Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Good morning Lexlot,

It's weird I am at work and almost everybody is pretty shaken so the atmosphere is kinda weird.

Update on what happened here, since the former thread has been closed:

Yesterday was Queensday, all of the Netherlands celebrated the birthday of our former queen. It's a national holiday almost everybody has the day off and goes out into the street to celebrate, even people as cool as me participate. Parades, lot's of drinking and a so called free market ( one big national yard sale ). The whole country was having a marvelous time and the weather was amazing.Until, around twelve o' clock a man drove a small car at high speed through a crowd, aiming to crash into the bus where the queen was taking a tour through the city.

Five people were killed, the driver a 38 year old caucasian just died as well and four people are still in critical condition in the hospital.

Seeing the images on live on the TV shocked the country, everybody screaming and crying, there were so many children watching. Blood was everywhere and people were being reanimated on the spot. I think the impact on the Dutch could be compared to an assasination attempt on the president during 4th of july celebrations in the US.

It's weird, nobody seems to want to talk about what happened here and there is a really strange atmposphere.

So there is the third car accident I am confronted with in a weeks time.

On Cody I have thought some time before I posted about this ever since I heard there was alcohol involved and Cody might be more then a victim here. Especially since I was nearly killed by a speeding car myself the same day. Though I will be really dissapointed when this turns out to Cody's responsabillity, I think it is important to realize that nobody makes such a mistake with the intent of harming people. Everybody in their lives can look back on something that could have turned out a catastrophy and might have been blamed afterwards. These things, however stupid in my opinion are not unforgiveable.

Love, Nocturnal Lure

May the moon light your path
HarriannCullen

Post by HarriannCullen »

Hugs to you honey, sounds awful.
I hope there will be a therapy or helpline for those who witnessed the horrific events X

Hope you are ok though xx
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Goodmorning to everybody in this new and shiny thread.

Indeed, the events in the Netherlands are shocking. It's very hard to watch the video's. It reminds me of what Belgian went through a few months back after the murders in the kids day center.

Hope you all are fine!
Here the weekend already started, and even though I'll have to catch up on work I plan to enjoy it.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Yay for the new thread! Laveetttt!! Where's the other old thread? I can't find the link anymore..I want to see the other two pages left there..Ninna should post something here..You know the typical list of lexily which is being posted every start of the new thread :)
EDIT 1: Found the link..read the other two pages..:)

oh about the incident in the Netherlands, are you okay Syd and Jasmine? I was shocked too! This morning I got to see it in the morning news while I'm brushing my teeth in front of my television and I suddenly stopped brushing and I was really shocked. And I instantly thought of both of you! and I said "OMG" my sister was like.."Did you know someone there? because as far as I know we don't have any relatives there" and I just said "Shut UP, Syd and Jasmine are from there" and she was like "Who?" and I didn't mind her at all. But seriously guys, I hope you're all doing fine, even though we have like 12-16 hours time difference, I feel for you and for all the victims, it's indeed a devastating news.
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Woot! New thread!
Funny thing, last one we rolled to like, 110 pages I think... maybe they kept tabs on us this time ;) this one ended 3 posts in on 99. Last time I checked the thread, I though, when we hit 99 I'll PM Nena... Seems like I didn't have to.

I will post the list as soon as I locate it, Bells/Amber, you're approved. Who is Angharad Ann Loveday? Hm.... we need to update that name-list ASAP! I'll go search for it!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
ihadanEdwardRush

Ninnaa!!!! yeah I observed that too!
How are you now? How's the doctor trip?
*hugs*
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Hi Honey!
I'm good, really good. I didn't really see a doctor, but a nurse, it's just so awkward to say I have a nurses-appointment, since it's at the hospital and all. It was AWESOME! All tests were great, and also the result of the gyno-check they did a few weeks back was good.

OK, guys, I found a list... BUT I'm pretty sure someone had changes for me to add, and I wonder if those adds were made to a post that got lost due to the unintelligence of my internet deliverer (aka, glitch in the stream = the lex froze = post gone) that I didn't notice until it was too late. Well well. So, we have newbies who we need info on, and if there are any oldies missing, let me know!

By the way, the admins of the Lexily on FB is myself and MRK (Misty). I'll add that in the presentation.

Other languages: 11 people
Cappugirl (Finnish) --Maria-- January 21, 1982 Aquarius
Velvet Voice (Italian) --Sonia-- February 15, 1982 Capricorn
vampire_elf (German) --Malu-- March 21, 1982 Aries
Siberian Kiss (Spanish) --Ana-- May 6 Taurus
PaulinhaBrasil (Portuguese) --Paula-- June 20, 1981 Gemini
Lieziewiezie (Flemish) --Lies-- June 20, 1984 Gemini
Lunna-san (Portuguese) --Lu-- July 23, 1982 Leo
Nocturnal lure (Dutch) (twiguy) --Sidney/Sid-- August 9, 1975 Leo
Jasmine (Dutch) --Janny-- August 28, 1981 Virgo
Wingtear (Swedish) --Ninna-- December 5, 1983 Sagittarius
IhadanEdwardRush (Filipino/Tagalog) --Honey-- December 23, 1982 Capricorn

English: 23 people
Ally_Cat --Ally-- January 23, 1989 Aquarius
Tengo Nubs. --Mary-- March 27, 1989 Aries
DHSHolly (blind) --Holly-- March 29, 1980 Aries
Dazzled_by_Cullens --Dazz/Megan-- March 29, 1983 Aries
SarahGoddard --SarahG-- March 30, 1987 Aries
Cymbrelynn --Kim-- April 17, 1986 Aries
EddieC (twiguy) --Eddie-- April 18, 1988 Aries
roseaurora --Rose-- April 29 Taurus
pharmer4 (twiguy) --Jarrod-- June 1, 1979 Gemini
Tabs --Tabs/Tabitha-- June 1, 1980 Gemini
TillyWhitlock --Tilly/Amanda-- June 12, 1987
CiaoBella --Kiella-- June 23, 1986 Cancer
buffygrl3 --Sam-- July 9, 1991 Cancer
CantBreathe --Sami-- July 12, 1985 Cancer
twilight813 --Lily-- July 27, 1985 Leo
OktoSink --Cat-- August 5, 1989 Leo
SenorGimp (twiguy) --Cody-- August 17, 1985 Leo
MRK --Misty-- August 28, 1979 Virgo
Mrs. Jasper Hale --Sarah-- August 28, 1989 Virgo
animegaijingirl --Anna Mae/Becca-- October 6 Libra
obieewok --Terri-- October 27th, 1980 Scorpio
BellsEdwardalways --Bells/Amber-- November 8, 1984 Scorpio
Twilightchick79 --Chavaleh/Tweet-- November 26 Sagittarius

Beside this "official" name-list, there are numerous ones going on at the FB play-group, and well, names like pack-hussy, greebo, maneater, ice mistress, bear-food and so on are ever recurring.... as is the comparing with Disney-characters. Come join the fun!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

*Becca sticks hand up* I PMed Nena last night to say we'd hit 99, seeing as it took so long last time. Guess she knew us and got the thread going early :)

*waves to Sami* You're back!! Yay :D Sorry I've not been around to chat lately, life got shoot, I am currently in my turtle shell. Seeing as you were absent from reading the lex I'll let you know what was going on sometime.

OK, nothing much to chit chat about, I have caught an evil cold so my long weekend will be spent with DVDs and tissues. I took the day off and I'm catching up with my TV watching, so can't complain really!
HarriannCullen

Post by HarriannCullen »

Am I allowed to go on the "list"?
What's it for?????
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
ihadanEdwardRush

Hi HarriannCullen! yes of course. It's the official list of all the lexlings (the people here in the Gen Y thread) we call ourselves lexlings (lex-siblings) You could PM Ninna (Wingtear) for your info so that she could add you up. :)

By the way, I'm Honey 26 all the way from the Southeast Asia, specifically, the Philippines.

Hope you have a good time hanging out here :)