Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by Ally_Cat »

I would just like to come here and celebrate the fact that I am free from exams! I'm free, I'm free.... I could go on and on I'm so happy - and tired, only 9 hours of sleep between the last 2 nights. *does celebration dance* :D

Hey Harrian! Realized I never introduced myself. I'm Ally, 20, and from South Carolina. Welcome to the Lexily!

Sid & Jas - I'm really sorry your holiday was interupted by such a tragic accident. I read about it soon after it happened and I immediately thought of you two. I'm glad you are both okay and were able to enjoy, although not to the full extent, your holiday.

Can't think anymore. My head is dead from exams. I will be back later when I have my comprehention skills back
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
HarriannCullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by HarriannCullen »

Hey there Ally, how are you chick?
Congrats on finally leaving your exams behind

That's the best bit
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Aww that’s so horrific Jasmine. What a nasty piece of work. Grrr! :twisted:

Hiya Harrian! Eeyore does rule! My sister keeps calling him emo. I think that’s mean. If my friends destroyed my house, forgot my birthday and bounced me into a river I think I’d be fairly depressed too!

We’re on page 99 already! So exciting! Almost time for a new forum. I wonder if we’ll beat the previous 110 page record before the admins notice?

I bought a Westley doll in Forbidden Planet today! Its really cool, I love it! :)

Arggh I should be writing job application for a really cool job I saw and thought I’d apply for on the off chance but I HATE writing job applications and it absolutely has to be in today because the deadline was 5pm but the HR department said as they aren’t going to pick it up until Tuesday anyway it’ll be ok if its late, as long as its in today.

I should really stop procrastingating and get on with it…….ugh! :shock:

This is funny – I was just about to post this when I realised it said “Locked” so off I wandered to find the new thread and theres a whole 3 pages to reply to. Yay! Okay dokey here I carry on (more procrasting but never mind!)

I love Stardust Bells! Such a lovely film – I adore it! Also I cant wait to see Origins:Wolverine. Phwah!

I observed too Ninna (see above) and actually am a bit disapoointed that we didn’t at least roll to 3 digit figure pages!

Hi Becca! I got back from shopping today! Really excited to package it all up for you. Hopefully it’ll help cheer you up after you’ve been off with evil cold. *Dons mask and lightsaber to fight the cold virus away from all Lexlings*

Yay to exams being over Ally!

Right, I really should go and say how good a team player, orgnaised, efficient etc etc yada yada yada I am on this job application.

See you all soon on the lovely shiny new thread!

Hugs and love Lexlings! :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
DHSHolly

Post by DHSHolly »

*grumbles grumbles mumble* They could've at least put a link at the end of the old thread alerting us to the new one. argh. I've seen them do that on other threads.

Okay, now that I'm done grumbling I'm here at the ew thread. I didn't even know it existed and there are already 3 pages. :( I don't really have much to say other than that. We are getting all kinds of rain and storms here which is good because it cools things off, but is bad because my dog hates them. lol He likes to hide under my desk when they are happening. :)
HarriannCullen

Post by HarriannCullen »

Sarah, completely agree with you about Eeyore!
I love him!
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

*Complains weakly about stupidness of her internet disconnecting just as she posted.* "grumble grumble...stupid dongle...moan moan...doesnt bliming work....grumble moan...wasting my friggin time...complain....moan"

I agree Holly on the not letting us know - see above slighly idiotic post.

I just wanted to quickly let anyone who may be interested know that I got the application off. Definitly not the best I've ever written but its too late now and whatever will be will be.

I'm knackered. I may just fall asleep in my clothes without even bothering to brush my hair or teeth or take my makeup off. Gross I know but I am at that level of tiredness...good lie in tommorow me thinks.

Anyways hugeos muchos love to my Lexlings! Sleep well! :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Jasmine & Sid- So sad to hear about the devastating news... there is so much tragedy intentionally caused by man in the world... it is horrifying. I am glad that you and your loved ones are safe though. *hugs*

Ninna!!!!- *JUMPS, TACKLES, HUGS* I feel as though we haven't chatted in ages my dear. SO happy to hear that all is healthy and well for you and your little bun ;)

Becca- Yes, you do owe me an explanation please! And where the HECK is my chapter 4 all ready?!?!?! You're killing me here woman. Anyway, miss you and hope everything's all right for you. Hope ya feel better!! *sends over some virtual chicken noodle soup*

Hello Harriann! I'm Samantha (or Sam or Sami) 23 in California. Not sure quite how new you are as I've been MIA for a bit, but welcome to the madness that is Gen Y and I hope you have as much fun as we do ;) The list is just a way for us all to keep track of who's who... knowing everyone's names and birthdays and such. I'm sure Ninna/WingTear will gladly add you to it!

Sarah- Job applications are sooooo annoying, but I hope it pays off and you get the job :D

Holly- Aww, that is kinda cute about Walker, though I'm sorry he's scared. My friend used to have a dog that would hide in the bathtub whenever there was a thunder storm :D

Not much new here with me... starting to pray I get a job soon so I can stop stressing about money. No real plans for the weekend. I'd like to start some jogging this weekend at the park, but I can never seem to motivate my lazy butt *rolls eyes* I did rent some good movies that I've been wanting to see though... Milk (James Franco anyone? *drools*), Vicky Cristina Barcelona (Javier Bardem anyone? *drools*), and Seven Pounds (Will Smith anyone? *drools*).
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Sami! Yay on the Job interviews I'll cross my fingers for ya!

Ok Mini-rant:

In 2003 my brother died of a drug overdose...the night before he died, while still at the hospital, I was in the waiting room with 3 of his 'friends' I don't think they really knew who I was...anyway, the one was asking the other one for cocaine while my brother was upstairs dying in the hospital room. I was livid.
This same 'friend' started sleeping with my sister after my brother died...even though he had a pregnant wife and children at home.
A while ago he went to make a drug deal while at a truck stop (he was driving trucks for awhile) he was shot in the face because the deal went bad.
His wife just posted my brother on FB, saying what great friends her husband and my brother were...she spelled his name wrong, got his date of death wrong, and where he was born and raised wrong....but yet she is posting this all over fb. URGH! SRSLY...I know it seems stupid and petty to care, but it annoys me when ppl use that kind of stuff for sympathy for themselves. My brother had a son...I don't think this should just be put on FB for him to stumble upon.

OK sry just annoyed...
better now!
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Yo peeps

Trying to sneak off without me?

Sorry Obs has been away for a bit. Lots of crap behind the scenes so that you can enjoy the show that is Obie as it should be: Uninterrupted and commercial free.

I have a cold (blames Becs for vitual virus and this had to go against the 12th stone of the intergalactic viral army commandments or something for giving me a cold that you have from Swede dude) and it has drained my ability to do just about everything except get crazy buzzes off of all the meds I'm on and then I write these really freaking proverbs. I rock. Anyways, just wanted everyone else to know that I am here. I think what happened at the Queensday thing was just disturbing and I do believe in Karma---so that sick person will have to pay if he hasn't already.

To all the newbies---Terri---28 years YOUNG---Female (goddess)----Dallas, TX (yehaw)---wife/mom (blah)----You will bow down to me eventually. And bring your menfolk to me.

Off to sleep:)
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Syd&Jasmine~ That's a horrible thing to have happened during a celebration. I am sorry that it happened.

Sarah~ Now I just have tor read the book Stardust. But that'll have to wait until I am done reading all the books I have bought and checked out from the library or read.

Ninna~ Thanks for adding me on FB.

MRK~ I am sorry you have to deal with that on FB. *hugs*

Sami~ Good luck with the interviews.

And for everyone who's looking for a job currently I hope you find one soon. I know the frustrations of not having one as I currently don't either.

*hands everyone who's stressed or down for some reason or other a cookie or piece of cake or ice cream*

I didn't do too much today myself. Talked to Rob the boyfriend as usual. I went with my mom and got painting stuff for the kitchen. We were going to repaint it tonight but it turned out she still needed to do some stuff before we could get started on the painting. Tomorrow, I shall be spending most of with Rob. So I shall not be around the Lex tomorrow. I hope you all have a good Saturday.

*hugs to all*

Bells
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings