they would be together regardless...
My life was like a moonless night. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. There was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, everything went black. My eyes were blinded by the light. And there was no more reason for anything.
AnnetteandEdward
Wandering Through Town

Post by AnnetteandEdward »

I would like to think they would have gotten together but I don't think they would have. Edward would not be Edward without his years of living (existing), she would not have interested him because he wouldn't have his mind reading ability so she wouldn't be fascinating to him. I do think that Edward would still be romantic and amazing just not the Edward we all love. Edward the human was a romantic I don't think it matters what year/time he was borne in. He would still be Edward - just different. I guess you can tell I love Edward the person and believe in him no matter what. SIGH... Yes SIGH for Edward...
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Dovrebanen wrote: Of course the whole transformation didn't play out the way they planned, since it was a matter of Edward saving her life. But when Jacob was describing it, it seemed like Edward did it with so much love. First he thought of the idea of injecting his venom directly into her heart. And I liked the way Jacob said that is seemed like he was kissing her, except for the ripping sound. And then he used his tongue to seal her wounds. He did so great in that situation, especially considering how upset he was. And I think he did all he could, in the hope of taking away as much pain as he possibly could.[/color]
Dovrebanen~, A great post. It makes me think of an interesting point. You are absolutely right in that the transformation did not play out as they wanted it to, due to the emergency of Ness' birth. And, we can probably figure that they had made a number of arrangements in preparation. Edward all but tells us that when he talks to Jacob about getting his official permission to turn Bella. But, it makes me wonder. How would Edward, and Bella for that matter, have handled the transformation if it had gone "according to plan" as it were? How might Jacob have handled it?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Sorry for the long post. I got carried away...

That is a very difficult question. I think he would still be the same Edward at the core of him. But he wouldn't have that old-fashioned gentleman style about him. The Edward we know and love is very much a product of the time when he was raised, and the countless years he has spent on this earth as 17 year old. He has learned so much over the years, and that is something that an Edward of Bella's time would not have had the chance to. Raised by Carlisle and Esme, he would still be the most loving and compassionate person, because that are the sort of values that they would have wanted their son to have. And I also think that these were strong personality traits in Edward. So I think he would be an amazing person still, just slightly different from the 1918 Edward. I think he could be with Bella. But it wouldn't be as straightforward as it is when he is vampire. Edward didn't really interact with any of the other girls at school. They weren't interesting to him. But Bella intrigued him, and captured his interest. He saw it as challenge that he couldn't read her mind, and he was fascinated and scared by the way her blood was so potent for him. None of this would have been there if they were both human. There would be other girls and guys, other interests. But I think that if they had met under the right circumstances, they still would have been attracted to each other. And they still would have intrigued and fascinated each other. So I think it's a possibility that they could be together, but not that it was bound to happen.
Jazz Girl wrote: How would Edward, and Bella for that matter, have handled the transformation if it had gone "according to plan" as it were? How might Jacob have handled it?
Such a good question. I think Edward would have been a lot more scared about the process itself. When he changed her after Nessie's birth he was actively trying to save her. The venom was the only way. While if he were to do it the way they planned, I think he would have felt more that he was in fact taking her life a way. And he would have had so much more time to think about the pain it would inflict on her. So I think we would have seen a conflict rage inside Edward, and it would have taken all his strength to actually bend down and bite her. I think they would have kissed and said some sort of goodbye to humanity before doing it, and that it probably would have been very emotional for the both of them. Bella would have been scared. But she was sure about her decison, and anyway, she would have wanted to put on a brave face for Edward. We saw that when she avoided screaming during the horrible pain. And she would have loved that the last human thing she felt was his lips on her skin. But I can't imagine what it would be like the moment it actually happened. If I had read this in a book, I probably would have cried. For Edward, for Bella, for humanity and for a happy forever. Just so many mixed emotions. Loosing humanity, but gaining forever. Jacob would have been a mess I think. I truly believe it is a possibility that he may have gone of the deep end. He never truly accepted the idea of her becoming a vampire. He only accepted it in the sense that he would rather have her as a vampire than dead. But I think if Jacob hadn't attacked the Cullens at that point, that he would have run off for a long time. And I think there would have been sad howling in the distance, in his pain over the girl he loved and was lost to him forever. So I think that Nessie made all the difference in how Jacob accepted Bella as a vampire. She was dying, and there was no other way.
As for the time after, I think that Edward would have still felt guilty even if Bella was happy. Her humanity would be lost forever, and I think it would have been difficult for Edward to come to terms with the fact that he wasn't a monster for doing it. She was sure of him, and her future with him. Bella would have been happy I think. Especially when she realized that she still had all her human emotions intact, and that she wouldn't be a crazed newborn for long period of time. It would have been easier for her in relation to Charlie and Renee. She would have had time to say her goodbyes, and go off to college. The official explanation, that is.
So I do think that if it had gone according to plan, it would have changed the experience of the transformation for all of them.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Wow, Dovrebanen, what an amazing answer to JG's question. You've covered everything so well, I don't have much to add.

I think, even hundreds of years later, Edward still would have lingering guilt for changing Bella. There is so much room in his brain I think even as he felt happy & love & all the other good things, he would still feel very selfish.

Jacob absolutely would be a mess. I'm not sure how it would affect the treaty; I mean, I guess we saw Sam's thoughts about it when they first found out B&E were back in Breaking Dawn and Sam would still be Jake's alpha. I can absolutely see Jake acting the same way he did that first time -- heading over to the Cullen's to try to avenge Bella. Ugh, and hurting the whole time. He certainly would not have given Edward his permission to break the treaty -- he would still absolutely hate Edward. You should ask this question over on the Jacob thread!

Image Image Image
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Okay, now that I have had some time to clear that terrible Twilight movie out of my head, I have a question. In New Moon Edward goes to the Volturi, to kindly ask them to end his life. Now we know that Aro read him and knew about Bella. Let's say that Bella was unable to accompany Alice to Italy. Being Alice, she was able to save Edward's life. Do you think that the Volturi would have sent the guard after Bella? Or would Alice still have been able to win Aro over?
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Kachiti~ An interesting angle to take. I think between Alice and Edward, they would have convinced Aro that Bella was no threat because Edward would turn her. Once Edward was convinced that she was alive, his mind would immediately resolve to return to her. Alice's vision of a vampire Bella would return and she would be able to convince Aro to give them some time. And, as Alice and Edward were the two Cullens Aro coveted most, he would not want to use up any good will he had with them at that early juncture.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS