Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by twilight1909 »

It sounded to me like Rob was responding to "girls getting their Edward fix" by saying it's not exactly enjoyable seeing/hearing Edward during the brief glimpses. He says it's disturbing because Bella "is going crazy." I guess Rob doesn't see the romantic aspect of Bella hearing Edward's voice when she's in danger.
I don't know, but I hope he doesn't really want Edward to come off as disturbing. That's all wrong.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Twilightchick79
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilightchick79 »

twilight1909 wrote:It sounded to me like Rob was responding to "girls getting their Edward fix" by saying it's not exactly enjoyable seeing/hearing Edward during the brief glimpses. He says it's disturbing because Bella "is going crazy." I guess Rob doesn't see the romantic aspect of Bella hearing Edward's voice when she's in danger.
I don't know, but I hope he doesn't really want Edward to come off as disturbing. That's all wrong.
I agree. I thought in the book there was a romantic aspect of Bella hearing his voice. It allowed the reader to not only understand her pain but to see her put herself in a postion that would cause the voice to come out. In my reading I did not find the voice disturbing at all. So I just wonder how they will truly represent that aspect. Very nervous.
My life was like a moonless night. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. There was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, everything went black. My eyes were blinded by the light. And there was no more reason for anything.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Twilightchick79 wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:It sounded to me like Rob was responding to "girls getting their Edward fix" by saying it's not exactly enjoyable seeing/hearing Edward during the brief glimpses. He says it's disturbing because Bella "is going crazy." I guess Rob doesn't see the romantic aspect of Bella hearing Edward's voice when she's in danger.
I agree. I thought in the book there was a romantic aspect of Bella hearing his voice. It allowed the reader to not only understand her pain but to see her put herself in a postion that would cause the voice to come out. In my reading I did not find the voice disturbing at all. So I just wonder how they will truly represent that aspect. Very nervous.

I agree. I don't want some weird scary Edward. (when she hears his voice I was hoping they would maybe just do a voiceover. to me that work work well.) That and the fact they said something about a scary dream sequence has made me very curiouse! What are they going to do & how are they going to do it? Definitely have peaked my interest & wanting to see it.

I thought it was stupid that one of the secrets was Taylor/Jacob riding a motorcycle, that's no secret! Geez. And then the fact that Kristen & Rob are just friends is no secret either. She has a boyfriend she's been dating for a few years. Stupid tabloids.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

^^ Agreed. How can Edward's voice be scary or disturbing? For Bella it was the most beautiful voice in the universe. She went to great lengths to hear it in her head. She ventured into extreme sports, since that was the only way she could think of him without ripping herself apart. So it was definitely romantic. It made sense to me in some way. She needed to hear it, and did everything she could to make it happen.
This made me all nervous... Hope he didn't mean it in the way that Edward's voice would be disturbing, but more in the sense that it can be seen as disturbing to hear voices in one's head. But that wasn't the case for Bella either. To her it was rewarding and something she wanted.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well, to put this on its side: Remember we're witnessing everything here through the filter of Bella.

To her, his voice is always beautiful- no matter what he's actually saying.

However, perhaps to Rob, Edward's voice would be disturbing and/or scary. He is after all trying to dissuade her from doing something stupid.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Dovrebanen wrote:^^ Agreed. How can Edward's voice be scary or disturbing? For Bella it was the most beautiful voice in the universe. She went to great lengths to hear it in her head. She ventured into extreme sports, since that was the only way she could think of him without ripping herself apart. So it was definitely romantic. It made sense to me in some way. She needed to hear it, and did everything she could to make it happen.
This made me all nervous... Hope he didn't mean it in the way that Edward's voice would be disturbing, but more in the sense that it can be seen as disturbing to hear voices in one's head. But that wasn't the case for Bella either. To her it was rewarding and something she wanted.
Excellent, Dovre!!! Well put.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I think he's mostly going to be disturbing in the dream sequences. Remember, Bella has a lot of dreams where she wakes up screaming. And she's always afraid to go to sleep incase she has those dreams again.
I can't remember exactly but doesn't she have dreams where shes running away and jacob/edward are usually there?

So I reckon they have to be pretty scary if she wakes up screaming.

(I know she has dreams where theres just nothing. Where shes searching for nothing, but the scary dreams come after)

:?

I'm looking forward to this demonic Edward.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

^^^ yeah I think (hope) that Rob was talking about Bella's nightmares, where he's scary and the nightmare she had when both Jacob and Edward was there.

I just saw Adventureland and Kristen was great. She had a scene where she was crying in the car. I think she can pull off the depression in NM.

The scenes with Taylor and Kristen in the movie was great. I think Taylor nailed it. He even sounded like he was about to cry when he said "I'm not giving up." And then when Kristen said "Jake, don't do this." That was spot on!
I wish they were sitting on the bench across from the men's bathroom though like in the book, because Jacob was attempting to put his arms around her and that scene would've been nice.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I, too, am a little perplexed and concerned about the idea of scary demonic Edward. I guess I am just a little weirded out about how they are going to make that fit with the whole idea that Bella's delusions are her subconscious reminding her that Edward loves her no matter what idiotic notions of protecting her he gets. I do kind of understand that they might be translating her pain and fear into her dreams, making them a little more visceral. But, she never feared Edward, never found him demonic or frightening. The whole reason her dreams were filled with nothing is because that's how she saw her life without him, empty and filled with nothing; no love, no joy, no family, no future.But, I just can't see that translated into demonic scary Edward.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

Has anyone read this interview they've mentioned on the lexblog?

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/on-a- ... -pattinson

First, was it real (b/c the Lex usually makes sure things are spot on)? And second, if it was real, what does Rob mean by:
Edward and Bella’s reunion in New Moon is good. It’s different from the book so I think people will be happy.
I'm a little nervous... :? :? :? :? Out of all the scenes, the reunion is pretty darn important to us!!!! I may hyperventilate....

Okay, I'm back. I just hope he means it is *better* (if that is even possible) than in the book.
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)