Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

jasmine wrote:
thats about it for me. wheres obie?
I'm here! Sorry I've been gone. I've been out sick for about the past week (will give more details later) but I'm feeling slowly but surely better. I'll be back to work tomorrow afternoon after a long self imposed vacation doing absolutely nothing. Huge storms ripped power from our area this past weekend, so internet and phone were totally down (thanks Holls for making it not suck so much with book recommendations and texts) and are now fully restored.

I know I've probably missed a ton on here but I promise I'll catch up and by Thursday I'll be annoying the crap out of you all once again.

BTW---I'm totally into those Sookie Stackhouse books now on Holly's recommendation. Not as thick or as angsty as Twilight; but some hot vamp action. I'm on the third one now.

I've missed you peeps! Jas---I totally was scoping those pics you posted on facebook of you and Nocs---Jeez---have you people seen how hot that couple is? It puts the rest of us to shame I tell ya. To shame. And thanks for my Lush addiction by the way---they should be giving you commission for what I spend in there it's unreal.

Off to read more fanfic and ponder the world's quandries. Just finished Stitches and Scars, and that was good if you like a human doctor edward. I forget the one I read recently that was just gawd awful. I'm about to start Bella Hale---so Bella was adopted by the cullens at a very young age apparently and has to grow up with a very akward vampire brother type edward. Got a ton of reviews, so we shall see.

Happy cinco de mayo people! In Texas, that means Happy 5th of May and also "Stuff your fat face with Mexican food" so I'm making taco salads. It's healthy---er, for the most part. If you take out the cheese, sour cream, guacamole and stuff, I'm sure it's healthy. Oh, and the fried chip bowl thing. lol.

Hope everyone is living the dream!

A radiant Obie!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Hello my lovely lexings! Have you missed me, heheheSorry I have been MIA too lately, but I have been just going through some personal stuff and retreated back into my turtle shell. Just have crappy family stuff going on that has been hard to deal with and I dont' like to talk about it so I repress stuff and then it hits me at once. I have been on FB bc it is easier for me to be cheery over there and chat away w/o really thinking too much, hope that makes sense. But I have been reading the lex and keeping up, but just haven't been posting. So I guess I am a voyeur. Yeah I like it kinky like that, OK not really, but I am good for a laugh.

Anyway, my computer completely crashed on Friday night and I was down for the count this whole weekend. THen I was going through Lex and FB withdrawal!!!! I spent 4 hours on the phone talking to the Gateway people in India and trying to understand the accent. They were all very nice, but still hard to understand. Basically we had to start all over from scratch and I lost everything I had. Did I mention I just got my laptop in Sept of last year, so there is no reason for it to be crashing. WTF!!! Luckily I had my 130 page thesis saved on additional jump drive and a printed copy. I have learned my lesson about that in the past. Thankfully otherwise I think I would have gone postal and been a raving made biyatch!!!

Just finished chowing down on lovely Mexican food for Cinco De Mayo. We had guacamole, chips, salsa, quesadillas, fajitas, tamales and beans of course. Bc who doesn't love a good bean. But yeah it was a tone of food and a ton of leftovers, but it was enjoyed. I still need me a fat Margarita though carried in by a lovely male named Paco. Anyone know anyone named Paco??? LOL

Lets see what else...oh yes have been engrossed with the latest BDB black dagger brotherhood novel and am liking it so far, but it is taking me a smidgen longer to get into than the last, but I think that is bc I am tired and distracted by a lot. It is spring and I am loving the outdoor weather and also have been addicted to watching Weeds, thanks to Becca. But I have been having a hard time with my shoulder and physical therapy. I messed it up somehow and now have been put on "DONT DO ANYTHING OR WE WILL KILL YOU DUTY" basically that means don't move your shoulder. So in order to make sure I follow the orders they taped up my whole shoulder good and tight. Which actually feels good, bc it feels stable and not all loose and Would you PLEASE stop trying to get round the filters?. BUt yeah sitting here with ice on my shoulder and advil, so I hope the flair up dies down.

BTW to all the new people. I am Megan/Dazz/Razzle Dazzle. I am 26 and live in Chicago, IL. Have been apart of the LExily since before we made up lexily and lexlings, heheh. But yeah glad to see you all here.

Rach-Good Luck with Finals sweetie!!!

Sarah- I saw the same movie this weekend and thought the same thing about it. It isnt' my 1st choice, but my friend's dad passed away and I let her choose which movie she wanted to see, art of distraction and that is what she wanted. I am going to go see Wolverine this weekend and hope to see Star Trek too, but not sure if I can squeeze that in as well.

Ally- I<3 getting my hair cut too! I really enjoy the process and I am so overdue.

Janny-I hope you get some good money for all the clothes you want to sell. I have been going through my closet like mad, but I just donate them to good will over here. I have never sold anything, plus I know I can't get a tax write off for donating too. SO it works for me.

Ninna- do we know when the dragon-pup is supposed to arrive yet????

Pharmer- Hello!!! Your younger boss seems like a royal pain in the a$$! She needs to have an attitude adjustment. I hope the house is coming along well!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

oh wow a 20 something's thread, how did I miss this? is it new?

anyways, Hi everyone, how's it going! I'm Amanda, I'm 20 and live in Ontario just outside of Toronto : )
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Hi--I've been on the JOF thread all this time and never new this existed. I'm Jen; I'm 24 and I live in Iowa, in a teeny weeny itty bitty nowhere town.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Ok, time to fess up...
I'm becoming what Obie so loathingly calls a breader...
The dragon-pup is due November 1st, so I have big hopes for seeing the NM premiere :mrgreen:

Welcome newbies, I'm Ninna, 25, from Finland.
GenY is by all means OLD! This is thread 5 or 6, but it may also be #7, if I wasn't in on the first...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Congratulations Ninna!!
That's wonderfull news! :D
Hope everything goes very well.
*does a happy dance*

Breaking Dawn, or wether the lack of it Do any other contries experience this? Well since my copy got stolen, well lend out and never returned, but that's the same. I wanted to buy a new copy in London. But every single store only had hardbacks of BD. Weird huh! Couldn't do that cause 1. That (together with the other 6 books I bought) would way to much in my suitcase and 2. All the others are paperbacks, so he'd stand out to much.
Then I came home and in a lot of stores here they now carry the english saga. Well the first three, but breaking dawn was never to be found.
So I ordered it in (again, yes) and it's supposed to arrive tonight. I was scared it'd be gonne forever.
Is Breaking Dawn still easily to get where you live?
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Happy Cinco de Mayo my Lexlings! Well, I guess it's not even Cinco de Mayo anymore for most of you...

Jasmine- Can't wait to see the blond on you! Sounds fun :D

Harriann- I see you have fallen victim to the amazingness that is Wide Awake :lol: The story literally kept me wide awake one whole night while I couldn't stop reading it. I swear it's almost better than Twilight itself!

Terry- Have you seen True Blood yet? It's the HBO show based on the Sookie Stackhouse books. I know Holly doesn't like it as much, but I like it better than the books personally. Jasmine and Sid are totally like the Brangelina of the Lexily! Damn them and their hotness *shakes fist at them* I'm totally addicted to fan fic as well. Bella Hale was good, haven't read the other. I've been really into these kinda uncanon, out of character stories with these naughty Twilight characters... kinda along the lines of WA I guess... hahaha They're great!

Megan- Hiya sweet cheeks! I feel like I haven't seen you in ages! Not that I've really ever SEEN you, but yeah... Your meal description made me drool. I had a frozen burrito :oops: I too need a nice large margarita, but I'm not such a fan of the name Paco... maybe Miguel or Juan? Or Javier... Bardem *drools* I just watched Vicky Christina Barcelona, finally a role where Javier gets to look like his sexy self. Anyway, sorry to go off on that tangent... I'm so sorry to hear about your shoulder!! :( I hope you take it easy and the damn thing gets back on the road to recovery! *hugs*

Ninna- OMG!! November 1st?!?!! *high fives, jumps up and down, hugs, and kisses* Less than SIX months away now!! You have to keep us updated on everything!!

Lies- When I bought the series, I could only find Eclipse and Breaking Dawn in hardcover. I looked for them in paperback, because I'm cheap like that, but couldn't find them here either. Good luck to you sweetie!

Welcome Jen and Mandy! I'm Samantha, 23 and I live in Los Angeles. As you can see, we are quite a merry, chatty little bunch so please jump right in and join the fun! As Ninna (wingtear) mentioned, this is actually like the 5th or 6th thread so far... which has actually always annoyed me that they never numbered our threads as they seem to do with all the others... grrrr... not that it really matters, but would be nice to know anyway.

Sooo.... not a whole lot going on here. Watching Six Feet Under, reading books, and reading fan fics... while applying for jobs... can't seem to focus on just one thing at a time. I went to the premiere screening of Jackson's new movie, Dread, tonight! It was super awesome, amazing, and wonderful for any Clive Barker, Jackson, or horror movie fans out there! So well done, I was really surprised at how good the story and the acting and the effects were. Sooo everyone should go see it, but be warned it's scary and gory. In other Twilight actor news, I can't wait to see Little Ashes on Friday!!

Oh, and even though I don't think she's ever on here anymore... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANA!!!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

(please excuse my irregular posting, and I will reply later to the others but...)

SARAH, YOU ROCK MY GEN Y SOX!!!!!
:mrgreen: You're awesome!!! :mrgreen:
The package made it this morning!! you only sent it yesterday!! I am in shock!! Royal Mail did something right!! ;)
I love love love it!! I laughed at some of the things that came out (you shall see when I send yours!) and that box decoration was spectacular!! Pictures will follow (I'm still in bed, not coherant enough to be vertical, but well enough to come running to the lex!)
FB adoration to follow lol :D :lol: :D
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Good morning Lexlot,

To the newbies,

I am Sidney, Jasmine's husband. I am 20 something it's just more something then most here, I'm 33 (I've got special permission). :D

I am:

- Tattooed (7 times)
- 1.89 meters tall
- Long haired
- Into all kinds of spiritual, religious, mythical, occult and essoteric stuff
- Friendly
- A Vampire fanatic
- Able to read and write in runes
- A Tarot reader
- A father, son, brother, husband, colleague and friend
- Hoplessly in love with Jasmine
- A musician, painter, poet, writer, tattoo designer
- A whisky enthousiast and my favorites are Lagavulin, Laphroaigh, Tomatin, Port Ellen, Ardbeg, Talisker
- A type 2 diabetic
- Weird in many ways
- A gamer (check my gamertag on xbox live, Nocturnal Lure)
- In need of more hours in a day, a 27 hour day sounds like an option
- Always "in the mood"
- A sufferer of Obsessive Cullen Disorder
- Unusually fond of Alice Cullen
- Happy for Wingtear
- Voting for Dragon Pup
- Done with this list

We don't have anything like Cinco de Mayo in the Netherlands, however every 5th of may we celbrate liberation day. Primarilly we celebrate the Nazi's getting kicked out of the country but nowadays we celebrate freedom as a whole.

@ Obie Good to hear or read you again! Hope you are getting better cause you have been sorely missed the last few days. Hope I didn't scare you off with my PM's (that will have them wondering for a while). :lol:

@ Megan Yes we missed you. A crashing computer can be so frustrating. My own PC isn't working at all (posting from work) I think it just got one infection too many and not the virus protection it should have, I am too cheap to spend money on that. Also the main reason I haven't been able to continue my fanfic for a while.

Well I should be getting back to work now, I 'll check on you peeps later,

Love, Nocturnal Lure

May the moon light your path
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Hi Mandy! I'm Amanda or Tilly or Till or T... or pretty much whatever you want to call me.

How has it been Lexlings? It's been an interesting couple of days.

Shane's team lost last night. Nothing shocking there considering they had like nine people. Whatever. I've been writing a ton. But that's to be expected. The weather here is flipping like a lightswitch. Seriously! It'll go from 80 freaking degrees one day to freaking 53 another day. It's frustrating when you pull out all your summery clothing and then all of a sudden you can't wear it. It's supposed to rain tonight. It's been raining for the past three days. *rolls eyes* whatever. I know I sound frustrated with the weather. I'm usually not. I usually love the rain. All of a sudden I don't like it. I don't like the sunshine right now either. Wow! I sound really screwed up.

Megan~ I understand the whole computer being messed up thing. I'm trying to convince Shane to get a new one. Ours is crap and it keeps freaking out on us. It likes to stop recognizing his external hard drive so I'm begging him to get a new one. He just won't listen to me.

Okay I'm off to pout about how the weather sucks all around. haha. later peoples!
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy