Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

Nocturnal Lure wrote:On a lighter note... I nearly died today.

In short, I was walking on the sidewalk with two colleagues during lunchbreak. Suddenly we heard screeching tires, we looked behind us and for me time went slo-mo right then. A car was coming at us at 100 km p hour skiddingout of control. All I could do was run. The car actually rolled through the air crushing two small trees before stopping upside down on a low wall. The car was a complete wreck but three guys managed to get out unscathed! If you had seen the car you would know they should have been dead. It being just 2 or 3 meters away, I should have been dead. But I am still here, shaking since 12:10 this afternoon.

Very cute, one of the two colleagues said she wanted my name tattooed on her arm, she feels that me starting to run is what made her run and be safe as well.

Just thought I'd share.

Love, Nocturnal Lure

May the moon light our path

I was waiting for the part where Edward jumps out and stops the van and catches you in his arms.....No?

And she wants your name on her for other reasons. Seriously...Jaz is going to get all up on my koolaid because I'm PMing you and she isn't going to mention that some chick wants your NAME on her?

Jaz----you best keep that on lock down NOW.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Uhm Obie....that girl is a lesbian, so no..im more worried she'll be into me, than about being into him :lol:
You know the show Will & Grace? Well she is Will, and another friend of us, who lives with her is Grace. Seriously :mrgreen:

Nope, still got my hawklike eyes on you. Im watching every move you make....so dont think you can try something.
Almost became a widow today, so im not letting something like a maneating Obie stand in my way of staying married either.

I think Sid was the Edward, he saved his 2 female collegues :)

*sigh* still sewing on feathers. You know, im allergic to feathers, so WHY am i doing this?
40 down, 35 to go....
it looks awesome though.. :mrgreen:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

ok first off I can't win, so Obie, our pseudo-virtual relationship is over!
and secondly
Who knew guys were so into blue eyes?
I knew, but not until I met Sam... bring on the virtual tongue-lashing, Obie, I know I deserve it (I guess?)

Glad you're all right Syd (Nocturnal lure, your name IS Sydney right?.. or maybe Sidney, I never really pay attention to name spelling, sorry). gotta watch out for them vehicular crazies!

Um, that's all I got for now...

I feel really lazy, and therefore will not write anymore...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Tail's all done! finished it at 1 last night :)

I couldnt sleep so im going to make the bolero now (its 8:45 in the morning). In a few hours ill wake hubs to dye my hair. And after that ill finish the bottom of the skirt, and ill be done!.
Just have to found the shirt i wanna wear, because ofcourse...its missing.*argh*

Hope you guys are all doing good, have a great weekend, and ill have pics for you tomorrow/monday. :mrgreen:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

SenorGimp wrote:ok first off I can't win, so Obie, our pseudo-virtual relationship is over!
and secondly
Who knew guys were so into blue eyes?
I knew, but not until I met Sam... bring on the virtual tongue-lashing, Obie, I know I deserve it (I guess?)

Glad you're all right Syd (Nocturnal lure, your name IS Sydney right?.. or maybe Sidney, I never really pay attention to name spelling, sorry). gotta watch out for them vehicular crazies!

Um, that's all I got for now...

I feel really lazy, and therefore will not write anymore...
Sidney, and thanks. Kinda happy myself as well. :D

@ Obie About blue eyes, dunno what the general preference is but I am more into green myself, though I think the shade is more important. I find very light, nearly white eyes the most beautiful. And off course the eyes of Jasmine are stunning, one of the things I fell for when I first saw her. Both of us have shifting eye colour btw. It seems that certain tints and combination of iris coloration give the appearance of shifiting colour under certain circumstances, reflecting light, widening of the pupil and such. Funny eh. Off course gold is the best eye colour.

Just saw Jasmines costume nearly finished, she was trying it on, and I can only say, wow, I am going to look like a silly little man next to that.

Love, Nocturnal Lure

May the moon light our path

BTW Obie, did you get my PM, it was kinda large so I am not sure if it got through, don't let Janny scare you out of replying, I will PM with anyone I bloody well please. 8-)
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

*walks in*

Hi my lexily. Glad you didn't die Nocturnal Lure. That had to be freakin' scary for you.
Me is going to a rodeo tonight with Rob me's boyfriend. I am currently thinking about seriously going to Popeye's and getting some chicken. I really like their chicken but I shouldn't really spend the money. But maybe I will anyway. It depends if I get off of here before I need to get ready for the rodeo. Anywho, have a great Saturday. If I don't see you Sunday then Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good evening and Good night. (in the words of Truman)

'Tis all
Bells.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Aww! Thank you guys! Sidney, Obie, Ninna you really made me smile. Especially your lovely compliments. :D You guys rule! :D

I’ll be ok. I wasn’t crazy about him. However he has the most amazing eyes....and voice....and he smells GREAT! *Sarah snaps out of Irish man fantasy* :oops: Anyways, its all good, honest :)

Btw Obie I don’t think he technically asked me out seeing as I think he got the wrong Sarah. However not good as it means he was asking out some Sarah….argh MEN! (Except our Lexily Twiguys who we love)

What was this convo about eye colour, I missed that. Personally I don’t have a preference for colour but certain eyes I can get lost in. Some eyes that are really deep, and have lots of emotion in them. Do you know what I mean? Eyes are the window to the soul sort of thing. Maybe I’m rambling a bit but I know what I mean ;)

Jasmine – I feel for you and your sewing marathon. Photos on facebook? I bet you look fantabulouso!

Sid – OMG! I’m so glad your ok. And well done for being hero of the hour all Edward-esque and saving the two girls. Very cool. :)

Jasmine and Sid I hope your weekend is wonderful and rain free!

ARRGGH!!! :twisted: Literally in the time of posting this I have come very close to murdering my sibling! I am REALLY stressed about the marathon tommorow. I always am before events, especially when its just me doing them and my sister is the most selfish being on the planet! All I wanted was an early, peaceful night and her and her stupid friends and boyfriend were making huge amounts of noise and disruption in the kitchen, even after my mum had asked them this evening to keep the noise down and leave early. She also ate the food that I was going to use for tommorow for a packed lunch because its going to be a long day and last year I survived 12 hours on one measly ham roll. And my mum cant control her, doesnt discipline her or reprimand her, just lets her get away with blue flaming murder. Then to top it off my mum has phoned my sis to try and get her to come home and at least apologise and it came across that I was flipping out like a crazy person and thats all that was needed to "calm me down". And stupid evil selfish b!tch of a sister cant even walk 5 doors down the road to do that and wanted to call me (under protest, not because she wanted to). Well I refuse to talk to her and she hasnt even called yet.

God I so did not need this the night before a huge event. Sorry for the rant guys. I needed to vent after the tears and screaming and shouting.

I hope your weekends are full of wonderfulness!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

SarahGoddard , relax dear, in the bigger picture it is not important enough. Breath deep, look yourself in the eye ( a mirror helps) and ask yourself if it's worth wasting emotional energy. In the whole scheme of life these are the smaller worries sweety, treat them as such and you'll feel better.

Focus on important things and try to withdraw in your mind shutting out the rest, perhaps you can persuade your mum to force your sister to get you the lunch you need, if not never mind, worrying won't get it back.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Love, Nocturnal Lure

May the moon light your track ;)
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Random post from Rachel time! I haven't been keeping up in there, but from what I skimmed on this page:

Nocturnal Lure: SO very happy you were not killed or injured! And think its pretty bad@ss of you to have saved your coworkers!!!

Jasmine: I am very excited to see the finished product of your hours of labor! Sounds like it is going to be amazing!

Sarah: HUG!

(This is going to be a repeat of somthing I posted on FB... so sorry for those of you stuck reading it twice, but I am really interested in what people think!)

Did you see the "date" with Rob interview on the Lex Blog? http://www.totalfilm.com/features/on-a- ... son/page:2

Q: Stubble. On your face. Riiiight... So can we talk about Twilight sequel New Moon?

A: Edward and Bella’s reunion in New Moon is good. It’s different from the book so I think people will be happy.

What is this crap about the reunion being different?! And why in the world would they think we would like them to change one of the most emotional and highly anticipated scenes in the entire book?!?! I can't help but be really concerned with what they are doing to the story! The first sign of possible trouble is when Stewart mentioned in an interview that there will be more Edward in the movie than was in the book... and now this. I want to stay optimistic, but they are making it hard.....
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Hey everyone, just checking in again, the Countdown 'til my freedom is: 1 more day of classes (1 class + 1 final), 1 study day, 3 days of finals (4 finals) and 1 day of presentations

Jas I can't wait to see your outfit. I bet all your hard work will look amazing.

Sid I'm very glad you are okay. I'm glad your instincts kicked in and you got yourself and co-workers out of harms way

Rachel I saw that quote and it worried me too. I was a lil confused about what Rob meant. Did he mean the reunion was different in the movie, or was he relating Twilight to New Moon. I feel like part of the conversation/comment is missing.
I'm really hoping this movie doesn't get too screwed up. I can deal with various parts being left out, but the changing the reunion would change the mood and tone of the story - which I considered the really important.

I have a bunch of total randomness I would like to share, please feel free to skip:
So Let's talk about...
Creepy campus buildings- went to have a conference w/ a professor today in Bancroft Hall. There were no lights on except for in the Annex where the prof's offices are. Then I sat in the empty, quiet, long hall while she finished another conference. I felt like I was in the Shining. 2nd part: the bottom floor of the library could easily be the scene for a murder/horror film. Its enclose by doors w/ white linoleum floors and white cinderblock walls. Rows of books and completely silent. It always freaks me out and I always end up down there alone. If I disappear start the search by looking there.

My research paper- had above mentioned conference about my research paper. I was to have 4 pages written about my topic (the future the American film industry btw) by 1:30 today. As of Friday at 12:45 I had 0 pages, woke up this morning at 8:15 (which is a sin in my non-morning world) and produced 4 1/2 pages by 12:45pm. I thought she would tear it apart because I didn't feel that great about my writing, but she loved it. I felt very accomplished, but no more procrastinating for me!

Z. Efron- This goes out to you Obie - I can't let you have Zac Efron. For serious, that guy is gorgeous in 17 Again (which I saw tonight and it was hilarious) and we are going to have to have a throwdown for this one. You can have all the others, no contest. But this one I've got to step up for...or, option 2, we can kidnap him, take him away to a place that allows polygamy, have a double wedding (after subtly medicating him to say 'yes' if he isn't smart enough to already know we're the best he could ever get), and set then up a shared custody agreement. I'm flexible, every other day or week.
**[side note: I'm not totally and crazily obessed w/ Z. Efron, but if you saw him in that dark jeans, white t-shirt, and leather jacket outfit you'd want him too. It totally had that Dark Edward vibe if Edward had different facial features than I imagine]

Twilight Board Game - my younger sis and I went to Target before we went to the movie and saw the board game. Only $16.04 after taxes, not bad in my opinion. We just got done playing and I thought it was pretty fun. There is some trivia and some random guessing and dice rolling challenges that aren't related to Twilight. I wasn't as good at the trivia as I'd hope ,haha :lol: , there were some random questions.

Thats it for now. Sorry about the rambling. I've just been really really bored and stressed w/ all this school work and needed to get all my thoughts out.
Whoever read all that is awesome.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily