Movie Inconsistencies?

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby ringswraith » Fri May 01, 2009 5:54 pm

I actually missed that the first time. :) I hadn't read the books prior, and didn't know who she was.

After reading Twilight, I watched it again with my nieces. They pointed her out to me.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby HarriannCullen » Fri May 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Borrowed so lovingly from IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/goofs

* Continuity: The second time Bella is in the hospital, the oxygen tubing switches between over top of her eyes and away from her eyes.

* Continuity: When Edward drops Bella off at the police station on the way back from Port Angeles, she doesn't have her bag, which contained the book she picked up from the book store that she uses later on to research the "cold ones".

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Vampires sparkle when exposed to the sun. When Edward and Bella come to school, he is wearing sunglasses, which would not be necessary if he was trying to avoid the sun. However, it's clear he is wearing them as a fashion accessory, and to make his skin look paler. It's also why the Cullens usually wear dark clothing.

* Continuity: When Bella confronts Edward in the forest, the flap on his right shoulder of his jacket is buttoned down, then unbuttoned, then buttoned again.

* Continuity: When Edward is telling Bella how much he could hurt her, his hand on the tree goes from being flat against it, to resting on his fingers and back again.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Bella is confronting Edward about being a vampire, there are what appears to be visible bite marks on the left side of his neck. However, these are moles, not bite marks.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: There's a scene where Edward and Bella are talking in the forest, it's raining heavily and they are soaking wet. Soon after they are shown talking in another forest location, and appear to be completely dry. This could, however, indicate the passage of time, especially given their change of clothes. It is therefore assumed that their conversation takes place over several days.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the garage, Edward asks Rosalie and Esme to put on Bella's clothing to mislead the tracker. Edward throws clothes towards Esme. Esme was in the scene for quite a while, getting stuff in the background. She was just out of frame when he addressed her.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the garage, Rosalie and Emmett put their belongings in Emmett's jeep and get in. In the next shot, the jeep is no longer in the garage, and Rosalie's convertible and Carlisle's Mercedes are driving off. However, the jeep hasn't left the garage, it's just out of frame in the next shot. Esme takes Rosalie's convertible, which is why it leaves at the same time as Carlisle's Mercedes.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Edward says in the movie that vampires never sleep. When Bella wakes up in the hospital, he appears to be sleeping. He was pretending to sleep in order to appear normal, and to give Bella and her mom privacy to talk.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the very last scene, Victoria turns to leave the balcony overlooking the gazebo where Bella and Edward are dancing, with her hair tied up. As the camera cuts to her leaving down the stairs, her hair is flowing behind her. Victoria pulled out her hair pin at the top of the stairs.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the scene where Bella goes to the ballet studio to give herself up for her mother, James the vampire is visible in all of the mirrors. As the legend goes, vampires' reflections are not supposed to be seen in mirrors. Yet both the movie and books often diverge from traditional vampiric legends, such as mirror reflections, burning in sunlight, wooden stakes, repelling from crosses, and so on.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Charlie takes Bella to her room, you see three naked Barbies: one on her desk under the bulletin board, and two are on the wall behind her, near the bulletin board. As the movie progresses, they disappear. As Bella makes the room her own, she is going to move things around, including the Barbies.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: After Edward saves Bella from the car crash, she overhears him, Carlisle, and Rosalie talking in the hospital. Vampires usually talk so fast and low that human ears cannot understand them, but they can also talk slowly and quietly. They were talking "human" because other people were around.

* Continuity: Throughout the film, dark roots appear and disappear from Rosalie's hair.

* Continuity: When Bella confronts Edward, her red book bag on the left of the screen seems to flip and move around in different shots.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: James, Laurent and Victoria not noticing the fact Bella was human when they first arrived at the baseball field. Not only would they smell her blood (James in particular, being a tracker) but their enhanced hearing would allow them to hear her heart beating. However, in the books, the three arrive at the baseball field, and are there for a few minutes before the wind blows Bella's scent to them, alerting them that she is human.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Victoria's presence going unnoticed at prom. Edward can read minds, Alice can see the future and all of the Cullens have enhanced vampire senses so the chances of her going by unnoticed is highly unlikely. While some have said it is possible that Alice would not be focusing on Victoria and Edward was too preoccupied with Bella to hear Victoria's thoughts, Edward specifically says to Bella (right after Alice sees James change course) "the woman is still in the area". Knowing that Victoria was still in Forks, Edward and Alice would certainly still be keeping an eye out for her and since Edward had heard Victoria's thoughts and voice already, he would know what to listen for. He definitely should have noticed her at the prom, however, if he had noticed her he would have gone after her and that would have diverged from the book too much. Victoria's purpose at the prom was simply to leave a cliffhanger for the next movie (though it does cause some factual mistakes). Additionally it's explained in the book Edward's ability to read minds is a lot like being in a hall filled with people talking, it's just a hum until he focuses on one 'voice' - if he's not listening for Victoria, he may not 'hear' her. Furthermore, it is mentioned in Eclipse that Edward didn't pay any attention to Victoria's thoughts, therefore unable to recognize her.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: After Bella is out of the hospital she still wears a leg brace when she is heading to prom. But she doesn't have any bandage or mark on her right arm from when she was bitten. However, the venom that changes human to vampire heals the body in that process, thus also the skin. There might be a scar, but the wound would certainly be healed well enough for Bella to go without bandages.

* Continuity: When James breaks Bella's leg in the ballet studio, it looks broken. In a far away shot, she is holding her leg, and it doesn't look broken. Later, after Edward falls and she slides away, she moves both of her legs. If it was broken, she would be in too much pain to move it.

* Revealing mistakes: Throughout the film, various vampire's faces are paled out, but not their ears and necks. In one of the cafeteria scenes, Robert Pattinson's ears are extremely red.

* Boom mic visible: When Charlie brings the truck back with new tires, the boom mic is reflected in the front fender.

* Continuity: In one scene, Edward's car approaches with Oregon license plates. As he spins the car around and drives off, the car has Washington plates.

* Continuity: When Bella and her friends go down to La Push, Bella, Jacob, and his friends all have candy in their hands. It's gone in the next scene, then back in the scene after that.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Jacob confronts Bella at the prom, she is wearing her dress. A few shots later, when Edward cuts in, she is wearing a sweater. If you watch Edward closely, he is holding her sweater, then drapes it over her shoulders before turning away from Jacob.

* Crew or equipment visible: When Edward tells Bella "you better hold on tight, spider monkey" you can see his harness pulling his shirt up.

* Errors in geography: In the dress shop, two flags are in front of the building across the street; the American flag and the Oregon flag (blue with a yellow symbol). Washington's flag is green with a picture of George Washington.

* Continuity: When Bella first sits next to Edward in biology and he visibly recoils, two samples are on their shared desk. Edward nudges one towards her and pulls the other towards himself. In the next shot, they're next to each other in the center of the desk.

* Continuity: In the meadow, Edward and Bella are lying very closely together at first. When the camera angle switches, they are suddenly farther apart.

* Factual errors: Many of the flags in the cafeteria are wrong. The Kenyan flag (green, red and black, with a shield) is upside down; the black stripe should be at the top. Another flag is red, white, and blue, with a red star. It's supposed to be the Yugoslav flag, but Yugoslavia split up in the 1990s, and the flag is actually Croatia's. The South African flag is the apartheid-era flag, which was redesigned in 1994. This may be intentional, to depict the isolation of a small town.

* Revealing mistakes: Throughout the movie you can see the vampires' breath. In the book Edward states they can breathe because it enhances their ability to smell and helps them blend in as 'normal', but you would not be able to physically see their breath because they have no actual body warmth.

* Revealing mistakes: When Dr. Cullen treats Bella in the E.R., the x-ray on the upper left behind him is upside down.

* Revealing mistakes: In the last close-up of the movie, Edward's face is close to Bella's, and his skin is at least 5 shades darker than hers. Vampires are supposed to be the palest of pale.

* Crew or equipment visible: When Bella is wearing a green shirt in her bedroom, you can clearly see the audio wire under her shirt when she lifts her arms up to do something.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Emmett is clearly chewing food in the lunch room. The books mention several times that vampires do not eat, and their food always remained untouched during lunch. (Stephenie Meyer mentions on her website that they kept having to redo those scenes because Emmett kept eating.) However, in the book, Edward mentions that he can eat human food, he just doesn't like it. He compares this to how humans eat food they don't like, to be polite.

* Revealing mistakes: When Edward is driving Bella to his house to escape from the Tracker (James), he jumps in the bed of the truck and opens the door to climb inside. When he does that, you can clearly see that it's his stunt double.

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Edward and Bella are in the car and she says she's warm enough they both go to touch the button, but you can see an early reaction on Edward pulling himself back a bit before they even show him pulling his hand away.

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): In the book, Charlie tells Bella that Billy is in a wheelchair and can't drive anymore. But when Edward wants Bella to meet his family, Billy is driving instead of Jacob. Billy could be driving a modified car.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Edward is lying next to Bella on her bed, moonlight (sunlight reflected off the moon) is coming in through her window and hitting his face, chest, and hand, but they are not sparkling. However, this could be because Edward is not in *direct* sunlight, therefore it has no effect on him.

* Continuity: As Bella and Edward's fathers are at the second crime scene, Bella asks Edward to turn in to park up. The car moves right to turn in, then the next shot is the car still in lane, and hasn't moved right yet.

* Continuity: In the baseball scene when Carlisle hits ball, you can see Edward and Emmett start to run after it. But, after the close-ups of their faces, they start to run again.

* Revealing mistakes: When Bella is on Edward's back and they are running up the mountain Bella's hair lies flat as if it she were standing. However, if they were going at the speed implied her hair would have been blowing back.

* Revealing mistakes: In the final credits, "Emmett" is misspelled.

* Factual errors: Near the end of the closing credits, a few counties are thanked for their help during filming. Clallam is misspelled "Clallum".

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: In the beginning, when Charlie is driving Bella to the house, the windshield wipers are on, but it's not raining. On the Olympic Peninsula, rain is so constant that many drivers don't immediately notice when it stops. They often leave their wipers on, especially if their attention is elsewhere - as Charlie's would be with his daughter coming to live with him.

* Crew or equipment visible: When Edward passes Billy and Jacob Black on the road, a man with a cap and equipment is visible in the window.

* Revealing mistakes: In the baseball scene, Rosalie's hat has a "G" on it instead of a "C".

* Continuity: When Bella is searching for information about creatures with the same characteristics as Edward's, you can see some information about Apontamkin (The Cold One: Apontamkin). In the next web page, the creature's/god's name is Apontampkin.

* Continuity: When the Cullens are playing baseball, Rosalie slides into home. When she stands up, there is a large stain on the right side of her white pants from the slide. Later, when they are in the garage getting into the various cars to run from James, Rosalie turns away, and her pants are unstained.

* Continuity: In the diner when Bella and her dad are eating, the label on the A1 bottle faces away from Bella's dad then towards then away in the same scene.

* Continuity: When Charlie comes back with Bella's truck, you can hear rain, but neither the cruiser nor the truck are wet.

* Continuity: When Bella is walking up the hill at school before she tells Edward that she knows he is a vampire, she is wearing mittens. When she enters the woods and drops her backpack, her mittens are gone, though you never see her remove them.

* Continuity: The dent in the back fender of Bella's truck changes size a lot throughout the movie.

* Continuity: When Rosalie, Emmett, and Edward are leading the tracker away, Rosalie's hair is curled when they leave the garage, then frizzy when she rubs the jacket on the tree, then curled again when they realize the tracker changed course.

* Continuity: In the hotel room, when Alice has the vision of James in the mirror room, light is shining in through the window. They're in Phoenix, where it's sunny, so they should be sparkling.

* Factual errors: Bella starts school in March. A few weeks pass before Billy and Jacob come over "to watch the Mariners game," meaning baseball season has started. Later, when Bella is talking to her mom, she says Phil is still in spring training. Minor League spring training ends in March, before the Major League baseball season.

* Revealing mistakes: Throughout the movie, the vampires' contact lenses are clearly visible in close-ups.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Robert Pattinson's American accent seems to slip into his native British accent several times. However, this may be intentional.

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Edward is driving Bella home, they approach the police station and wonder what's going on. Edward should have been able to determine what was happening by listening to anyone's thoughts at the station.

* Continuity: After Edward reveals himself in the sunlight and tries to frighten Bella, he jumps into a tree. Bella walks under the tree and leans up towards him, while he leans forward towards her. In the close ups they are maybe 6 inches apart, his face beneath his arms, but in the wide shots his face is above his arms, and their faces are a couple feet apart.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Bella's mom calls her while escaping James, Bella's phone says 'home'. If Bella had been living in Forks she would probably changed it in her phone. However, if Bella had not accepted that her move to Forks was permanent, OR she still felt Phoenix was "home", especially since she was from there, she may not have changed it.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Bella and Edward first meet in science class they are examining the stages of Mitosis. The correct order of stages is prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase, but Edward mentions anaphase coming before metaphase when he looks into the microscope for the third time. However, they have clearly been provided with prepared slides and are told to "separate and label them into the phases of Mitosis," so Edward was not identifying the order of the phases, but which one he was currently looking at.

* Revealing mistakes: In the first gym scene, a girl who looks about 6 years old is running around in the background.

* Continuity: In the scene where Edward and Bella are talking outside in the rain, when the shot moves from slightly further away to close up, Edward's facial expression is obviously different.

* Continuity: When Bella walks into the biology room for the first time, she walks through the fan. It flashes to Edward and he is fine. And then when it flashes back to Bella she is walking through the fan again.

* Continuity: In biology class, the owl behind Edward changes position through both scenes

* Revealing mistakes: Clair de Lune is incorrectly listed in the credits as "Claire" de Lune.

* Continuity: In the greenhouse, the teacher fills a glass of "compost" to the top. In the next shot, the glass is not filled to the top.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Bella asks where Edward is in the hospital, it pans to a brief shot of Edward slumped against the wall, with his head facing towards Bella. In further scenes he is still slumped against the wall, but his head is facing the opposite direction. When people "sleep" they sometimes move in their sleep. Since Edward was pretending to sleep, he could've simply been fidgeting and moving to make it look more real.

* Audio/visual unsynchronized: About 5 seconds before Edward tells Bella he wanted to kill her, you can clearly see Edward mouthing something, however nothing is being said.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The second time Alice pitches to both Rosalie and Jasper, the runner is running from second base before she throws the ball. After both have hit the ball, the runner is just leaving second base. However, Esme states at the start of the games that "she knows they cheat", so this could just be an example of them cheating.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Edward is in Bella's house, waiting with Charlie to take Bella to the prom, he has a glass of water. When the two men move to see Bella come down the stairs, it is thought that Edward is carrying his glass of water. However, it is actually a corsage in a plastic case.

* Continuity: In the hospital scene when Edward, Carlisle, and Rosalie are talking in the hall way you see two people walk around the corner at the end of the hallway. The camera cuts away, but a few seconds later when it cuts back, the same two people are seen coming around the corner again.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Eric is passing out fliers for their upcoming prom. Eric and all his friends in the circle are Juniors (as stated in the book). They are planning to attend their Junior Prom. However, the fliers Eric is passing out say Senior Prom. Almost always in High School the prom is the "Senior Prom" - but open to Juniors and Seniors. There would not be a separate prom for Juniors, however, traditionally, the Junior class hosts the prom for the Senior class - as a sort of "farewell party." So, the fact that a Junior is distributing fliers for an event called the "Senior Prom" would be fairly in line with HS tradition in the US.

* Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): Just before the prom, Bella's dad makes the statement that he put a new can of pepper spray in her purse. He would have no reason to say that, seeing as he thought Bella fell while in Phoenix, not that she was attacked.

* Revealing mistakes: After Angela takes a candid picture of Bella, she looks at the back of the camera as if to check the picture. But there is a cover over the LCD screen so this would be impossible. It also happens after she takes a picture later in the film.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Edward exposes his skin in the sunlight to Bella and when they are laying in the field, Edward has no hair on his chest. However, when Edward and Bella are in Edward's room and are dancing, Edward visibly has chest hair. (However, as stated in the directors commentary, this is caused by the CGI covering his hair with sparkles, therefore no hair is visible.)

* Continuity: In the garage scene when Carlisle tells Edward that he has to split up from Bella because the tracker knows he would never leave her, Jasper is seen bent over in the background putting things in the trunk of the car. When the scene switches to a close-up of Alice saying that she and Jasper will keep her safe, Jasper is standing upright few steps away from the trunk and looking in Alice's direction.

* Continuity: In the garage scene Edward closes the car trunk twice.

* Revealing mistakes: When Edward is playing the piano for Bella, the sun is shining on his hands, but he isn't sparkling.

* Continuity: When Bella first gets her tuck, she visibly gets in and you hear the car door close. In the next scene, when Charlie and Jacob's father are talking, right before Charlie says "you're the bomb" you can hear Jacob shut the passenger side door. In the next scene Jacob shuts the door again.

* Continuity: When Bella is in gym and the ball comes toward her she hits it strait to the side. When it hits Mike in the back of the head the ball comes from above, as though it were thrown at an angle.

* Continuity: In the first lunchroom scene right before the Cullens walk in there is a guy behind Bella in a yellow jacket about 10 feet away from her. When the shot changes to a close up of Bella he is directly behind her.

* Continuity: In the first lunchroom scene Bella's arms go from folded to in front of her between shots.

* Continuity: When Bella and Edward are on the greenhouse field trip, right before Jessica interrupts, there is a girl walking behind them. In the next shot when Jessica comes up to Bella, the girl is bent over looking at some of the plants.

>>> WARNING: Here Be Spoilers <<<

Goofs below here contain information that may give away important plot points. You may not want to read any further if you've not already seen this title.

* Factual errors: SPOILER: In the ballet studio, James breaks Bella's leg just below the knee. In the prom scene, Bella is wearing a walking brace, intended for ankle or foot injuries. Bella's injury would require a cast or brace that immobilizes her knee.
Image
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Image
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
User avatar
HarriannCullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:29 pm
Location: South Wales, UK

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby pennybug84 » Fri May 01, 2009 8:59 pm

by HarriannCullen

I thought this thread was about bits that were visually wrong in the film.


Well this is from the 1st post explaining this thread:
by Bronze Haired Girl

This is the place to discuss anything in the movie you feel is inconsistant with the Twilight universe as we know it from the books.


So to me that would mean things like NOT mentioning Jasper's power :cry:
or explaining Carlisle's history (to me that's important to explain how a vampire can be a doctor.)
so things like no stilletos at prom is a minor detail that was left out. (the reason I was kind of sad about that is because I just love the interaction in the book here, the same with Bella not realizing why she's dressed up & she's surprised and kind of mad at first that it's for prom.)
Image
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
User avatar
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor
 
Posts: 4087
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: hoping 2012 is better than 2011 was

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby di0772 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:52 pm

ringswraith wrote:Before this degenerates further into a "OMG I hate the movie!" conversation, I hope people realize that you're never going to get what you want from a book-turned-movie. Practically impossible. Why? There's just no way to cram all that story into just over two hours of film.

So what happens? Major scenes are picked out, and then an attempt is made to link them together. In doing so you lose a lot of details. You may also have to change certain things so that the movie- never mind the book, but the movie- makes sense by itself. Not everyone who watches is going to be a reader of the series. I wasn't when I first saw the movie, but it impressed me enough to buy the book the next day. And that, to me, is what counts: get people interested enough to go to the source material, and read the series.

I did watch the movie again after reading the novel, and then I noticed all the differences. Some of them are actually good and/or funny- personally, I loved the graduation cap collage, and the kitchen scene at the Cullens'.

That being said, I too don't like how things were changed. But I can appreciate why they were changed. Think about it- at least we have a movie to begin with. I'm thankful, because were it not for the movie (and my persistent niece) I would have never read Twilight.


By the way I didn't hate the movie. It was just that it was too Hollywood for it to respect the storyline.

I agree that there are ususally some changes from the book to the movie however if have you read Interview with the Vampire and seen the movie they are extremely similar but when they did Queen of the Damned they changed it dramatically and it didn't have the same feel.

I laughed at the kitchen scene as well once I decided to stop comparing them.

I was so appalled by the screenplay that I have written my own. In its basic walk-through it runs approx 2hrs 5mins (ony 15 mins longer than the actually movie) so they didn't really need to change too much. A few of the conversations are not as long but the whole book is in there and it runs smoothly. We I think it does at least.
di0772
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:10 am
Location: Newcastle Australia

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby ringswraith » Sat May 02, 2009 1:21 am

I applaud your efforts at writing your own version of the screenplay. That's some dedication. :)

But as you said, that's at it's basic walkthrough. When you start filming, you have a ton of things to consider. It comes down to money, eventually- sad but true. Not in the sense of what makes it, but in the sense of how you can keep your costs down or stay within budget.

Still, I have to wonder why they even bothered filming certain scenes. Like the one where Bella lets Edward bite her finger. It's so out of character for either of them- where'd they get that from? They could have spent all that time and effort putting in something that actually makes sense. :roll:
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby di0772 » Sat May 02, 2009 3:41 am

ringswraith wrote:I applaud your efforts at writing your own version of the screenplay. That's some dedication. :)

But as you said, that's at it's basic walkthrough. When you start filming, you have a ton of things to consider. It comes down to money, eventually- sad but true. Not in the sense of what makes it, but in the sense of how you can keep your costs down or stay within budget.

Still, I have to wonder why they even bothered filming certain scenes. Like the one where Bella lets Edward bite her finger. It's so out of character for either of them- where'd they get that from? They could have spent all that time and effort putting in something that actually makes sense. :roll:


Film the screenplay. Yeah Right. I'm not in Hollywood and with the success they've had with original movie no-one will even look at it. I'm going to keep it for my next life and then when I come back I'll make it myself. :lol:

My least favourites are the Prom, it was just so wrong. The other is in the school ground where Jessica is catching sun..where did they get that from. :x The same with the tree climbing scene where they overlook the river and the mountains, that money could have definitely been used on other scenes. But that's Hollywood.
di0772
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:10 am
Location: Newcastle Australia

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby HarriannCullen » Sat May 02, 2009 6:29 am

I still enjoyed it, I have learnt not to get my hopes up with Book to Film converts, as they are never as good as what I see in my head
Image
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Image
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
User avatar
HarriannCullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:29 pm
Location: South Wales, UK

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby Dovrebanen » Mon May 04, 2009 1:23 pm

ringswraith wrote:I applaud your efforts at writing your own version of the screenplay. That's some dedication. :)

But as you said, that's at it's basic walkthrough. When you start filming, you have a ton of things to consider. It comes down to money, eventually- sad but true. Not in the sense of what makes it, but in the sense of how you can keep your costs down or stay within budget.

Still, I have to wonder why they even bothered filming certain scenes. Like the one where Bella lets Edward bite her finger. It's so out of character for either of them- where'd they get that from? They could have spent all that time and effort putting in something that actually makes sense. :roll:

Yes, I almost gasped when I saw that on the deleted scenes. I actually threw my hands up in the air, and said "that's all wrong" :D Edward would not bite her finger, nor would Bella actually encourage him to do it. Where they got it from? I will never understand the inside of that directors head.
You say it comes down to money. And I agree with that. But when money is an issue, you have to choose the scenes you make wisely. That means they should have dropped the stupid fieldtrip to the greenhouse, with the compost tea and whatnot. And they should have dropped the killing spree in Forks. And focused on building the relationship. Expanding the meadow scene and other scenes that were pivotal to the development of the relationship. That's what bothers me the most. The big scenes.
I do agree with what you said before about some scenes being good. I laughed at the graduation caps. That was a fun twist. And even SM said in the extra material that she wished she had thought of some of the things that were in the movie.
And after seeing the movie two additional times, I have come to like it more. I can to take it for what it is, and cherish the scenes that are good. The ones that are bad still annoys me, and I will never be truly happy with it. But I can appreciate parts of it, and the rest is bearable.
Image
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
User avatar
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Norway.

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue May 05, 2009 4:32 am

Dovrebanen wrote:
ringswraith wrote:I applaud your efforts at writing your own version of the screenplay. That's some dedication. :)

But as you said, that's at it's basic walkthrough. When you start filming, you have a ton of things to consider. It comes down to money, eventually- sad but true. Not in the sense of what makes it, but in the sense of how you can keep your costs down or stay within budget.

Still, I have to wonder why they even bothered filming certain scenes. Like the one where Bella lets Edward bite her finger. It's so out of character for either of them- where'd they get that from? They could have spent all that time and effort putting in something that actually makes sense. :roll:

Yes, I almost gasped when I saw that on the deleted scenes. I actually threw my hands up in the air, and said "that's all wrong" :D Edward would not bite her finger, nor would Bella actually encourage him to do it. Where they got it from? I will never understand the inside of that directors head.
You say it comes down to money. And I agree with that. But when money is an issue, you have to choose the scenes you make wisely. That means they should have dropped the stupid fieldtrip to the greenhouse, with the compost tea and whatnot. And they should have dropped the killing spree in Forks. And focused on building the relationship. Expanding the meadow scene and other scenes that were pivotal to the development of the relationship. That's what bothers me the most. The big scenes.
I do agree with what you said before about some scenes being good. I laughed at the graduation caps. That was a fun twist. And even SM said in the extra material that she wished she had thought of some of the things that were in the movie.
And after seeing the movie two additional times, I have come to like it more. I can to take it for what it is, and cherish the scenes that are good. The ones that are bad still annoys me, and I will never be truly happy with it. But I can appreciate parts of it, and the rest is bearable.


Dovrebanen, you hit perfectly...The relationship is the cental theme that for me seemed to get lost. What a shame about the meadow scene not being in the film at all. I said it before and I will likely say it again, they failed SM by trashing the meadow scene...Here's to hoping they get the next one right...
Image

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 am

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Postby xCathyx » Tue May 05, 2009 11:47 am

Hey, i dont know where to post this but Twilight is nominated for 7 MTV Movie Awards
Here is the link to vote (you can only vote once)

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/200 ... ries.jhtml

Cathy x
Image
User avatar
xCathyx
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Twilight Movie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests