Braces

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AmyPyjamas
Settled in Forks

Re: Braces

Post by AmyPyjamas »

I had braces for about a year, my teeth were okay just after i had them taken off but then i stopped wearing my retainer at night. I really need to wear my retainer again to move some of my teeth back in place.
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Anarey »

I had braces for a year, then my gums started to hurt and bleed and my teeth went back to the original place and I was so mad I took them off with my tweezers.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Fanpire

Post by Fanpire »

I'll have braces...I know I need them but I still don't want them :cry:
RajaniArchana

Post by RajaniArchana »

Well I have to go back and get my headgear redone tomorrow because it was so tight it made me cry...as my mom said, " She's usually a trooper about her braces but she was intears when she had the headgear on." Worst pain I've ever had in my life. Does anyone know if that's normal? :(

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
Carmen
Settled in Forks

Post by Carmen »

RajaniArchana wrote:Well I have to go back and get my headgear redone tomorrow because it was so tight it made me cry...as my mom said, " She's usually a trooper about her braces but she was intears when she had the headgear on." Worst pain I've ever had in my life. Does anyone know if that's normal? :(
I had a headgear too and it was unbelievably painful at first ... but then I got used to it ;)
Jacob's_Girl
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jacob's_Girl »

I had braces for just shy of three years (it was SUPPOSED to be one and a half!) and didn't have many problems. I got the lightest most non-scary kind tho, and just on the top. My major problems were the teeth they pulled before i got them, getting them on 2 days before Thanksgiving (and not being able to eat) and constantly getting hit in the mouth after i got them (can anyone say ouch?). Now I'm finally into the retainer phase and it's way more annoying if slightly less painful. I'm getting sores, people can't understand me and it pops out at weird moments. (Like when I'm talking to cute guys...suddenly sticking your hand in your mouth to fix the darn thing? major turn off.) It's worth it though. I had major snaggle teeth (thumb sucking as a toddler wil do that) and I HATED to smile. Now, even though there's still a little metal, I'm all smiles!
Terry Pratchett... cuz i can't live on Twilight alone. J<3B *RDP*
My stalker thinks I'm awesome.
I am the NOSPACE, Queen of the Random since '91!
(\__/)This is Bunny. Paste him on your sig so he can gain control!
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

Anarey wrote:I had braces for a year, then my gums started to hurt and bleed and my teeth went back to the original place and I was so mad I took them off with my tweezers.
hey i'm about there. i've had them for 4 years and my gums are always bleeding and swollen and sore so i'm ready to take them off. i'm just afraid there will be left over glue on my teeth, did that happen to you?
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

I have braces. I don't like them at all, but it will be nice to have nice teeth after it's all over! I've had them on for about 2 years, and will get them off in about a year and a half. I just got the bottom ones on though, and they hurt really bad. I couldn't barely eat anything. But half of the torture is over, but of course it doesn't feel like it.
I've broken them a few times. Once on a carrot, twice on lettuce (It was that hard part), and one time it was just my tongue that was playing with it in class, and the springy metal thing popped out.
My orthodontist breath always stinks when he is looking at my mouth, and I hate it.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I've had braces for about a year and a half... and I hate them. SO much.

The first week I got them on I wanted to rip them off. They HURT!

Then they get way better, they only slightly hurt whenever I get them tightened, but they are still annoying. I always get food in them. :(

Annoying. Very.
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

The only thing I was really scared about when I got my braces was getting my teeth pulled out. I have a deathly fear of having my teeth pulled out. Actually, it's more the fear of the huge metal syringes they use to inject anesthetic with. The braces themselves aren't really that bad. At first, they hurt and always got caught to the sides of my mouth, but after a while I got used to them. And if they're straightening my teeth, they've got to be worth some of the pain :D!
Krystal wrote: I've broken them a few times. Once on a carrot, twice on lettuce (It was that hard part), and one time it was just my tongue that was playing with it in class, and the springy metal thing popped out.
Mine broke once when I was eating a hamburger. It split right in the middle! It sucked cause I had to wait til the next day to go get it fixed, so the wire kept poking inside my mouth.