Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by The Dark Knight »

Dovrebanen wrote:Dovrebanen
Dovrebanen wrote:two of them were so sweet in the meadow. Edward listening to her heart and just holding her in his arms. A true love relationship being formed. And everything they told each other in the meadow. The completely honesty they had was crucial for the path of their relationship. And I missed it in the movie.

I agree with you about the kissing. I loved the one at the bottom of the stairs. She actually passed out. That is saying something about what she felt for the guy. What did he say..Something like: The first time I kiss you, you attack me. And now you pass out on me. (paraphrasing). It would have been good in the movie. And it would have been time for a kiss or two more.
There are so many precious moments that where lost like tears in rain. CH simple failed me in the most central of themes of the book, The Love Story. The vamps stuff is a back ground not the story. It's like Ch doesn't have a classical background in the literature that SM was quoting throughout the series. Failing that really hurt the film.

Can you imagine a few more development scenes with B&E toward the love story? How much more that would have added to the film. Dovrebanen you got it right about how cute it would have been to add the kissing scene at the bottom of the stairs. Too bad…
;)

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

The Dark Knight wrote: There are so many precious moments that where lost like tears in rain.
Such an excellent way of putting it. That's exactly how it was.
I was just reading the chapter Confessions on the bus on my way home from work. And the things they could have made from that chapter..It could have been almost a movie by itself. It annoys me to no end. What I noticed especially this time was how much of a relief it was to Edward that Bella knew. He was a bit moody and down at times, but he was also laughing and excited. And he felt almost human. A whole new Edward. And the Mind over matter chapter as well. I just can't let this bug me anymore. I have to enjoy the parts that were ok, and look forward to NM.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Soul&Romance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Soul&Romance »

I think the biggest inconsistency was that in the movie Bella moves to Forks in March and in the book she moves to Forks in January. Really, was it that hard to make her say "It's January, middle of the school year" or something. March was when she ended up in the hospital. It just annoys me to no end because to me that just screws absolutely everything up lol

And I didn't think we needed so much introduction to James, Laurent and Victoria. All of the little "nomads killing people" was unnecessary and I think they should have used that time to get more edward and bella. Or even bella and the cullens in general.

also the prom scene. that "dress" was hideous with the leggings and the little sweater. they were supposed to take the vanquish, not the volvo. *sigh*

i dislike the way MR wrote it and I was hoping they'd sign someone else on for NM...but oh well. maybe she realized she did horrible and fixed new moon. hopefully...

You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing.
For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Soul&Romance wrote:I think the biggest inconsistency was that in the movie Bella moves to Forks in March and in the book she moves to Forks in January. Really, was it that hard to make her say "It's January, middle of the school year" or something. March was when she ended up in the hospital. It just annoys me to no end because to me that just screws absolutely everything up lol
Omg yes!!! that annoyed the HELL outta me.
Im like.. "march...... WHAT THE F***"
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Soul&Romance wrote:I think the biggest inconsistency was that in the movie Bella moves to Forks in March and in the book she moves to Forks in January. Really, was it that hard to make her say "It's January, middle of the school year" or something. March was when she ended up in the hospital. It just annoys me to no end because to me that just screws absolutely everything up lol

And I didn't think we needed so much introduction to James, Laurent and Victoria. All of the little "nomads killing people" was unnecessary and I think they should have used that time to get more edward and bella. Or even bella and the cullens in general.
I hated the killing vampires. It should be like in the book. That Alice saw them coming, and not to see some killing spree in Forks. And who's Waylon, anyway?

The date totally messes up the timeline. She was supposed to meet Edward in January, and the he leaves her in September. Now they will have been together 3 months less when he leaves, if they don't decide to change the date of Bella's birthday as well...Which I don't doubt that they could.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Dovrebanen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote: There are so many precious moments that where lost like tears in rain.
Such an excellent way of putting it. That's exactly how it was.
I was just reading the chapter Confessions on the bus on my way home from work. And the things they could have made from that chapter..It could have been almost a movie by itself. It annoys me to no end. What I noticed especially this time was how much of a relief it was to Edward that Bella knew. He was a bit moody and down at times, but he was also laughing and excited. And he felt almost human. A whole new Edward. And the Mind over matter chapter as well. I just can't let this bug me anymore. I have to enjoy the parts that were ok, and look forward to NM.
"There are so many precious moments that where lost like tears in rain," is a revamped version of the quote from Blade Runner. It has been one of those quotes that has lived with me for many years. Here's the whole quote:

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments shall be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."

Rouger Howard was excellent in that roll as was Harrison Ford.

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

The problem with the time was- how do you convey that that much time has passed? It's easy on a book- words on a page.

In a movie however, where you can see and hear everything... not so much. They would have had to extend the movie quite a bit to do it.

Sure, they could have done some kind of montage, but it could also fail. Like the ones of Edward and Bella talking in different places. It didn't scream "over time" to me.
noelia_cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by noelia_cullen »

also the prom scene. that "dress" was hideous with the leggings and the little sweater. they were supposed to take the vanquish, not the volvo. *sigh*

i dislike the way MR wrote it and I was hoping they'd sign someone else on for NM...but oh well. maybe she realized she did horrible and fixed new moon. hopefully...

I know!! that timelime thing it s totally confusing, it wasn't so hard to stick to the timeline in the book was it?? she really messed it up there, plus I totally agree with you about that dress, with was so cheesy, and the leggins, even d converse for God SAKE! she was supposed to use a stilettto, not converse!!!, they did way too much xperimenting with twilight, those things were too simple to be changed, they could have left them just the way they were!!!
Team Edward: Because sparkling it's way cooler!
(Sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my home language)
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

noelia_cullen wrote:I know!! that timelime thing it s totally confusing, it wasn't so hard to stick to the timeline in the book was it?? she really messed it up there, plus I totally agree with you about that dress, with was so cheesy, and the leggins, even d converse for God SAKE! she was supposed to use a stilettto, not converse!!!, they did way too much xperimenting with twilight, those things were too simple to be changed, they could have left them just the way they were!!!
HHUMMMM!!! Stiletto, say no more...I think Edwards response put it best...CH blew that one... :lol:

di0772
Settled in Forks

Post by di0772 »

OMG, where do I start!

Don't get me wrong I like the movie for what it was - a Hollywood style chick flick but it didn't have enough substance.

The storyline was lost and the intensity left me feeling empty. Too much of the book was left out.

Did anyone notice the most important lines from the book were said in the wrong locations? Like Bella telling Edward he's a Vampire in the forest instead of having the conversation in the car. Oh hang on they left that scene or several car scenes out altogether. When they did put the lines in the timing was out, it really didn't follow the time line in the book. Bella arrives in January and they say she hasn't been there for years, it was only when she turned 14 and then Charlie went to California to have xmas with her.

It was the lack of attention to details that really peeved my off. Bella leaving Phoenix in a grey long sleeve shirt and black vest but in the book it was a white lace shirt. There was no rocking chair in Bellas room. Edwards car was meant to stand out but it look like a normal car. Edwards leather sofa should have been black. The stupid graduation hats on the wall. Bella wearing a jogger to the prom. I could keep going on and on and on but I don't think we have time. :lol:

Then there were the special moments from the book that we done sooo wrong. The Prom, they dance inside and Jacob cuts in. The Meadow where Edward desensitizes himself - gone. The first run - before they get to the meadow - hello it should have been after. Bella fainting. Bella having lunch with Edward. The car ride back from Port Angeles.

The scenes they messed up - Jacobs tribal legend saying it was another tribe instead of the cold ones and vampire. The Meadow. The fight at the end James bites Bella before Edward attacks. Meeting the Cullens - what were they thinking - cooking italian!!. Billy dropping off Bellas truck and Bella remembering Jacob cause they made mud pies. Edwards bedroom scene, need I go on. The hospital scene where Edward is with her when she wakes up, not her mum.

And finally the scenes that shouldn't have been there at all. The spider monkey scene is the scene I hate most about the movie. Eating at the diner. Bella leaving school and walking into the forest to tell Edwards he's a vampire. Bella cleaning her car and Edward jumping on the roof. Sitting in the rain by the river learning about how to change into a vampire. The others on the their killing spree.

I guess Catherine and Melissa didn't care for the detail or storyline. I have actually written a script and think it should be remade the way Stephenie wrote it, a love story.