Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I didn't like it

Post by rjupiter »

Kachiti wrote:
rjupiter,

You fit in with the rest of us. Unlike you I read the books first. Thirty minutes into the movie, I so wanted to turn it off. I kept starring at watch, basically for the nightmare that was this movie to end. I hate to say it but Roswell (maybe not the last season) was way better then this movie. Though making the book into a tv show does perk my interest. However, unlike most I won't be insulting my intelligence by watching that dribble again. Though if New Moon works out maybe they can savage Twilight by doing Midnight Sun.

Why the idea of a TV show perks my interest is that I think you can see the books fully played out the way people would like. You can actually get the development of the characters and relationship because there is time to do that in TV. one book could equal one season, for example as they do with the True Blood series. Also there have been many movies made into TV series that were far better and critically acclaimed, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and M.A.S.H spring to mind. For me its more about getting what was in the book on screen and seeing the relationship, for that I would happily watch/get TV again.

Also in case you (or anyone) was wondering the idea of books to TV show/series is not new. A few examples -

Bones- Based on the Temperance Brennan books by real life forensic anthropologist, Kathy Reichs.

True Blood- Based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries books by Charlaine Harris

Dexter- Based on the novels by Jeff Lindsay.

Legend of The Seeker- based on The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

Gossip Girl— Based on the Cecily von Ziegesar series of the same name.

Boardwalk Empire (2009)- Upcoming HBO project helmed by none other than Martin Scorsese; based on the Nelson Johnson book, “Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City”

The Unit- based on the book Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney.

Older shows:

Women's Murder Club: based on the James Patterson series of the same name.

Roswell- Based on the series, Roswell Hi

just to name a few.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

rjupiter wrote: Why the idea of a TV show perks my interest is that I think you can see the books fully played out the way people would like. You can actually get the development of the characters and relationship because there is time to do that in TV. one book could equal one season, for example as they do with the True Blood series. Also there have been many movies made into TV series that were far better and critically acclaimed, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and M.A.S.H spring to mind. For me its more about getting what was in the book on screen and seeing the relationship, for that I would happily watch/get TV again.

Also in case you (or anyone) was wondering the idea of books to TV show/series is not new. A few examples -

Bones- Based on the Temperance Brennan books by real life forensic anthropologist, Kathy Reichs.

True Blood- Based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries books by Charlaine Harris

Dexter- Based on the novels by Jeff Lindsay.

Legend of The Seeker- based on The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

Gossip Girl— Based on the Cecily von Ziegesar series of the same name.

Boardwalk Empire (2009)- Upcoming HBO project helmed by none other than Martin Scorsese; based on the Nelson Johnson book, “Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City”

The Unit- based on the book Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney.

Older shows:

Women's Murder Club: based on the James Patterson series of the same name.

Roswell- Based on the series, Roswell Hi

just to name a few.
Out of all of those, Roswell is the one I've seen. I agree tv does have an advantage when it comes to character development/relationships over time. However, a well written and produced movie can do the same thing even with a small budget.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Kachiti wrote:
Out of all of those, Roswell is the one I've seen. I agree tv does have an advantage when it comes to character development/relationships over time. However, a well written and produced movie can do the same thing even with a small budget.
yeah, kind of my point. they made the movie and it did none of those.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

the only good thing about the movie was the actors.
i <3 them all
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

So, I finally got my dvd yesterday. And watched it. I still don't like it the way I should. But I knew what to expect, so I was somewhat able to take it for what it was and enjoy the scenes that were ok.
The meadow: butchered and destroyed. Or should I say; What meadow??? Running around in trees..Insane...Hated the sparkling.
I liked the dancing at prom. Sweet when he lifted her on his feet and danced with her. Baseball was ok, and the fight. Overall, I don't like it. But I think I will watch it several times anyway since it's twilight. It's just crazy. I also think it will grow on me with several viewings. It already has after seeing it yesterday.

But I saw that deleted scenes..And they had one with Bella allowing Edward to bite down on her finger, and the she licked it afterwards. I don't think he actually bit through, but still. That would never happened in the book. Edward could have easily broken her skin, and he would never risk it. I just sighed when I saw that, and was glad it wasn't in the movie.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

Ive watched the dvd 10+ times now. (yes, im sad)
And I gotta say that the good scenes seem to get better, and the bad parts get worse :lol:

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I know...I have the urge to see it again tonight, and I saw it like 9 pm yesterday... Since I have only seen it twice in total, I feel like I've earned it :lol:
I agree. The parts I remembered as good were better than I remembered. And the bad, was actually worse. The meadow was so bad I can't even say it. The running looked kinda fake, almost like flying. I wanted more kissing, and more I love you and similar quotes. I still find the story to be way to rushed. How can you go from just getting together, and then almost jump straight to "I dream of being with you forever"? It doesn't make sense.

Anyway..I just got a look at the waitress's hair again. So many of you mentioned it, and I just couldn't remember it. It was dreadful. It looked like some sort of nest on the top of her head or something. And she did not look like she belonged in this decade.
I have to say..Rob looked way better than I remembered. Really good actually :D The first time I wasn't too thrilled with him. Since I had this image of Edward in my head that no one could live up to. But, he's a very good Edward, really.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

"zomg that gurl smellz good"
"hi"
"hello"

*puts hand infront of van*
"how did ju do dat"
"adrenaline, google it"
"kay"

"Bella we shudnt b frendz"

..and it's like.. I wasn't even aware that they were friends.
Everything happens way to fast.
And Catherines like "yeaaa wooo robert pattinsons sooo sexyy wooo i do druggss yeaaaaaaaaaa"
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Jadey wrote:
And Catherines like "yeaaa wooo robert pattinsons sooo sexyy wooo i do druggss yeaaaaaaaaaa"
This movie alone should earn the police a warrant to sweep her house.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jadey wrote:"zomg that gurl smellz good"
"hi"
"hello"

*puts hand infront of van*
"how did ju do dat"
"adrenaline, google it"
"kay"

"Bella we shudnt b frendz"

..and it's like.. I wasn't even aware that they were friends.
Everything happens way to fast.
I am currently laughing my wazoo off!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You nailed that choppy dialogue perfectly! I mean they were talking about one thing one second and then the next thing they were in another discussion that had NO relation to anything that had to do with anything.

Has anyone here watched Gilmore Girls? If so, there is an episode in which a character(town nerd) named Curt who made a homemade, black and white film. It was about meeting his girlfriend's parents. Their acting and dialogue was so stilted and terrible it was hysterical. Twilight reminded me of that episode.

Bella: "You have to give me some details here".
Edward: "I feel so protective of you."
Bella: "I love you."
Edward: "Say it!"
Bella: "Umm..I would rather die than live without you" *insert dramatic music*

You get the point. IT WAS THAT BAD!!! :lol:

Dialogue ALL over the place and no where to go. I can only laugh now.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict