Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by ringswraith »

Jadey wrote:
*spoiler* ~
When Darkward baked the cake, to butter her up to ask a question, I started hyperventilating.. cause I thought he was gunna ask her to marry him. Dumb, I know. Then I got disappointed when he wanted to meet Carmen.
What I wanna know is.. why? Does he want help to, or does he just wanna see what goes on.
1 chapter won't clear that up + other stuff.
Freaking ouuut.
Speculation on my part, but I think it's because he feels Carmen knows "his girl" better than he does, now. So he wants to see what Carmen knows. I also think that he wants to be part of the sessions because his life is tangled in Bella's, and he wants to be better for her as well.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jadey wrote:Gosh, watch your mouth girls!!
:lol:

I reckon she needs to publish it :l
But for me, its not like twilight where I can read it over and over.
With WA, ill read it, and wont wanna read it for a long time :S

*spoiler* ~
When Darkward baked the cake, to butter her up to ask a question, I started hyperventilating.. cause I thought he was gunna ask her to marry him. Dumb, I know. Then I got disappointed when he wanted to meet Carmen.
What I wanna know is.. why? Does he want help to, or does he just wanna see what goes on.
1 chapter won't clear that up + other stuff.
Freaking ouuut.
Unfortunately, we will have to wait to find out. But maybe the reason why it is taking so long is that Chapter 50 will be really long and hopefully a two-parter and then the Epilogue will be really, really long to wrap this up the way I hope it will go.

I don't think it is a bad thing for him to want to meet Carmen. Who knows maybe this will not only help him but Edward & Bella together. I am going to go with a positive outlook to this, but I feel there is still plenty o angst in store for us.

Hurry up, AG!!!!! Argh!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I hate Carmen, even though shes helping.
I hate Esme

;D
<3 everyone else though.
Last edited by Jadey on Wed May 06, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
navarre

Post by navarre »

Jadey wrote:I hate Carmen, even though shes helping.
I hate Esme

;D
<3 everyone else though.

:lol: Don't worry, it gets better.
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

Nena wrote:Ok, so I went to check out WA to see what the fuzz was all about .....Enough said.

Given that we are a PG13 discussion board, keep it clean girls. I haven't seen anything too bad yet, but I skipped whatever I thought was a spoiler, so I won't be able to do post clean up, until I am done.

And hey... I did noticed how you are working it around the filters. I obviously don't have enough time to go around doing massive clean up, so please go back to your posts and if you used a word that the filter would have caught if spelled properly, then it should be replaced with another word. Come on guys no need to use profanity to make your point. The English language has a wide lexicon, let's find some substitutes please? and innuendoes are allowed so no biggy there ;)
Sorry Nena. It's really hard though. How do you talk about WA, especially Darkward, and not use expletives? Unicorns are allowed but we just lost half of Darkward's vocabulary!

Would the use of pig latin or 1337 5p34|< (elite speak) be acceptable substitutes? Or would we need entirely new words?
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
navarre

Post by navarre »

GenevieveCullen wrote:
Nena wrote:Ok, so I went to check out WA to see what the fuzz was all about .....Enough said.

Given that we are a PG13 discussion board, keep it clean girls. I haven't seen anything too bad yet, but I skipped whatever I thought was a spoiler, so I won't be able to do post clean up, until I am done.

And hey... I did noticed how you are working it around the filters. I obviously don't have enough time to go around doing massive clean up, so please go back to your posts and if you used a word that the filter would have caught if spelled properly, then it should be replaced with another word. Come on guys no need to use profanity to make your point. The English language has a wide lexicon, let's find some substitutes please? and innuendoes are allowed so no biggy there ;)
Sorry Nena. It's really hard though. How do you talk about WA, especially Darkward, and not use expletives? Unicorns are allowed but we just lost half of Darkward's vocabulary!

Would the use of pig latin or 1337 5p34|< (elite speak) be acceptable substitutes? Or would we need entirely new words?
I am terrible at Pig Latin and you will need to tell me what "elite speak" is. Like using scientific names for expletives?
This whole changing of language dynamic will be challenging to say the @#$%! least. :D
I could just use symbols to get my point across. ;)
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

1337 5p34|< i5 741|<i|\|9 1i3|< |)i5.

And if you didn't understand that, then you wouldn't understand "leet." It's something used mostly by gamers and/or computer geeks. I can read it because I'm both, but heavens it makes my head hurt. :ugeek:
navarre

Post by navarre »

ringswraith wrote:1337 5p34|< i5 741|<i|\|9 1i3|< |)i5.

And if you didn't understand that, then you wouldn't understand "leet." It's something used mostly by gamers and/or computer geeks. I can read it because I'm both, but heavens it makes my head hurt. :ugeek:

Well then I guess I'm #$%@! :?

I'll be using symbols. ;)
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

ringswraith wrote:1337 5p34|< i5 741|<i|\|9 1i3|< |)i5.
Ill take a crack at it.

"leet speak is talking like this"
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

navarre wrote:I am terrible at Pig Latin and you will need to tell me what "elite speak" is. Like using scientific names for expletives?
This whole changing of language dynamic will be challenging to say the @#$%! least. :D
I could just use symbols to get my point across. ;)

Oh I can't speak pig latin to save my life :lol: but typing it is a lot easier. Eg: "igpay atinlay". First constant moves to back + "ay"

Leet speak is just phonetic spelling with characters switched to similar looking numbers. It's mostly used on gamer forums. It's my last resort since it can get complicated. **EDIT** Ok, Rings beat me to it 8|_|7 ! (0|_|1|) 0|_|7 1337 `/0|_|12 455 |\|3 |)4`/ Kidding! My inner male ego made me say it.

We could use the scientific terms like "phallus" and "fornication" but they just don't have the same ring to is as their same letter counterparts :(
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz