Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by SenorGimp »

obieewok wrote:Ok....so if you haven't seen, Obie is back on with a vengence. Forgive me for my weekend absence, but I had a mother in law obligation that could NOT be avoided. UGH. Hey---I'm on IMDB lol. That's another random fact! I was in a movie. I was "child". It was such a huge role. I mean it. There were only like twenty "child" roles. lmao. Oh---and Obie's favorite show of all time was and always will be Queer as Folk (the US version). Don't ask why....just roll wit' it'....

My new fave guy on the board (sticks tongue out to Cody) is pharmer---probably just because he's a smart*** and he knows EVERYTHING. He tries to play it like he doesn't, but yet he ALWAYS has an answer for everything. And I dig the self absorbed-aspect---that's why he's badddddddd. As for the whole facebook thing---I try to balance it. I know lots of people on here like facebook, but it's not exactly like I can blog my epic long novels (thanks for the shout out Ninna!) on there, plus I'd much rather reserve them for here. I basically just use facebook to post random quirky Chuck Norris facts lol. Let's face it---I don't have much in the way of value to say 98 percent of the time---I'm just the random generator. I'm cool with that.

@pharmer---I don't post my pic on here because we want people to be drawn to the lex---not running away in fear dude. Plus, as you already stated (green monster pokes it's head out :mrgreen: ) Megs and Jas already covered the "Hot Girls of the Lex" for us, so why bother? I'm 28 man! That's like 98 in Jacob years or something.

@honeythestripper----I am not sure what kind of carnival fun mirror you look at every day, but you are spank bank material chick---that's Obie code for hot. So shut your trap because I'm pretty sure hubs is at home doing naughty things to your pic. Ewww.....on so many levels.

@Becs/Meg---Think you two can pull yourself away from your lovefest to remember the third musketeer ( :cry: ) I'm Porthos. So deal with it. And don't think I don't know about you too shopping without me---I totally know.....and on Rex Manning day nonetheless! And Megs----you know EXACTLY how I get out of tickets lol.

@Jas---I spent two hours in Lush yesterday. I bought some more of those baby makeup removers and another farm soap. I LOVE that place.

Oh, to all newbies-----sorry if I can't remember you all----rectify that by posting a ton on here. I'm Obie, I'm in Texas, I'm apparently the board's freaky instigator of random facts, I'm 28 (shut up), oh, and I'm married with a kid (let's not talk about that in this realm lol). I'm in corporate america, although I'm a writer part time for all things that are editorial. I'm extremely EXTREMELY liberal and opinionated, I'm type A Positive, and I can eat a huge pickle is such a way that I am banned in a large amount of movie theatres around here. I'm a HUGE flirt although when it is returned (in everyday life) I totally and completely shut down and lose every ounce of my mental capabilities to deal(just ask the Ben Affleck lookalike across the wall----I think I swore at him and stomped on his toe...but yet he's still staring....must be into that....hmmmm). I've never been on a forum/board/anything before, and to tell you the truth I'm not a huge fan of the movie and the more I read the books, I'm like, Ehhhhh. But still I'm here because the IDEA of Twilight is so appealing. That, and you really can't find a better group of weirdos than these----I love these people on here like they were my red headed ginger step children, really I do. So I look forward to harrassing, er, talking with you all.

On to new bid'ness----Anyone read about a certain vampire movie getting halted due to a lawsuit that deals with plagarism? The story was everywhere this morning, and now the front page of the Lex says it's bogus---but like TMZ of someone has the docs to back it up-----must be a very elaborate hoax. Why people waste time on these things, I shall never ever understand.

I'm being inudated with fanfic---I have read a ton over the past week (plus the new chap of WA---if you are a newbie, Wide Awake is the juggernaut at this time and place for twilight fanfic so check it out) and it's really amazing to me how much smut something so chaste like Twilight has managed to spin off lol. Some of the fanfic has no plot---it's just them getting bizzzzyyyy. And that's all great, but I'm looking for a story. So I'll read any fanfic thrown out there, and I'm going now to read some of our lexlings fanfic too. I'm a sucker for anything with Jasper or Jacob by the way.

Fanfics I'm done reading:
Only Human----was really actually good. The set up is lame---bella goes back in time to chicago in 1908 or whatever because of-get this-a birthday wish. So she gets to see human eddie. And mack on human eddie. Nice.

The Antidote----hands down one of my favs because Eddie eats chalupas. A lot. Basically Bella's blood that he sucks out at the ballet studio turns him human. Hilarity from Emmett is guaranteed. Eddie likes mexican food....and whizzing. Nice.

Good Bella/Bad Bella---Ok...Up front---I have problems with people who write smut for the sake of smut or just make Bella out to be a human trash thing. Didn't really care for this one so much. But if you want a happy ending (in the smut way) then go there.

Wilting---One of my new favs. Eddie is a psychiatrist, Bella his patient. It's got some smuttakes, but a very deep intense story.

Waxing Crescent--great and funny Reneesme/Jacob diddy. I love Daddy Edward. LOVE him. Imagine having a dad that could read your mind around your boyfriend. Nice.

Innocent, Vigiliant, Ordinary---I LOVED THIS ONE. Just go read it.

The Fallout---Same as above---just go read it.

Right now I'm trying to read Coming to Terms. Looks like Eddie boy (all human by the way) got Bells knocked up and he's not too happy about it.

I'm also currently reading Dead Until Dark---the first Sookie Stackhouse book----and I'm getting into it. Holly has good recommendations---so if she tells you people to read something, do it. She's usually spot on.

Ok...about to begin my Monday morning of number crunching. The gym blew this morning by the way. I totally didnt work out as hard as I should/could have. Ugh.

Respond!
Obie, it's not like that, we only wrote the one story together, I swear! WE can write a story together if you want -pouty face-
(I'm so gonna get in trouble for this^^)
(Um, I'm trying to respond to the first three messages of yours I read at the same time, so bear with me)
You would definitely be the Raisin Girl!
You notice that on a stop light Green means "go", and Yellow means "slow down", but on a banana it's just the opposite?
With a banana, green means "hold on", yellow means "go ahead", and red means "where the hell did you get that banana?"
Also, I notice that my story is not on your list of ones you've read... so read it! You can ask anyone on here, it's a good story, for the most part, except the ending is rather sad....

So read my story! hmmph!
Um, I'm gonna go read the other few pages of posts, and then write more, okay?
be back soon

EDIT

Told you...
um, I haven't really got anything to add, except "Obie 'weejie' is actually spelled 'Quija'"
Sorry :oops:
Well, I just finished reading Jasper's back story in Eclipse (that's right, I'm finally re-reading Eclipse! hooray!), so I think I might work on my Jasper story while it's still fresh....
Wish me luck!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Actually I believe it's Ouija, litterlaly yesyes. Oui being yes in French and ja in German or Dutch.

Good day lexlot,

Not the best of days today. My cellphone battery is dead, seemingly all of a sudden. I need a new phone. There's a lot of tension at work. And my sister had some weird news, good news but weird. Together with the weather gods not being able to make up their mind and a general feeling of what I can only describe as "displacement" today is weird.

I need the weekend to arive now, rest, gaming and the fantasy fair, not work, depressed colleagues and cloudy skies.
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

obieewok wrote:Um, I'm not a dude, but I am a Goddess that they worship
:D :D :D I love it! I wish I had that level of self confidence!!! Very cool ;)

Thank you so much for the advice Obie, my friend who I was with said a similar thing so thats what I'm going to do. It's tonight so wish me luck guys! (eep)

Jasmine I think your absolutly beautiful, and I would bet my bottom dollar (bottom pound sounds so rubbish...) that I am not the only one that thinks that by a long shot! Dont forget it! :)

Nocturnal - that sucks about your phone. I always hate it when that happens, I feel disconnected from the world!

Here's to a wonderful weekend whatever everyone is doing!

Personally I'm going to be hungover on Saturday from my managers leaving drinks then on Sunday I'm going to be at the London Marathon. Not running it but standing on the sidelines screaming, shouting and jumping up and down in encouragement! By the way if any Lexlings are in or around London I highly recomend going along to the marathon. Its SUCH an amazing atmosphere, you cant beat it! (Come and find me in Bermondsey if you want :) )

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

senorgimp, here is your link

http://www.heavymetalnation.com/SenorGi ... o%20Me.php

here is my facebook, although I'm not promising anything (as far as participation in gen Y stuff there). I like to be on here, and don't use facebook too much
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
Nocturnal Lure

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

I don't really use Facebook that much either, especially now my PC has decided to go on strike.

I used to be on myspace a lot, I think it was a bit more userfriendly. I dropped out more or less when they changed the lay-out. This is the first online community in a very long time I actually make an effort for of keeing up.

I was a fanatic cyber tourist once, I nearly lived behind my PC, but I lost interest due to things happening and things not happening. I did however meet the two women I have had the most intense relationships with online, on a forum, I ended up marrying one of them as well.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

thanks pharmer, I'll post it in my sig!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

oh my can't believe we're on the 92nd page of this thread! Yay! way to go Gen Y lexily :D
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Nocturnal Lure

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

It's oh so quiet,
It's oh so still,

So what's everybody doing today, except working off course.

I am at work, just heard the weather report for the weekend and that was sort of a disapointment. It seems that we will have rain during the Elf Fantasy Fair.
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

*Sarah is officially a muppet* She opened the Gen Y forum and saw it had gone onto 110 pages and she was like “woah! Where did 20 pages come from overnight?” Then as she was scrolling back through she saw everyone wishing everyone 'Happy speak in 3rd person day' and she thought "On no! Did I miss it? When did that happen!?"....then Sarah realised she was in the wrong Gen Y thread....

It’s very quiet in here…...

Sarah is discovering a love of the dots to signify a pause..........

Last night sucked a bit – discovered he has a girlfriend. Never mind, plenty more fish in the sea! On the up side because I was a bit dressed up in the office a few people complimented me, in fact our volunteer said I looked ‘glamourous’ – something I’ve never been called and that really made my day! :) She’s so sweet.

Anyways my Lexily I’m going to be mental busy over the weekend so apologies in advance if I miss a few days before posting. I hope we don’t get onto a new thread before I come back…

Have a lovely weekend everyone! *HUGS!* :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
Nocturnal Lure

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

SarahGoddard wrote:*Sarah is officially a muppet* She opened the Gen Y forum and saw it had gone onto 110 pages and she was like “woah! Where did 20 pages come from overnight?” Then as she was scrolling back through she saw everyone wishing everyone 'Happy speak in 3rd person day' and she thought "On no! Did I miss it? When did that happen!?"....then Sarah realised she was in the wrong Gen Y thread....

It’s very quiet in here…...

Sarah is discovering a love of the dots to signify a pause..........

Last night sucked a bit – discovered he has a girlfriend. Never mind, plenty more fish in the sea! On the up side because I was a bit dressed up in the office a few people complimented me, in fact our volunteer said I looked ‘glamourous’ – something I’ve never been called and that really made my day! :) She’s so sweet.

Anyways my Lexily I’m going to be mental busy over the weekend so apologies in advance if I miss a few days before posting. I hope we don’t get onto a new thread before I come back…

Have a lovely weekend everyone! *HUGS!* :mrgreen:
Sorry to hear last night was disapointing.... ( I like the dots/ pauze bit too)

And yes, there is plenty more fish in the sea. Still it can be frustrating when a particulair fish you like is swimming in another direction.

*HUGS*