Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Hey everybody!
I just wanted to share on this group about a very amazing weekend I had.

I spend it in the city (country) of my love --> London. Together with Malu. Yup, a very own weekend between 2 lexilies.

It was absolutly amazing. Altough I got my typical luck (swallowed bank-card, things wrong with our reservation).

We spend a bit of time screaming over Twilight being in HMV where Malu bought her Twilight dvd AND found a cover with Edward. So I got a bit jealous about that, since I didn't got the strenght to wait till london and I got the normal cover.
But we did bought a Twilight t-shirt. After pondering for half an hour wether to buy the Twilight or Team Edward one. (The Team Jacob one was very easily putt aside).

But mostly we just talked about everything and nothing and really got to know each other better and see London!

So, yeah.

I'm just sad to be back, else then that I'm feeling great!
Just thought i had the share about this meeting that obviously wouldn't happened without the lex! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about the Car Accidents! Hope everybody is fine, and the damage ain't that bad.
I had a big car accident some years ago and so know about the things it does with your head for quit some time.

I'm feeling sick and I'm totally dreading the day cause i have to give training and i'm not sure if I can deal with that today.
Hope i don't get sick.

have a nice day everybody!
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

tsssk tssk, only a few posts are new, you should al be ashamed of yourselves! We are the lexily, not the facebooky :evil:

Im going to spend some time trying to find more pics of us online. NUthing new here, except it will be queensnight tomorrow night, and queensday on thrusday, thats always a lot of fun :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Lies!! That's so great! Could you post a picture of you and Malu? She hasn't been visiting the lex too. Wow! really can't believe that another lexling got to see each other after Sami and Rach. I'm so happy for both of you.

and oh Syd, I hope you're doing great after the almost-accident you had there. It was really scary. I hope Jasmine didn't freak out or something. and yeah Cody too! oh my! hope he's fine too and hope Samantha could update us what's now happening with him.

People, take a loadz of care always!
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

ihadanEdwardRush wrote:
and oh Syd, I hope you're doing great after the almost-accident you had there. It was really scary. I hope Jasmine didn't freak out or something.
I don't believe Jasmine knew how close it was untill she saw the pictures yesterday. But Jasmine is not the freaking out kinda gall.

Today is turning out to be one of the most boring days at work in weeks. I have as good as nothing to do and little to keep me entertained. A third of my colleagues is having time off and due to weather and vacations business is extremely slow.
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

*..........into the lovely comfy bean bags and cushions of the Lex* There now isnt that better?

(btw - that will make perfect sense to anyone in the facebook group!)

Jeez it really is quiet isnt it? Helloooooooooooooooo *echo*

Yep I saw the photos on Facebook Sid. I'm so unbelivably jealous and have made it my mission to go the the fantasy fair at least once in my life.

Misty! I missed you! Sorry to hear its not been easy with "the girls" :)

I didnt see the Team Edward t-shirt in my HMV Lies *sulks* although I'd be there dithering for ages between that one and Team Jacob....Glad you had a wonderful time in one of the coolest cities in the world!

Whats new with me? Nothing much at all to be honest.

Right we need to start some games or discussions or something to get this Lex flying! hmmm ok I have a question...

Girls: "Which character would you rather be - Sarah from the Labyrinth or Buttercup from the Princess Bride?"
Boys: "Of the above characters who would you rather have as your love?"

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Janny~I love the art of this girl Marjolein Gulinski...(fairy art) and she also makes her costumes to go to the EFF in the Netherlands. I think it's the same one??? She went as Amy Adams in Enchanted this year. I would love to go one year too. We have a big ren faire near me, but I hardly ever go cause hubs isnt into it. But my friend who lives in Minnesota travels to different faires and dresses up. I always thought it'd be loads of fun. Especially a fairy themed one because you can make really creative costumes.

Hmmm...I would def want to be Buttercup! I love the movie...love her costumes...especially her, almost married wedding dress, it's the prettiest blue I've ever seen! I love wesley, yeah...so I'd def. be Buttercup!

Hi SARAH AND HONEY!!
HarriannCullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by HarriannCullen »

Hey there fellow Gen-Y's, how are you all?

I really should be cleaning my house, but I am compelled to sit and read, not good :lol:

Hope you are all well
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@mrk, she went as giselle last yr, think i saw her at castlefest if she went there aswell. This yr she made an aurora outfit, which was awesome aswell. And yes its the same fair.
It has become the biggest fantasy fair in europe! I heard that on the radio yesterday, it had 26000 visitors last weekend in only 2 days. I had no idea it were SO many ppl.

fairs are getting a big trend in the netherlands, we now also have a EFF in autumn in a diff area(havent been there yet), and we have castlefest in august(3 days, and even an evening with a bonfire and such), keltfest(havent been there), and diff gothic&fantasy fairs throughout the yr. We even had a lill one 1,5 yrs ago in the big church here in Alkmaar(it travels from city to city every yr). they ust have a great atmosphere, not just for ppl who want to dress up, but also for ppl who just enjoy fantasystuff or buying it. Theres always great music, entertainers, acts, you have to experience it to understand it.

My mom went for the first time, finally, this yr, and she cant stop talking about it. She is a bit overwhelmed, but she thought it was just amazing. She even bought a lill necklace with an Elf hanging on it :)
I can definately recommend it to anyone, even if youre not really into all that stuff, its ust a lot of fun to watch ppl walk around. We have brought new ppl there every time and they all had a great time. And, well, they ust have awesome stuff you want to buy, hahahahaha.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Ugh trying to go meet up with Megs (dazzled) in Chicago for HP in July and hubby is being a paranoid freak...like shell drug me or something!
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Hello my cricket group!

Janny has been harping about the lack of people posting, and dude---it's true! I was out for a couple of days and today I'm working (er, eating) from home, so I thought I'd drop by and see what was shakin'.

So even though this post is just me rambling, it counts, right?

So sorry to hear about the almost accidents that have occurred, but glad no one has been injured.

I'm in a serious funk as of late. Have no clue why, and even after a "no communication other than Holls" weekend, I'm still there. And then today I made the awful mistake of watching a Nicholas Spark's movie (let's no go into what I think of Nic, shall we) called Nights of Rodanthe because James Franco was in it (for two seconds ugh) and that thing depressed me EVEN more. Note to self: no chick flicks when in a stooper.

So, as we speak I have a VAT of chunky peanut butter JIF (because I'm a choosy mom, duh) and a handful of celery and I am willing myself to believe that I'm getting skinny because of the celery----even though I am totally inhaling the peanut butter. I really want some of those nutter butter things right now. Or some Nutella (should out to Honeythestripper) because that chick from England at work gave me some last week and it's like the freakiest crap ever---it's like if peanut butter got together with some weird chocolate but had second thoughts the day after, had a cup of coffee to think about the relationship and then broke it off by hooking up with a hippy who dabbles in molasses. It's just weird. I have no clue if I like the crap. I can't tell. I just know I want more of it. I imagine this is what Ed feel like at the beginning of Twilight lmao. Yes, I just related bloodlust and Nutella. Deal with it.

I watched Wanted on Saturday and that movie was OFF THE HOOK or in whitespeak, very very good. I liked Angelina, although hubs doesn't, I'd totally hit that if I was into that. See, hubs and I see differently on chicks---he likes the "fugly" ones (I am NOT included on that list--don't go there) and I don't get him at all. He thinks Ann Hathaway looks like a horse. He thinks Angelina Jolie looks like plastic. But the chick who played Lois Lane in the old Superman movie (the one with the voice of a two pack a day chick)---now he thinks she is hot. And he thinks Catherine Tate is super hot. But ask him about Halle Berry and he starts talking about how "unoriginal" she looks. He has a thing for chicks with something weird about them. (that's me). It drives me nuts. We can be watching a movie and I'll see some chick that needs to pluck and tweeze and change that outfit and he's like a dog in heat. But I turn on something with Jennifer Lopez or Kate Hudson and he starts raggin on them saying how gross they look. But, he thinks all men are ugly. He HATES Rob btw. Has a thing about foreheads and he says Rob could easily rent his out for billboard space. He says Jasper looks like a chick and the only one halfway decent is CHARLIE as Emmett looks like a gorilla that you shouldn't feed. He won't even comment on Carlisle. He just says "Is that dude from FastLane on Fox?" Freak. He does love Alice. Hates Bella's mouth. (how do you hate her mouth? WTF?) and Rosalie is blond, and he doesn't dig her at all. He, however, is in love with Victoria---has a ginger fetish. Thinks Laurent is Don Cheadle. Nice. Where was I? Oh, Wanted---loved it...James Mcmypantiesoff is so hot. His eyes---geez. I got to have that. Plus you get to hear Morgan Freeman drop an MF bomb, so that right there is so worth it.

Another movie recommendation? Pan's Labrinyth. I know it's been out forever, but it's such a good movie!

Ok...I know this sounds stupid, but why does there need to be a new director for every movie coming out of the Twi saga? Why can't we wait and see how New Moon does before we hire another director? I'm actually not complaining---the dude they got for Eclipse made that cool flick 30 days of Night with Josh Hartnett, so he's at least got some vamp experience. But I'm just not getting it.

Off to hunt for lunch!

Obie
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.