Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by love_is_noise »

i felt like katherine is a good director but not a good choice for twilight
i thought she spent loads of attention on the more actiony scenes like the car crash, the base ball scene, the fight. which were all awesome and probably better that most directors could do BUT she didn't spend enough time on bella and edwards relationship-i found it hard to see that they were in love because there wasnt enough time of them together and i didn't think they were happoy enough sround each other -there was none of that light joking you get when reading twilight. and i really missed the blood typing scene-very romantic, and they spoent no time talking (in the caffateria or cars) which let you get more of a grasp about how they feel towards eachother

and allthough cris's adaptation of the northern lights was really not at all like the books adn even missed the end off i thought it was a good film and lots of attention to detail was spent. - i am looking forward to seeing how he portrais it.

though taylors acting was good but he didn't look like the jacob i think it will be bad to replace a character cause loads of my friends who didn't read the book (adn other membors of the public) will be like wtf is goin on?! :!:

i thhink the film was helped alot by the hype and when i went to see it 1st time round i was screaming and giggling most of the way through so i didn't really watch it that closely but 2nd time i spent more attention to the film itself (not just robert adn jackson) and didn't think it was that great. hay ho
hope new moon is better
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
love_is_noise

Post by love_is_noise »

navarre wrote:
tricia wrote:
vamp na hEireann wrote:I vote Peter Jackson.He always sticks well to the books but changes bits to make the film better.

a nice dream... all they have to do is up the budget by about 20 million
Yeah, I know. *sigh*
me too, i loved the LOTR books but then what he did with the films was OUTSTANDING!!!
cause he kept real close to the story but also managed to bring it life in a way that would make good viewing!
i know lots of peeps who even prefer the the films to the books so really wish he had been the one they chose

i know that the characters all age weirdly (not at all then the jacob like millions) compared to humans but just to get it out quick for money is real bad! and will totally ruin the films
i feel real bad for stephenie who put so much into these books and is about to have it all crapified by the films cause loads of peeps wont read he bookscause they think the films will be like the books

wish it wasnt summit who was incharge, should get a more credible company, and a company who is bigger so can give it more budget sop it can be better!
shinyredvolvo
Settled in Forks

Post by shinyredvolvo »

I think the thing for Catherine was that she was SUCH a fan of the books that she was too much in it in order to see what needed to be done. Think about when we talk about the book to someone who hasn't read them yet, its hard to get them to understand the relationship of Edward and Bella since its no question to us what it all means. So its easy to jump ahead or go too much into a part of the story that doesn't sum it up for everyone.

I feel the relationship was such a "oh you should already KNOW about it so Im just going to make a really pretty picture and cool fight scenes for you to put the book too"

Im not trying to dis Catherine. I did enjoy the movie, I just felt a little heartbroken to miss out on them falling in love, it went from 0 to 60 too fast.

Im really happy to see what Chris does for New Moon, since Bella is heartbroken in the 1st half almost, he will have to show how much the relationship really meant to her. I can't wait to see it play out in the movie. Along with everything else! ;)
the color Edwards car would be if Alice picked it out
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Peter Jackson = Fellow NZ'r!
He would've been so awesome at it... But I'm not sure if it's his kind of movie :P
About Catherine... I just think she was horrible at the nice, mooshy, lovie scenes, but did okay at the fight scenes.... she didn't make the movie DEEP enough. It just felt like a tweenie movie.. :l
And I thought.. being a girl, she'd know how to make Edward and Bellas relationship intense..

Im so excited to see what Chris does. It actually hurts to have to wait till November.. :?
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
love_is_noise

Post by love_is_noise »

i am looking foward to CW
allthough he did a great job with the golden compass, it was NOTHING like the books, so i amabit worried in that sense...but still he should do a good job and i'm looking foward to him

oh sorry about the double post abit back, i didn't realise.

yeah jackson would have been soo good, shame he would never do it though.

i totally agree with youtpam, she did really well with the action scenes, the car crash, the baseball scene, the fight scene...but was terrible with the stuff that envolved more emotion...the love that was supposed to develope between edward and bella just wasnt there.
i mean i can't totally blame her but it still should be better with a better director to try and get the best proformances possible out of his cast.
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

I think she seemed like a really cool person and one of the main reason that the movie stayed close to the books becasue of the her. she loved the book and she tried to make it as similar as possible. she had mentioned that when she first recieved the script, bella was a popular cheerleader. she totally got rid of that and she coordinated with stephenie meyers to make the film as close to the book as possible. i have to give her props for that. even the music she picked was really good but there is also a downside to the direction.

i just felt that if i had not read the book prior to seeing the movie, i would totally be lost. many things were left out and some things are going to have to be crammed into new moon to catch up. i hope the next directors to the the twilight sagas keep to the books.
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
di0772
Settled in Forks

Post by di0772 »

TheLamb07 wrote:I think she seemed like a really cool person and one of the main reason that the movie stayed close to the books becasue of the her. she loved the book and she tried to make it as similar as possible. she had mentioned that when she first recieved the script, bella was a popular cheerleader. she totally got rid of that and she coordinated with stephenie meyers to make the film as close to the book as possible. i have to give her props for that. even the music she picked was really good but there is also a downside to the direction.

i just felt that if i had not read the book prior to seeing the movie, i would totally be lost. many things were left out and some things are going to have to be crammed into new moon to catch up. i hope the next directors to the the twilight sagas keep to the books.
How can you say she kept to the book. Yes some of the scenes were in the book but that was about it. If you've read the book you would see that all the great lines from the book were said by the wrong actors. The angst that Bella and Edward feel is not there and the most important scenes are missing.

Eating at a diner - Not in the book
Running up the hill out of the cloud line to shine - Not in the book
The spider monkey scene - Not in the book

Catherine would have been better off staying with the books and including:
The scene in Edwards rooms where he leaps onto the leather sofa with her beçause she says she's not afraid.
Carlisles story
The car ride home from Port Angeles where they open up.

I'm glad Catherine is not on the New Moon however from what has been said, don't bother reading the book cause again it's nothing like it.

Hey Stephenie!

If you want Twilight to be re-made the way it should have been done in the first place let me know. I have written a screenplay based on Twilight called - Through Her Eyes - Bella's Twilight. I keeps true to the storyline, the characters and the scenery. I have done drawings of set designs according to your books. Tell Summit to go jump and make it the way it should have been made. Your fans are BEGGING YOU!!!!!!
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

What i meant was that the main storyline remained the same as the book. Bella moves to Forks. Falls in live with a vampire. Is chased by a tracker. Goes to prom, yada yada.
She did a decent job, not a great one. I just think she should be given props for making a decent movie. I understand it wasnt as good as the book but it was okay, definatly worth watching. Everyone knows the book is always better then the movie! Even Harry Potter was changed and that was a much bigger budget film. Considering that catherine was given a small budget, she did okay.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Considering she had a limited budget she should have spent her money more wisely. By that I mean, not rent stunt people to climb trees and stand in tree tops with a helicopter flying over them trying to get the best shot. Completely unneccessary. And the bad vampires going around killing close by Forks. Again..a waste of money to spend time shooting those scenes. She chose to shoot the green house instead of blood typing. Why? I can't imagine it was easier to shoot in a green house than in a nurses office...
And like di0772 said, why couldn't she have the part where Edward tackles Bella in his room instead of throwing her on his back and jumping out the window? Cheaper to make, and would stay more true to the book.

I will give her cred for changing the script from something terrible to something a little bit better. Bella as a cheerleader would have been a disaster. But I still don't agree that the movie is close to the book. Yes we have the main points like you mention, but not the depth of those events. I missed the love story.
I agree with you that the music was good. Using Rob's songs was a brilliant idea.

The movie is growing on me. I like it more for everytime. But that's because I cherish the parts that are good and ignore my annoyance at the rest.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

i gotta agree on the whole tree climbing thing. that was just a waste of time and money. i would have totally have prefered bloodtyping.