Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 18 ~ The Funeral

Post by Alphie »

These questions were provided by Cocoa.

1) Have you ever had two friends who hated each other? Did you feel the pressure to choose or take sides?

2) We have had those moments in our life like Bella, where we are faced with the opportunity to bring a friendship to a new level. Did you act on that moment, how did it turn out for you? Or did you let it pass, like Bella did? Did you end up regretting not taking action?

3) We all act differently to crisis. In this case Bella was focused on saving Edward from himself, and didn't dwell on the coming danger to herself. Describe a time in your life that you acted for another's safety with out caring for your own.

4) At this point Romeo and Juliet were screaming at us from the grave, were you panicked? Did you read straight through to the end from here unable to put the book down?

5) Tell us your feelings regarding Jacob at the time verses now. Have they change with time to reflect back and additional reading?
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Re: Chapter 18 ~ The Funeral

Post by Lynzeee »

1) Have you ever had two friends who hated each other? Did you feel the pressure to choose or take sides?
I have, whats funny about it is that it was my then boyfriend(who was really truly all wrong for me) and My bestfriend since like 6th grade who was nothing more but never really wanted to be.. we kissed a few times that was it.. but he HATED my boyfriend.. they both always told me to chose i would ignore then for a few days then they would run back.. it was horrible

2) We have had those moments in our life like Bella, where we are faced with the opportunity to bring a friendship to a new level. Did you act on that moment, how did it turn out for you? Or did you let it pass, like Bella did? Did you end up regretting not taking action?
i acted on my friends ex boyfriend who i had been friends with since i was 15( i was 17 when i acted) we are married now. but there were some that i didnt take further.. glad i didnt

3) We all act differently to crisis. In this case Bella was focused on saving Edward from himself, and didn't dwell on the coming danger to herself. Describe a time in your life that you acted for another's safety with out caring for your own.
i've never been in that type of situation but i would do what she did act for him/her without thinking of myself if it meant saving him/her
4) At this point Romeo and Juliet were screaming at us from the grave, were you panicked? Did you read straight through to the end from here unable to put the book down?
I was freaking out, i was freaking out about Jacob wanting to kiss bella, then that whole thing with alice and at that point i had to put the book down and breath and not freak out.. i ended up reading until 3am which was when i finished the book

5) Tell us your feelings regarding Jacob at the time verses now. Have they change with time to reflect back and additional reading?
I was rooting for jacob in New moon all the way until Bella left and even then some in eclipse i was really mad at edward for leaving her. I feel like the only attraction they had for eachother was purely because Fate was about to hand Jacob his other Half through Bella.. i think thats why he was some blinded by protecting her.. she was going to provide him with his other half.. he had no choice.. I love jacob

im surprised to be the only one answering this.. haha Oh well
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Yes, I have, actually. And I always refused to get in the middle. When I was on the other end - a girl and I did not like eachother to say the least and we shared a friend - I realized how hard that made everything.

Aww. My friend Mark was literally in love with me, and he made his feelings clear one night. He kissed me and I kissed him back, but realized that I really didn't want to ruin our friendship. I don't regret that decision.

Anything that has to do with my little girl would fit into this category. I won't do outright stupid things to get myself into bad situations, but her health and well being is more important than mine.

HAHA. Well. That's actually how it was with ALL the Twilight books. I read them ALL in one sitting each because I got so sucked into the stories.

I have NEVER been a Team Jacob fan. End of story.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

Sure! There's always pressure to take sides...the smart - the best - thing to do is not to choose sides though!

I've had that several times actually....I think I've had all the possible outcomes.

I read all the books straight through. With the exception of Breaking Dawn and that is only because I read it on a trip and had to put it down once we got to our destination!

I've always liked Jacob. I always wanted Bella to be with Edward though. I think I feel more for him now though. Now that I'm re-reading the books, I pick up on little things that didn't make sense to me before or I understand things a bit better and I do feel for him...I like Jacob more now, I think.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

yes, of course

i let it pass...= /

i was riding and my friend fell off her horse. her horse polted after she spooked and started galloping away...the thing was..she was runing home, and her hoe was across a highway and over a bridge...so i started galloping after her on my thoroughbred...and finally caught her right b4 the street..i almsot got hit by a car myself.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

no.

I've regretted taking action

I do it every day with my children

I can't remember

I don't understand the question
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Apple
Wandering Through Town

Post by Apple »

no, i really only have one group of friends, and we all like each other.

i have really never been in that position. there has never been a friend who might be more than a friend. but if that situation were to arise, i would not date a friend. i like to keep friends and boyfriends separate.

i have been fortunate enough to not have this level of sacrifice come into play. but i think that everyone who has been in a relationship has had times when they forget about their own comfort in order to do something for their significant other.

yes!! i was a mess. i must say, that this was one of the most intense and suspenseful scenes of any book i have ever read. i died when alice told bella that it was edward on the phone. well done SM! i could not put it down after that. i had to know what was going to happen.

at the time i read new moon, i really hated jacob. he seems winy and annoying to me. i only started to like him when he had his own section in BD. but at this point in particular, i wanted to smack him! why would he say it was carlisle on the phone? that was a dumb, selfish move.
the welts of your scorn, my love, give me more
send whips of opinion down my back, give me more
well, its you i've waited my life to see
its you i've searched so hard for
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1) Nope. I guess if you mean I hate one(s) of my friend's friends, than yes,

2) I haven't been alive as much as Bella has, or is, so I never really have expierienced anything like that so far.

3) I have never really had that problem. I freak out in a crisis, I hate getting involved.

4) I read the book within two days, way longer than it took me to read twilight. So I read straight through this one.

5) I have never really liked Jacob, so I try and not think about him much. He should have known it was Edward on the phone though.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

) Have you ever had two friends who hated each other? Did you feel the pressure to choose or take sides? Hmmm, not that I can recall.

2) We have had those moments in our life like Bella, where we are faced with the opportunity to bring a friendship to a new level. Did you act on that moment, how did it turn out for you? Or did you let it pass, like Bella did? Did you end up regretting not taking action? I took the opportunity and don't regret it; I didn't end up with the guy, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

4) At this point Romeo and Juliet were screaming at us from the grave, were you panicked? Did you read straight through to the end from here unable to put the book down? I was freaking out when Alice saw the vision of Edward approaching the Volturi! I think I stopped breathing when Alice said that it was Edward and not Carlisle on the phone!! I was yelling at him in my head, and wishing Bella and Alice would get there in time. I was unable to put the book down, but had to in order to sleep.

5) Tell us your feelings regarding Jacob at the time verses now. Have they change with time to reflect back and additional reading? At the time, I thought Jake would make a good friend for Bella; I didn't like how close they became, and I yelled "NO" when they almost kissed; Bella and Edward belong together!! I never hated Jake, I just didn't like how he was so pushy about his presence in Bella's life as being more than a friend. Even in Eclipse, when the pack members were imprinting, he still pursued Bella; surely he wasn't so arrogant to think that HE wouldn't imprint, so he could keep going after Bella, knowing her heart belonged to someone else. I do like Jake, just not as a couple with Bella, and I'm glad that he got his happy ending in the story.
CullenLove
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenLove »

Of definitely. I was terrified. Terrified because if I pick one friend the other will get mad eventually. But, thankfully, everything worked out.

I wasn't ready yet. I never thought of him as more than a friend. But, he thought of me as more than his friend. I didn't want to ruin our friendship. He was my best guy friend. I didn't regret this decision and we're still friends.

I've never been on this situation before. But, if somebody that I loved needed my help, I would always be there for them.

4) At this point, Romeo and Juliet were screaming at us from the grave, were you panicked? Did you read straight through to the end from here unable to put the book down? I.

I was seriously scared! I would never think Edward would do such a thing. I wanted to put the book down, but it was too hard.

When Edward left and Jacob was her only friend, I was a little bit on "Team Jacob". He was always there for Bella until he became a werewolf and I started hating him again. I got mad when they almost kissed. Truly mad.
What if I'm not the hero?
What if I'm the bad guy?