Singers raise your voice.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Re: Singers raise your voice.

Post by sarah! »

I'm in choir, show choir, and theater too!
I have a wide range though- really high notes to really low notes.
At school I'm a 1st Soprano, 2nd Soprano, and Alto 1.
At church choir I'm an Alto 1 and Alto 2. lol
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

I feel arant coming on.
I have a choir concert this Saturday. Not one choir is ready, except maybe concert choir. In my choir, Women's Ensamble, we were just getting our heads out of our scores and really memorizing TODAY! We don't have school on Friday and there is a chance of a snow day tomorrow. That means we are seriously screwed over right now. What can't people take it upon themselves to learn their parts instead of talking during sectionals? Why? Or sit down at a piano and play your melody or sight read it. If you can't sight read even a little bit, what the heck are you doing in an audition choir?!?! Oh yeah, because our choir director wants to spare everyone's feelings if her can and plays senority and favorites. GAH!! We are going to do horrid at the concert and make giant fools of our selves.

On another note, last month I participated in a Solo and Ensamble Festival. It went well, I memorized my piece in less than two months and recived a 32 out of 40 which resulted in an excellent. I was only three points away from a superior. Next year I hopefulley can get a Superior. I sang Per la gloria d'adorarvi. I think that is how you spell it. Beautiful peice.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I enjoy singing, but I wouldn't say I'm that good at it. I love singing to my favorite cds & songs & sometimes to the radio if a good song is on. I have never sung in any choirs & don't really want to. I just enjoy doing it when I'm in the mood or watching a musical, or messing w/my friends.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

*opera voice* La la la la la la la la laaaaaaa...
I don't sing opera sorry. Sometimes. But I like soft singing. I made up a song for camp, and it had to be a war cry and so my team sang it, whilst I stomped, and we won ^_^

hehehe..... My favourite singer is Jason Mraz and Beyonce!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone posted a video of themselves on youtube????
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

my god, i seriously think singing is my life sometimes, haha, everyone says i sing too much but thats simply because i love singing too much! im in an a capella goup at my school and ive done some a capella recording for future references ; ) i also write a lot, ive got 30+ songs i wrote myself, does anyone else write songs?
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Sam!
I'm in an acapella mixed group too! :)
ImageImage
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

How on Earth did I miss this thread?!

Singing is my life, and my future career as soon as I get done with High School. All my friends say I sound like some weird Colbie Caillat / Christina Aguilera hybrid. I don't know how they got that, but hey, my freinds are a strange bunch. But seriously, I've been singing since I was 5 and I've loved being on stage for as long.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

I am DEFANIATLEY a singer. I sing first soprano. The highest note that I've ever hit was an E three lines above the treble staff.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by sarah! »

I can go higher. ;)
But it's very hard.
ImageImage
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I sing.
I'm trying. It's hard to get an opinion on my voice, as it's either my mother who says You're great!, all of my ex-gfs who said I wa great, or my guy friends who say I'm gay. So I want an honest opinion.

But oh well.

I also act. I have been Robin Hood in Robin Hood, and I am currently waiting for my school's next year production. So I think singing is great. My sister sings a lot too, she hit the high note in the song Seasons of Love from Rent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8iTeDl_Wug (2:54 to 3:06, that's not her) but it should be up on Youtube soon.

I love singing, it's awesome, and my family is enormously musical.
Dad: Every instrument basically.
Mom: Clarinet
Sister: Sings, Violin, Piano, Saxophone
Me: Percussion (DrumSet, Xylophone, all that) Piano, and maybe Guitar, Sings
Brother: Bass, Guitar, Tuba
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl