Ashley Greene as Alice

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby Dazzled_by.....JAMES » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Firstly I would like to say that I thought that they did her hair completely wrong! Her hair is supposed to be black and it should flick out and not down. It should look like like Dr. Bailey's in Grays Anatomy! Like I mean seriuosly how wrong did they get her hair! And I don't think Ashley was happy enough! Alice is supposed to be happy all the time and Ashley doesn't portray that very well! I think she is a good actress but not right for Alice!
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" - Edward Cullen

"Do I dazzle you" - Edward Cullen

"You're my life now. You're the only thing it would hurt to lose" - Edward Cullen
Dazzled_by.....JAMES
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:57 am

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby G-Faerie08 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Dazzled_by.....JAMES wrote:Firstly I would like to say that I thought that they did her hair completely wrong! Her hair is supposed to be black and it should flick out and not down. It should look like like Dr. Bailey's in Grays Anatomy! Like I mean seriuosly how wrong did they get her hair! And I don't think Ashley was happy enough! Alice is supposed to be happy all the time and Ashley doesn't portray that very well! I think she is a good actress but not right for Alice!


THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Finally someone who isn't point a pitchfork at me and actually shares my view on Ashley and her portrayal of Alice!! I can't say that Ashley is a good actress because I haven't seen anything else with her in it, but I do agree with you wholeheartedly about the whole Alice deal.
Image
User avatar
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:44 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:44 am

Ashley Green will be a good actress in time. I think she did a good job as Alice. Her wig was Ok but that's not her fault. Also her lines in Twilight was well almost non-existant; again not her fault. An actress is only as good as the screen play and Twilight screen play was poor. How much more could they have done with 10 minutes more film and a director that just seemed to not get what the books are about. Hardwick is far from a skilled director. :roll: if you compare her to directors like Rigley Scott, she falls far short.

Summit also needs to get some better screem play writters. :evil:

So Ashley, keep working hard at it. I have high hopes for you in NM... 8-)
Image

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 am

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby pennybug84 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Dazzled_by.....JAMES wrote:Firstly I would like to say that I thought that they did her hair completely wrong! Her hair is supposed to be black and it should flick out and not down. It should look like like Dr. Bailey's in Grays Anatomy! Like I mean seriuosly how wrong did they get her hair! And I don't think Ashley was happy enough! Alice is supposed to be happy all the time and Ashley doesn't portray that very well! I think she is a good actress but not right for Alice!



I liked her for Alice, the short time she was onscreen. Her wig was okay, but not really her fault. And I agree Alice needs to be MUCH HAPPIER and VERY SPUNKY. Like when Bella goes to the Cullen house she wasn't as excited as in the book. But then again that wasn't entirely her fault. It could have been the screenplay or the director. I'm excited to see how she does in NM and how they show when Alice shows up out of the blue and all that happens from there on. If they do it right, which they better, I think we'll see a great Ashley as Alice.
Image
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
User avatar
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor
 
Posts: 4087
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: hoping 2012 is better than 2011 was

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby mizzou » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

you will see ashley's character development of alice during new moon and as the saga progresses. obviously a handful of scenes is not enough to make your character seem as real as say bella or edward who were present the entire movie.
Image
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
Image
User avatar
mizzou
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby sarah! » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:55 pm

mizzou wrote:you will see ashley's character development of alice during new moon and as the saga progresses. obviously a handful of scenes is not enough to make your character seem as real as say bella or edward who were present the entire movie.


True that!

Unlike some of you, I thought Ashley was wonderful :)
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
User avatar
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
 
Posts: 9447
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:28 am

Ashley will be able to be the bubbly Alice we love from the books. I can't wait to see her in NM. More I can't wait to see her in Breaking Dawn.

Best lines form Alice. "Go upstairs to your happy place Bella." and who could not just see her bouncing when Bella came to tell her she could do the Wedding... I personal can't wait to see her in the red leather pants at the graduation party...yummy just can't put it into words for me... :shock:
Image

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 am

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby pennybug84 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:51 pm

sarah! wrote:
mizzou wrote:you will see ashley's character development of alice during new moon and as the saga progresses. obviously a handful of scenes is not enough to make your character seem as real as say bella or edward who were present the entire movie.


True that!

Unlike some of you, I thought Ashley was wonderful :)



I guess it's not that I didn't like Ashley as Alice (I thought she was good) it's that I really miss the scene in the book when she comes bouncing down the stairs & almost runs Bella over & kisses her cheek. (it shows the spunky & happy Alice I've come to love.) Alice is my favorite secondary character & so I'm really looking forward to seeing her being more in the story & developed through the rest of the movies.
Image
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
User avatar
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor
 
Posts: 4087
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: hoping 2012 is better than 2011 was

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby Rexin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Man, I thought Ashley was perfect for the role. What she portrayed on screen was exactly what I thought Alice to be.

Well...maybe not exactly because I think I imagned her a bit more cooky. Or dark...something. But still Ashley has my admiration =D
Image
My mind has changed
My body's framed,
But God I like it
My heart's aflame
My heart is strained
But God I like it
User avatar
Rexin
Buying a Better Raincoat
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:30 am
Location: Texas

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Postby sarah! » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:17 am

pennybug84 wrote:
sarah! wrote:
mizzou wrote:you will see ashley's character development of alice during new moon and as the saga progresses. obviously a handful of scenes is not enough to make your character seem as real as say bella or edward who were present the entire movie.


True that!

Unlike some of you, I thought Ashley was wonderful :)



I guess it's not that I didn't like Ashley as Alice (I thought she was good) it's that I really miss the scene in the book when she comes bouncing down the stairs & almost runs Bella over & kisses her cheek. (it shows the spunky & happy Alice I've come to love.) Alice is my favorite secondary character & so I'm really looking forward to seeing her being more in the story & developed through the rest of the movies.


I agree!
Can't wait to see more of her in NM.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
User avatar
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
 
Posts: 9447
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:03 pm
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

PreviousNext

Return to The Cast List

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron