Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by Ally_Cat »

Hello my lexilings!

I had my Theatre presentation for my Alice in Wonderland costume designs today. Now I am officially done with school for the year!! I took pics of my sketches and will post them on FB if anyone is interested.

Harrian - There is no need to apologize about being sucked in by Darkward. We all understand the addiction. The lexily could work as a Darkward rehab if we weren't such enablers :lol:

Sarah - I wish I could provided you with some good stuff, but I've got nothing. Sorry. Hope your trip isn't completely dull.

Rachel - Good Luck With Finals!

Random Me-ness:

Right now I'm enjoying some delicious "Loaded Potato Soup" from Fatz Cafe. I don't know how many of you in the US have a Fatz in your area and know what soup I'm talking about, but it is my favorite! Its more like really creamy mashed potatoes than a soup. I just wanted to share my food delight with everyone ;)

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut. Yay, I always love getting my hair cut. I'm not sure how I want it styled yet though.
Next I need to make an appointment to get my wisdom teeth taken out :?

*Hugs all around*
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Yes Ally post it!!!

I just got a c from my Poli Sci teacher for "doing exactly as I asked...just not enough." WTF!?
Wouldn't that mean i did not do exactly as she asked? She's the type that gets annoyed if your opinion differs than hers. She is an EXTREME liberal. So I'm guessing she won't change it anytime soon lol...oiye!

Anyway happier news...I got a new cell phone and I have texting yay!

Oh, and don't anyone shoot me...but I <3 twilight...just dont think it should be up for MTV movie award's as best movie of the year...do you?

I'm also wondering why kids don't zonk out from spending all day in the sun like I want to do?

NINNA HUGS!!!

Sry being random!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@rose BDB are so much fun, ive recommended them to my best friend aswell. Does anyone know when the new book comes out in paperback? im not sure if i can wait.

@ally, please give us a ,link, i always love designs.

@mrk, twilight is up for mtv movie awards? sorry, but thats -weird. Its NOT a good movie, especially not if you havent read the book, so i dont think it should be in the list.

Have roamed through my closet and chosen some stuff to sell, will give us some extra money this month, if they sell good. I have so many clothes! Have been talking with my friend about going to a big market and selling stuff there. Wholesale dealers come and buy a lot of stuff there and that way you can get some money for clothes that are sitting in your closet and arent worth lots of money. (i stil have clothes from like 15 yrs ago that still fit and look brandnew. I almost never tear clothing, and stuff stays pretty good.) I put up the stuff thats still worth something now. I even have brand new black patent dr martens that are to wide for me, hope those will sell. New they cost like 100 euros and i only want 50 for them. Still have my gangsta pranksta dress to sell aswell. Just have to have some luck with stuff like that, someone looking for that one thing.

And ofcourse im hoping the taxes will be fast this yr. we get a lot of money back and are going to buy ourselves some leather pants. Im going for a red one! (and since ive scored a red leather corset on ebay, i might be going as a mord sith to the next EFF!) But taxes being taxes, they probably will be late. Once it took them till august to give us back the money! I even had to call them like a 100 times to know it went form office to office all over the country. Just my luck. I did get some interest because of it though. But everytime we could really use the money, they're late.
And their slogan is 'we cant make it easier' like wtf?

Does someone know some nice gifts to a 20something girl? Normally i always know the perfect gift but for some reason im totally blank now. On the 15th its my sisterinlaws bday. The one who is pregnant now. She doesnt want any babystuuf (i already gave her some anyway), and i have no idea what to get her. So im calling in the lexlings help!

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Kes
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kes »

It's currently 2:09am in the morning in England and, having revised for 10 hours today, i'm finally allowing myself to deviate from Medieval crap and Richard III and do fun things. Though I think my perception of 'fun' has been forever altered after today. Suxor.

Becca: My Facebook is always on the Pirate setting! It just makes things so much better. I love how the terminology is now used in everyday situations. eg. 'I went to a right grog fest t'other day.' and 'This be pleasin' to me eye.' Pirates have all the best stuff :[

HarrianCullen: I'm not sure if i've introduced myself to you yet - I have the memory of a sieve and I haven't been on here for a while - but I'm Kes! 20, London. A big hello from a fellow Brit :] And I have to say that Angharad is one of my favourite names in the world, you lucky bugger!

Rose: Good Luck! I'm sending good vibes your way.

Ally: Thanks to you, i'm now going to try every variation of Potato soup I know until I make something that sounds as nice as that! Chances are I will just eat a bowl of mash with a spoon.

MRK: I completely agree about the MTV award, but that might be because I'm still not sure about the film. I'm impressed it was so successful, but that does not instantly make it one of the best films of the year. The same can be said for Slumdog Millionaire, in my opinion. They were good, but not that good. Perhaps i'm just cynical, which is actually quite probably.

Jasmine: I've been checking out your Peacock outfit on Facebook and it looks beautiful - you did an amazing job with it. And those red leather trousers sound muy calliente, mami!

Getting my egocentric on: It's pretty much revision city up in my house at the moment. It would be so much easier if I didn't get distracted so easily my such ridiculous things. For example, I genuinely spent a good 20 minutes watching a cat that was sitting on a garage roof outside my bedroom window, who was in turn watching another cat chasing a bird. I swear to God, it was about as thrilling as snooker. Which, incidentally, is dull as fuck.

I then started thinking of Bill Bailey (frikkin' amazing British comedian for those that don't know him), and his suggestion that you can paint your toenails to look like talons, so when you pick up mice with your feet you can pretend you're an eagle; a line which made me laugh so hard it physically hurt to breathe afterwards. I then went on to watch his entire 'Part Troll' show and kill a further hour or two.

Hope everyone's in good keeping.

I'll leave you with a love song by the aforementioned genius that is Bill Bailey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr2zvmsS9Ck
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."- Oscar Lavant
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Actually, I think Twilight is exactly where it belongs at MTV movie awards, does that tell you anything about what I like the movies they usually have (or that channel in general...)
It's right in there with all the teen-flirting cheap crap they usually broadcast.

Ninna got a package from Becca. Ninna's got a new purple friend. NINNA'S GOT SKITTLES!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pictures in the blogg (click on the website icon under my avvie if you're curious)

Gotta go, just snuck in to say I am still here, lurking... just not posting so much! Luvs you all!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

OMG LEXILYS!!!!!!!!! I missed you guys so much!!!!!! I know I know, I've been gone for a while. That's what happens when ff.net takes over your life. Haha

I've been working on my story like mad and then the other day another story popped into my head so I started working on that one. So now I'm writing two stories. I don't usually do that, but whatever. It works for me.

I had to babysit with Shane on Saturday. We got pizza and went over to his aunts and uncles to watch his cousin. She's almost five and for some reason was a ball of energy. Finally we got her to bed and sat down to watch the Blackhawks play the Redwings. We wanted to Redwings to win. No such luck. I wrote a little bit of the new story and we watched some baseball. The Phillies were playing the Mets and thank god the Phills won. We talked about how we want a huge house when we do get a house. It was an interesting night.

The next day we had to watch his brother and take him to his hockey game. Which was interesting. They lost, but they knew they were going to. Plus his brother got a penalty for no reason. Stupid bad calls. I swear there is a big target on the Whalen boy's. They are not meant to have things go their way during hockey. Shane has a game tomorrow night that I'm actually pissed off about. There's a new episode of NCIS on and it's got a lot of hotness going on. First off you got all the main people, but then add on Chris O Donnell and LL Cool J. UGH! Then Shane goes you can't watch it until I get home from work on Wednesday. It'll be on Demand so we can watch it the next day. I was like screw you. You suck.

Okay I'm off to finish this chapter of the new story and maybe start reading another. So until next time.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Good morning lexlot...

Now I know I have a slight case of Obsessive Cullen Disorder, but this morning was weird, so weird I thought I might be on candid camera.

Due to my OCD mentioned above I allways keep an eye out for Volvo's, especially silver ones, yeah sad, I know. Every once in a while I see one, ONE, on my way to work. Today I counted six silver volvo's on my 20 minute bike ride to work, not to mention something like ten or more Volvo's in other colours. Now I understand this sounds silly, but still, weird morning.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@Kes, thanx. Yeah i cant wait to get myself some new leather pants!

I just bought myself blond extensions...yes BLONDE. They are very light, so in my black hair itll probably look more towards white, which is why i bought them. You see, normally if you want to buy one strand of a diff colour it costs like 8 euro a piece. Now i bought a 30 cm wide piece with 6 clips in it for 10 euro. So im going to divide it i nto 6 pieces, which makes them really cheap! To bad they didnt have red, just blond, brown and black. Oh well, its still cool :)

Also picked up my shoes, the soles were loose and i dont have enough money too buy new working shoes now. I need sportshoes for work who are flexible but with a thick sole. Anyway, it only cost me 3 euro! hahaha. Cant buy new ones for that kind of money. Now i can at least work with them for the rest of the month.

thats about it for me. wheres obie?

[edit]
btw i really had to laugh when i got back from doing groceries and getting sids medicines.
2 lill kids were riding on plastic tractors and were racing it hard against the wall and laughing out loud. They must be young members of Why are we talking about a donkey?, hahaah

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

ey guys, been gone for a bit, working on my house.

Been doing lots of paving, painting, removing of cabinets, painting of cabinets, cutting pavers with an angle grinder, shoveling paving sand, etc etc etc.

As a result, I've been pretty buggered at night and have had no time for here, can you believe it.

Also, carting 1500 bricks by hand certainly makes up for not making it to the gym recently. My arms are gonna be in good shape by the time I get to finish off my forearm tattoo.

Other than that, not much else going on. I've got 5 weeks at work with no second pharmacist, only the owner pharmacists, who's presence at work does not mean assistance with work, as they get preoccupied with other stuff. This is because my second pharmacist is over in Europe.

It's all good, though, because she's a little high strung, and while she's on holiday over there, the staff get a holiday from her!

You ever experienced that situation where someone younger than you is your boss, and they don't know how to be the boss and be gracious about it at the same time? This is how she is with the staff. Not good for your popularity.

I, on the other hand, get comments like "he's the best boss I've ever worked for" (not to my face, via husbands etc). This is very cool, and also very correct ;)

Anyway, anyone up to much interesting?
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
HarriannCullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by HarriannCullen »

Thank you for being soooo understanding peoples!
I w3as horrified last night when I thought I had fiished it on chapter 43, I nearly cried :cry:
On top of that, I have had Rebel Yell - billy Idol, playing through my head all day, and all I
could think about was Darkward and Bella!!!
NOT GOOD when you work in a supermarket!
Hope you are all well XXXX
Thank you threethings for the banners x
Midnight Sun virign, as it isn't perfect yet.