1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence?
I think she is. The hospital must suffer without Carlisle, but really, Bella is the only one that was ever attached to them. It's natural she'd be the one affected and suffering. For everyone else life would just really go on as normal, because they never had anything to do with the Cullens when they were there.
2) Why is the dream different than before? Did Bella's renewed contact with Jacob's family change her perception of Sam Uley? How so and why?
I think it just set her subconscious into motion, now that there was more going on in her life. Sam is from La Push, where she'd spent most of her time around then, and he was related in the slightest of ways to Jacob, plus he found her in the forest; I think it was her subconscious' way of telling her that she wasn't on her own anymore, that she wasn't as lost. It wasn't much of a comfort, because she never knew Sam, so she never felt comforted in her dream - but all the same, someone else was there.
3) Why would Bella not want to be invisible now, when she wanted to be invisible last year?
Because everything has changed now; now she's used to having some attention, and not having any shows exactly how bad she'd been acting. She didn't want to be reminded of that. And the idea that nothing changed would bug her, too; no one else was affected by the Cullens leaving, and she was. It changed everything for her. She wouldn't want to think that nothing had changed, because her being invisible would be another push in the direction that the last year was a figament of her imagination.
4) How is Charlie affected by this new Bella? Does he perceive how much of it is Jacob's doing?
He's ecstatic, for the main part, that she's out of her state - but nervous. Waiting for the return of ZombieBella. I don't think it occurs to him at first how great an impact Jake is having on her; but he's a smart guy, it doesn't take him long to catch on.
5) This is the second mention of the monstrous black bear. Did you realize at this point that there was more to it than that? What did you think was going on? Did you think it would turn into what it did?
I realised before now that there was more to it that a coincidental mention. I had a feeling all along it was wolves. I didn't see it turning into what it was, though - I had no idea that Laurent was around and that's why the wolves were patrolling everywhere.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head. "You truly are one frightening little monster."' ~APPC~