Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
~*~Emily~*~
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by ~*~Emily~*~ »

So I just posted about my thoughts on "scary Edward" on the Worried about New Moon thread,but I'll repeat some of it here.

When I heard about it I was thinking,OH NO,I'm SO not liking the sound of this! why are they making him scary? I'm fine with the "Illusion" that he apprears..but for him to be scary? I never got that from the book.At all.I'm really REALLY anxious about it.More then anything else.I'm trying to be calm about it,but I'm kind of freaking out.

I agree with all the posts above me.I really can't say anything more then you guys have.

I.Want.The.Trailer....Now.I have to see what this will look like.
<><
~TEAM EDWARD~
Team Cullen-Giving the word Vampire a whole new meaning
ImageImage
AnnetteandEdward
Wandering Through Town

Post by AnnetteandEdward »

Edward is scary when he needs to be but not with Bella.

I hope it means a stern commanding voice that Bella is hearing.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

AnnetteandEdward~ Rob's comments in the ET interview were that there is a dream that will probably seriosuly disturb a lot of people and that Edward is "demonic and scary". Kristen said Edward gets "scary and dark". I am reading into it, obviously. But, those comments lead me a lot darker that a firm commanding voice in the delusions. I am really struggling to maintain my calm.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

First, I would like to say that the entire ET on the set of NM thing gave me convulsions. *snippet of interview* commercial commercial commercial crap about Charlie Sheen commercial *snippet of interview* I'm still twitching; I can barely speak of it.

Second, the "secrets" were, in fact, stupid. I guess the motorcycle thing could have been a secret if you didn't read the book yet. But, um, hello we all already know KStew & Rpatz are not together.

Finally -- I'm not sure about the allegedly new reunion scene nor the Darkward who is apparently going to make an appearance. Scaryward, if you will. I get that they need to show images of him as film is such a visual medium but as stated so eloquently by many others before me -- he's supposed to be reassuring & soothing to Bella.

Playing CW's advocate here a bit -- maybe it's to play up the "delusional Bella"? Catatonic Bella?

But even if he is a little scary it better be freaking crystal clear that the Bella's Headward is what motivates all the risk-taking. Otherwise, there's almost no point to the frakking film.

Image Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

am i the only one excited about the demonward?

I think it's gunna be great. Cause Bellas dreams are supposed to be scary? Theres the ones where shes searching for nothing, which frighten her, but the other ones involving Jacob/Edward are scarier? So scary that she wakes up screaming.

And also, Edward occasionally hissed and sounded angry when Bella heard his voice. Because Bella hadn't heard his voice in months, so even if Edward was sounding bitter and evil, bella would still be like "ohmgz edward ur voice is bootiful, talk agen" - shes blocking out true tone of his voice, and twisting it into a sound she likes hearing, or wants to hear. And being delusional won't help either.

Edward is probably very dark in this book, but we never see the full extent of it, because Bella would think Edwards voice is lovely no matter what the tone is. And I expect he is very dark looking in her dreams too.

I think it's exciting. Rob can definitely pull it off.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

akire wrote:Finally -- I'm not sure about the allegedly new reunion scene nor the Darkward who is apparently going to make an appearance. Scaryward, if you will. I get that they need to show images of him as film is such a visual medium but as stated so eloquently by many others before me -- he's supposed to be reassuring & soothing to Bella.

But even if he is a little scary it better be freaking crystal clear that the Bella's Headward is what motivates all the risk-taking. Otherwise, there's almost no point to the frakking film.

:lol: your Edward nicknames crack me up.
Priceless.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Jadey wrote:am i the only one excited about the demonward?

I think it's gunna be great. Cause Bellas dreams are supposed to be scary? Theres the ones where shes searching for nothing, which frighten her, but the other ones involving Jacob/Edward are scarier? So scary that she wakes up screaming.

And also, Edward occasionally hissed and sounded angry when Bella heard his voice. Because Bella hadn't heard his voice in months, so even if Edward was sounding bitter and evil, bella would still be like "ohmgz edward ur voice is bootiful, talk agen" - shes blocking out true tone of his voice, and twisting it into a sound she likes hearing, or wants to hear. And being delusional won't help either.

Edward is probably very dark in this book, but we never see the full extent of it, because Bella would think Edwards voice is lovely no matter what the tone is. And I expect he is very dark looking in her dreams too.

I think it's exciting. Rob can definitely pull it off.
I'm intrigued at the scary Edward idea -- and it makes sense that he'd be depicted that way. He was frickin' GROWLING at Bella to stop doing her stupid stunts. I for one would like to see Rob growl -- it'd be pretty shmexy if you ask me. ;)
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

This movie will be a hotness fest.

Evil Edward and half naked boys :)

+the dude playing demetri = *dribble*
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

In New Moon, didn't Bella have some kind of freaky dream with both Edward and Jacob? I think Edward "looked" scarier than usual, more like the nomads in Twilight appeared. Wasn't Bella worried that Jacob and Edward were going to fight or attack one another? Sorry if this recollection is way off base; I don't have my book with me at the moment to check.

Anyway, might this be the frightening dream and the "scary, demonic" side of Edward that both Rob and Kristen referred to in these recent interviews? If that's not the case, then I'm pretty concerned about how they're planning on characterizing Edward in New Moon. I don't remember "New Moon" Edward as dark and scary, and Bella certainly wasn't frightened by his voice, as so many of you have already stated.

Sometimes I wish the media wouldn't air or publish all these cast interviews so early in the filming process. Hopefully we're all freaking out for no reason. And of course...it's not like I'm not going to watch or read these interviews. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

^^I have considered not watching interviews. But I want too, and anyway, I will read all about it here...
akire wrote: Finally -- I'm not sure about the allegedly new reunion scene nor the Darkward who is apparently going to make an appearance. Scaryward, if you will. I get that they need to show images of him as film is such a visual medium but as stated so eloquently by many others before me -- he's supposed to be reassuring & soothing to Bella.

Playing CW's advocate here a bit -- maybe it's to play up the "delusional Bella"? Catatonic Bella?

I am seriously finding it a bit hard to breathe over here...Worried, worried, worried...
Her dreams were scary. But she was never scared of Edward. Not ever. If they want to show a dream where he's a bit more scary than his perfect self, okay..But just not make that the tone of the movie. It is not supposed to be a dark movie.
His voice is what she's struggling to hear. She is dead afraid of forgetting the sound of it, and so she goes to extremes. You are so right, it is supposed to be soothing. She wants it.
Jadey wrote:

His voice does sound angry, but not scary. That was they way his voiced sounded when he was concerned for her. The way her subconsciousness had it stored. She loved hearing it, it made her feel alive in some way and helped her hang on to him.

I don't like this at all...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~