Halloween

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Joanne Maria

Re: Halloween

Post by Joanne Maria »

I love Halloween. I dress up every year, usually as a witch or Gypsy. Haven't thought about this year yet, although my daughters and I have discussed decorations for our apartment, they love Halloween also.
I also love going to Halloween parades. The one in New York City is beyond awesome. I have also gone to smaller ones. There is a place in the Bronx, City Island, it is a place unto itself, cool place, cool people, cool parade.
What's so great about Halloween is that you can be whatever, whoever you want, no matter how weird, gotta love it.
cullen grl 17
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen grl 17 »

i never really liked Halloween, bcuz ppl would just allows scare me with their costumes. but this year i really want to dress up and get all into the halloween spirt! and get free candy! lol.
***But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it;
for in the day that thou eatest thereof
thou shalt surely die***
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

I don't dress up anymore. I stay home and help my grandparents give out candy. But, I love the holiday. Call me crazy, but I love going to stores and seeing all the decorations. Very strange, I know. One of the best parts is the sweets. Candy corn! Yay! Last year we got these donuts with maple flavored icing. They were awesome! But I couldn't eat more than one. Too much sugar makes me sick. :lol: :roll:
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

HA ha. I always go out with some of my friends and we trick or treat :lol:

But this year... I want to be Jane. I want to wear the black coolio cloak, and get the blood red eyes.

I can't wait to see what kind of strange looks i get when I give them my evil Jane smile :lol:
lalaith913
Learning to Love Green

Post by lalaith913 »

Halloween is seriously my favorite holiday. the only thing that comes close to it is Christmas, but it's pretty tight.

It occurred to me a few months ago that I had never dressed up as a vampire for Halloween. I mean, seriously! Who doesn't do that? So I'm finally doing it this year, though I havent' decided yet if I'm going for traditional, goth, Twilight, or just plan crazy vamp.
Banner and avatars HERE. Just credit me! Takes requests or at least attempts them.
Alice House/Team Edward
Angel_Vamp
Learning to Love Green

Post by Angel_Vamp »

Last year I was the female version of the joker, I had black diamond shapes going up and down the center of my eyes, and my face was pale white, i had on a red plaid skirt, a plain black shirt, white and black striped stockings, and the knee high combat boots, I even had my hair in pony tails and made it so they frizzed out.

This year I'm gonna be a Royal Modern Day Vampire with a Victorian undertone, seeing as its different their are no costumes for it so I get to make it myself, which is always cool since it means I get to bring more of my taste into the costume instead of just buying one and being like hmm what can I do to make this unique and more mysterious.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

halloween where i am just fizzles into nothing :( Last year i tried to plan trick-or-treating with a bunch of friends and then most couldn't go. so i ended up wandering around with one friend, my little sister and my little cousins and my mum and dad. sob.

i normally dont even eat the lollies, coz i end up dropping them or some old lady gives them to us and it has mould on it or something.

oh well. there's still christmas. :D
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

The end of September is near...time to get decorating and stuff...can't wait!!! :D :D :D
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

My next door neighbors are so crazy over Halloween they already started decorating. Heck, they treat Halloween like Christmas but last year I didn't see them put up a single light for Christmas. I can't even remember if they had a tree.

Anyways, I'm not as excited about Halloween like I was when I was a kid. That doesn't mean that I don't go out in costume and score some candy. Who doesn't like getting tons of free candy? And the neighborhood I trick-or-treated in last year was a major jackpot! Lol, it was strange because I was like the only fifteen year old out there getting candy and my brother didn't come with us! But everyone told me I had the best costume; I wore my kimono, a black wig with a widow's peek and blue highlights, and purple arm length gloves and cape with spiderweb patterns on them. I'm contemplating what to wear this year. My mom suggested I dress up as a witch and I instantly thought Hermione. My front teeth are big enough and if my hair gets wet and drys on its own I have the perfect hair! But then I thought maybe I could dress up as Chowder (the cartoon character). He's so cute! I hope they have a costume of him!
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
sarah-belle
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by sarah-belle »

I still go trick-or-treating because I'm cool like that ;) Last year I went as Bella from prom and my brother went as Edward. And nobody knew who we were, even though we wore name tags and everything. I made a cast for my leg and I had a corsage and everything. If I dressed up as her this year, I bet TONS of people would be like, "OMG, it's Bella!!"
This year I'm going as Jack Barakat. I get to be a guy for a day :lol: Hailey won't freaking go with me. She was all, "I'm too old." She's such a loser. :roll:
Image Image
Are we wasting time or is it wasting us?