Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Syd - :o :shock: YOU warned her?! :o :shock: Okay I understand you're reasons but she is not you and...and...just why!? :cry: You shouldn't do that to people. :cry: Okay I'm done with that now...

Rose - Yay! I'm soooo happy you are reading it! I see you all the time on the Randies thread and now...you're here! :D

Everyone from the Rob as Eddie thread - I think I should be deemed 'Keeper of the Petition' of something like that. What do ya think? :lol:

Sandy - Your welcome! I thought we wouldn't reach 20 names there for a bit...but we did! :D I'm so happy, right now. You have no idea.

For those who have no idea what I am talking about above, I was the one who had the petition for a WA thread. I sent the 21 names I had to Nena somewhat begging, but in a buissness like manner if we could have a WA thread. So she gave us this!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Blasphemous_Contessa~ You've been warned. Now your being encouraged. I swear you will NEVER regret the experience that is Wide Awake!! Think of it this way. By the time you get to 49, 50 and the epi are likely to have been posted and you won't suffer the withdrawl the rest of us have lived through. Come on!! Everyone else is doing it!! :twisted: :lol:

Midnight_Sun~ I'll do it. I will officially dub you Keeper of the Names. I think that sounds a lot better than the other. You rock my sox.

Rose~ I too am succumbing to Of Gemini & Gypsies. I am really hoping she finsihes Wa before we get too deep in that one. My heart con only take so much at a time. I am still too busy praying to deities and whatever else will listen for her to 1) post 50, 2) post the epi, and 3) to survive both.

Mrs. Edward_Cullen<3~ Oh Dear Gods. 44!!! Hold on. It gets better, I promise. Don't give up hope!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Jazz Girl - :lol: Talk about peer pressure towards Blasphemous_Contessa! Geez! Oh and I love that name sooo much better! :lol: And speaking of special names and such...I am surprised that you do not have the special rank of High Priestess of Cullenism yet.

Bri - Yes, hold on and it will be much better soon. We promise!

And what has become our 'sub topic' Gemini & Gypsies (G&G) I think I will be reading that very soon as well. But I think I will wait for WA to be done with. That way I can indulge myself in G&G while I wallow in my sorrow over WA ending.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I have read Wide Awake through twice. Little nibblets just keep rearing their heads at me. Despite Darkward - Edward is still beautiful, tender, a cussin' class act - one hell of a man to me. Whoa and I mean #$%@! W.H.O.A!!! Edward & Bella and their whole dynamic is still paramount to AG - still the canon of the storyline. I'm glad she never varied from that.

I love the human sphere she has woven this story with. I like the absence of some characters and the addition of others.
Here's a thought - remember in New Moon and Jacob became the new force in Bella's life? Well,in WA, how about trying on Carmen as the new force in Bella's life. Jacob tried to lure/woo Bella(romantic) and in WA, Carmen is helping Bella with her issues and her dependence on Edward and his touch. She does not appear to be a "villian" but still a potential barrier. And Edward wants to meet this person who seems to know his girl now better than he does.

I like how she has the characters stay true to their personalities. How they make Twilight-oriented statements...Edward wishing he could read Bella's mind but his luck she would be immune to it. Alice telling Bella she always knew Edward & Bella would be together "Call it intuition" she says. Emmett and his strength and good nature, Jasper and his ability to detect moods, Rosalie and her great beauty, Esme and her maternal gentleness, Carlisle and his compassion and refinement and of course the secondary characters of Newton-man Vulgar Language Is Ugly, Jessica - Vulgar Language Is Ugly. :lol: You get the point.

The beauty of AG's work is that she stays parallel with the stories. Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse...
We are told to expect cake!! Yay!. Of course that can have many meanings and like she stated in her interview with
CullenBoysAnonymous there are still issues these two will need to work through - they don't call her angstgoddess for nothing. ;)

Magnificently written - best fan-fic EVER!!!

Totally, unabashedly addicted. Man, am I glad this thread was created. I'm in heaven! Whoot!!

Oh, and Geminis & Gypsies is another addiction waiting to happen for me.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Midnight_Sun~ Nah! I am content merely to be priestess, but if my sisters and brothers choose to promote me, than I will of course serve as deemed appropriate.

Navarre~ Gods, it is absolutely true. Hands down the BEST CUFKING FANFIC EVER!!

When last we heard, she was working on Chapter 50 before 49 was even posted. So, my hope is maybe another week or so. I seriously cannot wait. I never want it to end, but I can't wait to know what happens. I am so totally dating myself, but in the immortal words of John Mellencamp, "Hurts so good!!!!"
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

okay so I've started to read WA, I just finished ch. 35, and I just wanted to double check where I should be reading it. can someone link me to where I should be reading it from? thanks : )

btw I love it, it's excellent! it was a bit addicting at first but now I can take breaks from it with dying to read it, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited to keep reading lol, I'm just not suffering anymore, I dunno how I do it, I wish I could tell you guys so it could help you.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

MandyB7~ the best and only place to read it is AG's LiveJournal account. Wide Awake <--- here is the direct link. She started off with it on FanFiction.Net, but there was some bruhaha and a little ruckus thrown in over some of the contents of some of the chapters. So, she picked up and moved the whole bloody thing to LJ.

Also, be sure to read through the comments. There are some fantabulous little areas where she adds some really cool insight to some things...and some cufking hilarious commentary as well.

And, don't worry. While some would appreciate the secret to the lack of withdrawl, I seriously secretly welcome the pain. It's sick, I know. But, it's just a part of the experience for me now.

So, I am rereading and I just finished 25... Oh Good Gods... "It was hands down the happiest cufking moment of my entire existence." *sigh* Ach, if only....
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

Jazz Girl wrote:MandyB7~ the best and only place to read it is AG's LiveJournal account. Wide Awake <--- here is the direct link. She started off with it on FanFiction.Net, but there was some bruhaha and a little ruckus thrown in over some of the contents of some of the chapters. So, she picked up and moved the whole bloody thing to LJ.

Also, be sure to read through the comments. There are some fantabulous little areas where she adds some really cool insight to some things...and some cufking hilarious commentary as well.

And, don't worry. While some would appreciate the secret to the lack of withdrawl, I seriously secretly welcome the pain. It's sick, I know. But, it's just a part of the experience for me now.

So, I am rereading and I just finished 25... Oh Good Gods... "It was hands down the happiest cufking moment of my entire existence." *sigh* Ach, if only....
haha awesome. Thank you very much!
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

So in honour of the new Fanfiction Discussion *cougbh*WA Addicts*cough* Thread, I baked cookies :D

I don't know how CookieBella manages to bake in the middle of the night and not burn the house down. I completely forgot an ingredient in the recipe and it was still only 10pm.

I'll post a review of my undying love for WA in the morning (as well as a review for The Submissive 'cuz I just finished that today). Until then I virtually share my Short-story Shortbread cookies and Almost Right Amaretti with all of you.

Happy reading!
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Hai lovies. Page 4 :O

Anywho, Im about to continue reading WA. Tryna get past Carlisles POV (i find it boring(

Awwwwwwwww
awwwwwwww my fav chapter is 37, up until Carlisle appeared :l
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart