Awkward Moments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Re: Awkward Moments

Post by sarah! »

hah Gnat that's funny!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
abunai.rikuro
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by abunai.rikuro »

Most awkward moment I've had recently... So my brother is 2 years older than me. Anyway, He asked me to give him a ride to his friends house since he couldn't take the car. The only words said were Directions, such as "turn left here". Oh my gosh I was going to explode.. I felt sooo weird.. my mood went from :D to :| right when he got in the car. I haven't felt so gloomy in forever!! I'm such a happy-go person too, haha. Anways, the last conversation I had with my brother started with me yelling at him and it ended with both of us in tears. It was about a hour or so discussion... that was.. several months ago, heh.

It's sad really.. It's practically like he's not my brother.. ah well I have 3 other ones! But the oldest I don't consider as much of a brother either :lol: . I'm much closer to my 4 sisters :D though.
Twilight Mafia: Rin
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

I'm kind of socially challenged in certain situations. Like if I walk into a classroom or the library and see someone I know, I don't know what to do. Typically I just look away or something.

Sometimes someone will come in after me and sit near me and they'll never say anything or I'll never say anything. And I just sit in my chair and squirm.
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

Anyone ever experienced when you're walking with a friend and you suddenly hold hands in accident?

So the other day, my guy friend was walking me to my Psychology class. We were talking about Chemistry stuff when accidentally, our hands bumped into each other and held hands for a split second [and trust me, it's nothing special, I totally don't see him that way--let's just say I'm one of the guys]. As a reaction, I put both of my hands together and made weird gestures [like I was applying lotion to my hands] and he suddenly goes and says, 'What?! I washed my hands!' and I then remembered that he went to the bathroom before walking me to class. O_O Lordeh.

Yeah, what can I say.. awkward much?
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Lacuna Scion wrote:I'm kind of socially challenged in certain situations. Like if I walk into a classroom or the library and see someone I know, I don't know what to do. Typically I just look away or something.

Sometimes someone will come in after me and sit near me and they'll never say anything or I'll never say anything. And I just sit in my chair and squirm.
Lol, that's what I do. I hate stopping to make conversation because I never know how to get away! Then we both end up standing there in a long awkward silence..... *crickets*

So whenever I pass someone I know I just think: Don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact...
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
abunai.rikuro

Post by abunai.rikuro »

Best way to avoid eye contact with someone is pretend you're searching for a song on your ipod orrr texting on your phone. I've mastered that. But I normally just wave and say Hi and keep walking 'cause I never have time to stop and chat. The beauty of college is you hardly see the same person all the time unless they're in your class. 8-)

Oh and that "accidentally bumping hands" thing happens to me AALLL the time, haha. Sometimes my friends and I will just joke and grab hands when that happens and swing our arms back and forth orrr I say "trying to hold me hand or something?! =P" and we just laugh. Or i'll whack the back of my hand against their arm. :D Or then the common "whoops, sorry." and I walk with my arms in front of me, my hands clasped together for a few min.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

abunai.rikuro wrote:Best way to avoid eye contact with someone is pretend you're searching for a song on your ipod orrr texting on your phone. I've mastered that. But I normally just wave and say Hi and keep walking 'cause I never have time to stop and chat.
I don't have an ipod or a [cell] phone so I usually just look down or around.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
abunai.rikuro

Post by abunai.rikuro »

oh man.. bummer. Yeah, looking around or at the floor works too :D hehe.
D.Veniki
Wandering Through Town
Location: The Shinigami Realm (whether that be Deathnote or Bleach, you decide.)

Post by D.Veniki »

Most akward moment I had the other day was pulling my art album out of my car. It got caught on the headrest of the backseat (I was pulling it back through the trunk) so I yanked but it didn't come, then the backlash of how heavy it was pulled me with it. I went head first into the trunk and over the seat-- Legs dangling with a lovely girlish scream.
Now taking rant requests. Whatever you want me to rant about-- I will. Image

Twilight Mafia: Lucian
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

I had an awkward moment today.

I was at the library and my brother kept asking me to help him search for books. I told him not to bother me and he walked away. After a minute or two, as I was reading a book, someone wearing an orange shirt walked towards me, so I turned and said "Go there to find your books".
Then, I found out that he was not my brother. :oops: The person was looking at me in a funny manner and I quickly walked away. Thankfully, I didn't shout at him or something.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle