Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

Post by Nena »

Discuss all Twilight fanfiction here.
You know the rules. Someone pm a moderator when this thread gets to 100 pages. Thanks.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by ForJazz926 »

Two words: Wide Awake. *melts into a puddle*

Image Image
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

This is probably an umbrella topic but I have a feeling it will quickly be dominated by Wide Awake.
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!!! It has to be the WA thread. Like Genevieve said, probably the umbrella but like we're going to bring up anything else!!!!

Ooooh, we should have rules about discussion topics and spoilers. For instance, I really want to talk about Bella not wanting Edward to touch her in 49, but that might ruin something for some folks....What do you think ?

Oh, and as we know that this will most likely be the main topic for discussion...

Wide Awake <--- here's the link for any as yet uninitated souls.

Description: Edward and Bella have dark pasts that leave them severely emotionally scarred, with nightmares that force them to stay awake. They meet and begin to form a bond during the night hours. AH, Highly OOC, Rated M--> and we mean MMMMM... :lol:

Warnings: 1) Clear your calendar. There's a reason we call it crack. It is seriously addictive and nigh on impossible to stop reading. 2) DO NOT read at work, school or other public places where screaming, crying, shaking of your computer, outright laughter, or suppressed moaning might be disturbing to others...or get you in trouble. 3) Expect insomnia. Again, crack like and you can't stop reading no matter what hour of WTF o'clock it is... 4) Beware of EdwardMouth Syndrome. F-bombs will fly from you mouth in ways you never thought possible. It's okay. There's a support group for that, too.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Ooh, drat- I was previewing my post for WA but Jazz Girl beat me to it. :lol:

And I think we should mark spoilers as we go, for the sake of those who haven't read it yet.
rockbandstar
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by rockbandstar »

Squeals!

I just read it not too long ago (you guys know this though) and can't WAIT to discuss it!

*does a little dance*
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Alright, let's start the ball rolling then....

Let's start with general discussion...general impressions of WA...love it, hate it, indifferent to it? Surprises? Thoughts in general?

As I posed the question, I'll start the answer. Knowing how vague my earlier post was ( :lol: ) I'll just clarify. LOVED IT!!!!! I seriously think it is one of the best things I have read. Even without the Twilight connection, I would love the story, but the TwiConnection makes the characters all the more wonderful, and also the angst that much harder. Plus, there's all the WTF moments where you are seriously just completely at a loss of how a character could be so much the same and yet do something soooooo far out of character....or those moments when you seriously start to wonder if SM would have written her characters in that way, if she was a little less religiously bound (I don't mean that negatively at all, I am thinking someone like Jessica cufking Stanly, for instance. :evil: )

Surprises; the character I spent the majority of the book wanting to strangle was Esme. She's on the road to redemption, but not quite all the way there. We'll see what 50 and the epi hold...

General thought; I HATE that it has to end, though I am sure my emotions and body will appreciate a break from the withdrawl symptoms when it takes AG 4 weeks to post an update.

There. I gave you a topic. Discuss. :lol: :lol:

** Jazz Girl is doing a serious, serious happy dance, kind of like Alice on crack**
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

My initial reaction was pleasant surprise. Y'all know I lurked in the RP threads, and people kept bringing WA up, so I finally asked where it was and started reading.

It's so different from TW, and yet so similar, that it blows my mind. I especially love finding all the little TW references hidden here and there. And as I've said before, I've found that WA is intruding where it shouldn't, such as my own fanfic that's still in progress... Never before has my character wanted to drop an f-bomb, and yet he seems all too willing to do it now. :lol:
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

When I started reading it, I didn't get far. I was like...seriously? Edward and Jasper are both delinquent jerks and no one's a vampire? I wasn't excited and I was highly disappointed that I didn't like it after all of the hype I'd heard. But I kept reading. And HOLY BALLS ON FIRE I am glad I did. These characters are gorgeous. GOR-JUS. I love them, and the writing is gut-wrenchingly beautiful. And so super clever - I love how she has kept all of the Twilight character traits intact pretty much - but developed perfectly logical "human" reasons for them being that way. It's like the story of Twilight with all of the fantasy removed, and the beauty and angst accentuated. I heart her.

Image Image
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Woohoo! We got our thread! :D I am soo happy! *does happy dance with Caryn, also looking like Alice on crack*
Jazz Girl wrote:Let's start with general discussion...general impressions of WA...love it, hate it, indifferent to it? Surprises? Thoughts in general?
Note: There is a spoiler below...it is in tiny font size

Well, of course I love it! When it first started I thought 'How on earth are they [Edward/Bella] going to ever get together with the way they are? Especially since Bella had (and sorta still has) that issue with men. But I was pleasentely surprised with the idea Edward had for her to become 'de-sensatized' to him. And Thanksgiving was :o :shock: when Bella climbed into his bed. And I was also surprised with the CPOV...it helped me figure out what was going on. But I still don't like Esme. I am just happy that they are where they are again and can't wait-yet don't want it to end-for the epilogue.

Question: Can I get a pat on the back or something for the lovely petition? Oh and Narnia (aka Naureen/who_needs_fangs?) because she helped come up with the idea of a petition.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed