Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

pixiealice wrote:
mlola619 wrote:
Anyone else kinda annoyed by the fact that they only moved it for money purposes?

Boy, did it tick me off when I heard that! Just because they made enough money for the year, they need to save HBP for their blockbuster next year? Big SCR*W YOU to the fans!
I think changing the date will actually bring in less money for WB. Everybody's pretty much pissed off at WB right now so people are gonna boycott the movie. Hence, less money for them.
NiCoLeeLoCin
Wandering Through Town

Post by NiCoLeeLoCin »

I just couldn't believe when WB announced that the movie was going to be in July instead of Nov.
I remember when I told my parents, they were pretty dissapointed too. I don't know how they can let millions of fans down. I mean this is all about money. Just because they got so much money of Dark Knight...
But then again, because there is no Harry Potter this year, Twilight moved to November. I hope they release it sooner in the Netherlands also, I don't think I can wait till January :x
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

well im annoyed that date got changed
since i just got the latest issue on empire that has a huge spread on it
but il live
i have to say that in terms of HP movies
the first two were bad
the third one was genius
the forth one was good
and the fith one was good considering the stuff they had to work with
i think the sixth one will be super!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I really enjoyed the movies; I think they were great and they dont't 'get enough credit..believe it or not. lol

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

I saw a trailer for HP and Half Blood Prince today in the Cinema!! :o :shock:
Dear god! Are they trying to make me scream in sheer impatience?! Cause dammit I'll scream!! :!:
At first when I heard the HP music (it always sends shivers down my spine!) I freaked out! I got all squeaky and clappy and happy! But then I was like Why the hell are they showing a trailer for a movie that won't be out til July?!
Argh!
Well anyway it looks brilliant! So excited! Its all dark and evil! ee hee hee! :D
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Soo... there was a screening of Half Blood Prince tonight in Chicago... and I was there!!! :) Man, some parts were awesome. And some were not so awesome. And they aren't done with special effects yet... but still, I'm still in shock a little.

I'll check in and out for questions or messages. I'll have to think a little about what I think. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

soozabooza54 wrote:Soo... there was a screening of Half Blood Prince tonight in Chicago... and I was there!!! :) Man, some parts were awesome. And some were not so awesome. And they aren't done with special effects yet... but still, I'm still in shock a little.

I'll check in and out for questions or messages. I'll have to think a little about what I think. :)
GAHH! you're so lucky!
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

twilighter4eva wrote: here's a fun fact
the guy who's playing voldemort as a child is the actor who is playing older voldemort in real life's nephew! i thought that was cool.
Whoa! That's really cool!! I love creepy-kid Voldy. He's adorable! :D
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Nala
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nala »

Done waste your energy to punch me because I am just an old chicken from Germany.

I dont like the HP-movies.
they are so wide away from the books, just concentrated on the big bang, the effects.
I know that there have to change the plot but not that way!!!
They had a good touch to the book with the prisoner of askaban. I thought: Finally they read the book and then they are doing the film, but when I see this big clown trying to act as Dumbledore all my efforts to watch the movie with joy was gone.

Dumbledore never shouted, jumped like this dude Gambon did in the goblet of fire.
Ew- no, this is just commerce.
I prefer to read the books instead ( for the 100st time ;) )
ALWAYS _________________________ Image
_____________________sorry to the unknown artist, couldnt detect you. still: I adore this image so! thank you!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^I agree with you on Gambon, I NEVER liked him, ever. I'm glad he dies, not Richard Harris.

And I read the review Mugglenet has of the screening. It assuaged my hatred of booktomovie adaptions, especially where HP comes in. So long as there's good dead people scenes, and not a lot of Lavender, I think I might acutally like the movie... Oh, and lots of Quidditch!