Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by Jazz Girl »

Is anyone else at all concerned about the fact that we stillhaven't heard word one from SM about the Eclipse director? When CW was initially announced as the NM director, we had reassurances from Stephenie almost immediately letting us know that she approved, she was really confident about what he would do with NM, and that he had in fact directed one of her favorite movies. This whole silence from Stephenie just doesn't sit well with me.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Jazz Girl wrote:Is anyone else at all concerned about the fact that we stillhaven't heard word one from SM about the Eclipse director? When CW was initially announced as the NM director, we had reassurances from Stephenie almost immediately letting us know that she approved, she was really confident about what he would do with NM, and that he had in fact directed one of her favorite movies. This whole silence from Stephenie just doesn't sit well with me.
i wouldnt get too worried just yet.
when CW was announced, they were like weeks away from the start of filming New Moon. its still a bit of ways away for eclips..
Also, I'm pretty sure she's been on set recently, so she's probably busy with that and hasn't had a chance to comment on it. besides, its only been like 2 days.. give the woman some time! : P
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Eclipse beign my Favorite book of the four so far, I can say that I really look forward to it being made. I am very happy to see that Summit is committed to the project already, not waiting for NM $$$ to come in. I only hope that they finish it off with Breaking Dawn...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I think it's safe to assume that NM will bring in at least as much money as Twilight did. I would bet on more. Very happy that they are doing Eclipse. And July 2010 isnt't too bad. Just about half a year after NM. Now we'll have to wait almost a year for NM.
Eclipse used to be a favorite. I still like it, but it's not my favorite. I find myself being so mad at times while reading it, and wanting to shake Bella a little. But I'm very much looking forward to the movie.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Dovrebanen wrote:I think it's safe to assume that NM will bring in at least as much money as Twilight did. I would bet on more. Very happy that they are doing Eclipse. And July 2010 isnt't too bad. Just about half a year after NM. Now we'll have to wait almost a year for NM.
Eclipse used to be a favorite. I still like it, but it's not my favorite. I find myself being so mad at times while reading it, and wanting to shake Bella a little. But I'm very much looking forward to the movie.
Actually, I don't think it is safe to assume that NM will bring in as much as Twilight. We can hope it does well but the book is not a good as twilight IMHO. It is also a much darker film that will keep some from going back to see it as many times as they did Twilight. Time will tell on this.

I do hope they do BD. it was a good book even with the no fighting thing...darn it :twisted:

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

New Moon is my fave book, and if the movie is as good as I think it will be, I'll see it multiple times.
I saw Twilight twice..

Im thinking 4+ for New Moon.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Jadey wrote:New Moon is my fave book, and if the movie is as good as I think it will be, I'll see it multiple times.
I saw Twilight twice..

Got it, however the genral public may not like it being so depressing. It's a dark mood book & likely a dark mood movie. Given our current world affairs, people like to be up lifted like Twilight...this is not that film...

ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jadey wrote:New Moon is my fave book, and if the movie is as good as I think it will be, I'll see it multiple times.
I saw Twilight twice..

Got it, however the genral public may not like it being so depressing. It's a dark mood book & likely a dark mood movie. Given our current world affairs, people like to be up lifted like Twilight...this is not that film...
You think Twilight was uplifting? I think it was billed as an "emo" film. People even thought it was going to have a "goth" feel because of the vampire/sleep deprivation/dark secrets/dangerously attracted feel.

Image Image
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

ForJazz926 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
I saw Twilight twice..

You think Twilight was uplifting? I think it was billed as an "emo" film. People even thought it was going to have a "goth" feel because of the vampire/sleep deprivation/dark secrets/dangerously attracted feel.
Well it may not be Brady Bunch, but it's not a horror film either. It does have a love story that has a happy ending of sorts. Girl gets the dream guy. So in the broader scheme of things it's a happy film.

Now Depression marked with girl trying crazy things to her voices of ex-boyfriend, this is not a happy film. Although she does end up getting Dream boyfriend back in the end...

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

For me NM is "sad dark". And if I had gone to a doctor and told him how I felt when I read it the first time, I'm sure I would have qualified for some kind of temporary depression diagnose :lol: I love NM. I love the way it makes me feel to read it. The grief, the time with Jacob and the reunion. It's an emotional rollercoaster. It's not only a dark story. It's about loosing your ground in life. Of having it all, and then it's taken away from you. But there is also the story of waking up again, of coming to life. And there are actually some fun moments in the book. It has a sad theme going through it, but it is also about friendship, and eventually finding love again. So that's what I hope they make the movie into. And hopefully people will like it, go and see it, and make lots of money for a great Eclipse movie.

I would be very excited for Eclipse. The fight with the newborns and Victoria..That is quite a challenge for the director. I do hope they improve the movements of the vampires. It looked a little fake in Twilight, and it will be so important during a fight.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~