Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by Dovrebanen »

paulsbeyach wrote:does anyone else cringe when they hear New Moon described as a "Love Triangle?" or about "The girl who was caught in the middle???" UM....Hello??? Are they reading the same book?? Yeah Bella loves Jocob but Not in that way!! Everytime I see that ET lead in I yell at the screen.
Absolutely hate it..What a comment to make. Girl caught in the middle? Have they even read New Moon??? All she wanted was Edward. He left her totally heartbroken, beyond what anyone can understand. At one point she did wonder if she could make Jake happy even if she still loved Edward. But she couldn't give all of herself to Jake. She was so crushed by Edward leaving, and only became whole again when he was back. He was the one thing she really couldn't live without. So I don't see a love triangle in New Moon since Bella is still unaware of her romantic feelings for Jake.
fanMNM wrote:I was just looking at the Lex's blog page and saw the picture released of the wolf pack...well, some of them anyway...they all look soo great!!

Wondering though if anyone noticed the tattoo they all seem to have on their upper arms?? I'm thinking this is something being added in the movie...that all the wolves have this tattoo?
You really should have put a warning on that picture. I am totally bored at work and opened the Lex blog to see the picture you mentioned. And there they were..No shirts on. The old guy behind me must think I'm a bit weird looking at halfnaked guys during work hours :lol: They look very very nice though ;)
The tattoo..I saw someone earlier say that Taylor had a tattoo. And now they all have it. Must be some wolf-identification they have decided to add. Something so signify what they are. Couldn't quite tell what it was supposed be. But I'm sure it will be in the movie since they all have it. A bit strange since it's not in the book...But ok...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Thinking of replacing Edward,

Wouldn't Bella be far better off with Felix or Demetrius?

:idea:

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

paulsbeyach wrote:does anyone else cringe when they hear New Moon described as a "Love Triangle?" or about "The girl who was caught in the middle???" UM....Hello??? Are they reading the same book?? Yeah Bella loves Jocob but Not in that way!! Everytime I see that ET lead in I yell at the screen.

I know I do. NM is not a love triangle. We all know Jacob has feelings for Bella (that's been clear since the beginning) but Bella (at least in nm) only sees him as a good friend. He is the one who helps her get through a really tough & dark time in her life. It's not until Eclipse that she realizes that there's something there but it's not even close to being the deep love she has for Edward. (If she somehow ended up w/him it never could be like what she has for Edward and she could never be truely happy.)

by The Dark Knight: New Moon as a book is my least favorite. Many agree, my anger toward Edward for leaving is overwhelming at times. You would think a 108 year old would have more common sense. Given all the possiblities, he could have stayed while the other left till she was ready to become one of them. Victoria is still out there, why didn't he see that one coming. He really blew this one.
I totally agree here. NM is my least favorite but mostly just because it's so sad and depressing. I hate reading what Bella goes through and could hurt Edward for leaving. But what made me understand his decision more and not be too mad at him was reading what SM put on her website about the story behind NM. Here she explains why Edward left more fully and what was going through his mind. It's a cool read if you never have. Plus there's a lot more there on her site that's fun too. Like some FAQ's and parts that were cut out of NM and Twilight during the editing process.

The picture of the wolf pack is pretty cool. I'm interested what that tattoo looks like we need a better picture more close up picture.

Now bring on some pictures of the Volturi (that's what I'm looking forward to.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

pennybug84 wrote:
by The Dark Knight: New Moon as a book is my least favorite. Many agree, my anger toward Edward for leaving is overwhelming at times. You would think a 108 year old would have more common sense. Given all the possiblities, he could have stayed while the other left till she was ready to become one of them. Victoria is still out there, why didn't he see that one coming. He really blew this one.
I totally agree here. NM is my least favorite but mostly just because it's so sad and depressing. I hate reading what Bella goes through and could hurt Edward for leaving. But what made me understand his decision more and not be too mad at him was reading what SM put on her website about the story behind NM. Here she explains why Edward left more fully and what was going through his mind. It's a cool read if you never have. Plus there's a lot more there on her site that's fun too. Like some FAQ's and parts that were cut out of NM and Twilight during the editing process.
Thanks for sharing that link, pennybug84. How could I have missed that? Will read it right away.
I have to say that NM has gone from being the book I liked the least, to being my favorite. I just finished re-reading it a couple of days ago, and I love it. It's a book with so many ups and downs. The breakdown when Edward leaves (I still cry a little every time...), and then enjoying Bella's time getting her life back together somehow even if it is not the way it used to be. And the last chapters of NM, from Alice comes to visit and throughout to the end, are just amazing. You have the race and Volterra. And then you have the sweet reunion. Heart racing, all these emotions. I just love it. I'm not mad at Edward for leaving. I never was actually. He made the wrong decision, but at the time he couldn't see any other solution. He couldn't stay with her until she was ready to join them, because he didn't want her to join him. Edward didn't want to be the one to take her life away. For him, that was the worst that could happen. So I understand that he left, based on the kind of person he is. He worries and he blames himself for everything. He should have realized that leaving would only cause Bella more pain, but somehow he couldn't see past the safety issue. And the moment he left, I also felt how much it cost him to do it. So for all these reasons, NM has become my favorite book.
silver-swallow
Learning to Love Green

Post by silver-swallow »

I have to say, im another person who loves new moon. I suppose its understandable, me being a team-jacob girl and all, but its exactly BECAUSE the story is so sad and heartbreaking that i love it!!! Im a sucker for a story that makes me go teary eyed, i love them.

I think, out of all the books, new moon was in some ways, the most essential book to bella, edward and jacobs story. If that makes sense. new moon sets the pace for everything that happens, it shows exactly how all the characters stand with one another. And it is the one book that REALLY shows the true emotion and depth in the series, eclipse being the second. (though i gotta say, eclipse still my fave) I know that usually is the job of the last book in the series to handle, but dont get me started on breaking dawns ending, lol! :roll:

The "love triangle" kinda bugged me, but not majorly i guess. Ok, in eclipse, it could be classed correctly as a love triangle, but not in new moon. When will people start doing their homework. If they had even said "the starting point of the future love triangle" it would have made a LITTLE more sense......

Ah, sure why am i even bothering, lol! End of the day, it wont affect whats actually in the new moon film, what ET says. :D
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I love new moon also.
I'm team eddie, and although he left and how heartbreaking that was, I just didn't buy it.
I knew he would come back one way or another.

And chapter 16 onwards are my favourite.
I love how Bella drops everything to go save Edward.
I love how she doesn't care that he left.
I love how Edward is declaring his love for Bella the night after Italy.
I love how it makes me cry.
I love how Bella says that Edward leaving is worse than Victoria and the Volturi.
And ofcourse I love how he asks her to marry him.

The end of the book, overall, is my favourite part in the whole series.
And the middle of the book is just a great, heartbreaking build up to the amazing ending.

+ I don't see NM as a love triangle. But Eclipse is definitely
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

AliceFan wrote:
Davnee wrote:God this stupid wig thing is so annoying. You know I couldn't care less if Taylor shows up on the set completely bald. I'm happy he's the one in this role and I don't care what his stupid hair looks like. I just want the movie to be successful and true to the tale.
:lol: Davnee, you made my night. And here I thought I was just too damned old to get worked up about wigs and dress colors; I thought I was the only one with other priorities. Thanks for the laugh.
Oh thank goodness I was starting to think I was the only one! So you just made my night! :lol:

And I'm not sure why there are so many people who find that New Moon is their least favorite book. This book is the driving force of the series. It lays all the cards on the table as to where everyone stands without revealing their direct course. Stephenie wouldn't have let Edward leave, then brought him back only to have him leave again. She makes it abundantly clear in New Moon that it's Bella and Edward that will be together forever. Jacob is just a very nice wrench thrown into the mix. Not so sure why everyone is always so threatened by his presence. He makes for great dramatic tension. Isn't that what a good story needs?
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jadey wrote:I love new moon also.
I'm team eddie, and although he left and how heartbreaking that was, I just didn't buy it.
I knew he would come back one way or another.

And chapter 16 onwards are my favourite.
I love how Bella drops everything to go save Edward.
I love how she doesn't care that he left.
I love how Edward is declaring his love for Bella the night after Italy.
I love how it makes me cry.
I love how Bella says that Edward leaving is worse than Victoria and the Volturi.
And ofcourse I love how he asks her to marry him.

The end of the book, overall, is my favourite part in the whole series.
And the middle of the book is just a great, heartbreaking build up to the amazing ending.

+ I don't see NM as a love triangle. But Eclipse is definitely
Agreed 100 %. Every single word is like I should have said it myself. I always knew he loved her, and I cried for him as well. Everything from ch 16 -> is just amazing. It shows how true their love is. Bella didn't hesitate a second, she would have run to Italy if that's what it took. His words meant nothing to her, and it didn't even matter if he didn't want her because he was all she wanted. And I love how she says that if she fails, nothing else will matter. I hate that she wouldn't marry him. Who wouldn't marry Edward Cullen??? I loved how she had Edward's voice in her head. And how Bella really showed some backbone when she stalked off to Edward's house and put her mortality to a vote. Just a truly great book, which I hope will be translated into a just as great movie.
edwardISmine
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardISmine »

so I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but has any one else heard that they've decided on a director for Eclipse!!

I just read this on ET's website, here is the link http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/04/73119/index.html

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet.....what do you guys think?
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

I MOST AGREE WITH JADEY ABOUT CHPT 16 & ON ARE nm FOR ME.

As for those that don't get why NM is the least favorite, I'll give you a personal reason. Like Edward I left my love of my life for a short period of time. Good reasons are no substitute for causing that much pain in your soul mate. The scar from that act will not heal in this lifetime but will have to be worked out in the next one.

There are many who have lived through such devastating mistakes. In that, we find it very difficult to live with our own "personal little Hell' that we have created. Seeing it in print, opens all those old wounds to the point that one relives the pain once again. Given this, it is not hard to see why so many people find NM to be the least favorite.

Understanding, forgiveness and humility are not a given in this world. More to the point, in this world we live in Self interest governs all. It is a lesson that is given till you truly grasp it. I hope you all fair better at it than I did.
at it than I did.

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."