Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Jasmine. You guys have a Waterstone in Amsterdam???
Waauw... I envy you! I should go to Amsterdam then. With an empty suitcase :p
It's all fine, my copy arrived from Bol.com yesterdayevening. So no harm is done. I feel complete again :D
Thanks for all the help everybody!
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Lieziewiezie wrote:Jasmine. You guys have a Waterstone in Amsterdam???
Waauw... I envy you! I should go to Amsterdam then. With an empty suitcase :p
It's all fine, my copy arrived from Bol.com yesterdayevening. So no harm is done. I feel complete again :D
Thanks for all the help everybody!
A waterstone's and the American Book Centre wich is actually better, they have more and prices are usually better. (sorry for answering for my wife BTW hahahaha)

Good morning Lexlot,

@ Obie I used to have a band called the Lost Boys and my online name has always been LostBoy or Losty for friends (I changed it later because I felt I had changed too much to call myself lost anymore). For 21 years I had waited for a sequell to one of my favorite movies, fake scripts and fanfiction promising so much and then it came. The Lost Boys 2, the Tribe, cool name. Seldomly have I been so very deeply utterly dissapointed. Bad story, bad acting, the only thing I liked was the theme song which was the same as in part one. ARGH! Such a waste of celluloid, trying to find a balance between bad softcore eroticsim and splatter horror it succeeds in only one thing, annoying the crap out of everybody that loved the original as well as scaring away any newcommers to the title. WHich brongs me to the following idea for fun, post your top 5 vampire movies.

Mine:

1 Bram Stokers Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola)
2 Interview with a vampire
3 The Lost Boys
4 Near Dark (if you haven't seen it rent it today)
5 Twilight (It grew on me)

Love, Nocturnal Lure

May the moon light your path
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Happy Thursday my peeps!

Ok....so I'm running on four hours or so of sleep and I'm not in the best of moods yet---so forgive any typos or rants.

I'll start with Nocs----

Top 5 Vamp movies are pretty much the same as yours except I have still not seen Near Dark (which I will remedy soon) but instead would have to put 30 Days of Night (and even though the dude made some comments, I am REALLY excited about Eclipse director David Slade who directed this) and possibly 28 Days Later. Interview with a Vamp was awesome, probably the only Brad Pitt movie I actually thought he was hot in, and you can't not put Dracula on the list. Everyone knows I thought the movie Twilight sucked----good for eye candy, but the more I watched it the more I hated on it. As for Lost Boys:

I want to know who was the marketing genius in the boardroom that proposed putting Keifer's brother in there (Angus---freaking ANGUS) and writing some of the most Mystery Science Theatre-worthy parody lines ever known to man? That thing was HORRID. @CANT---I cannot believe you rented that lmao....STRAIGHT TO DVD DUDE! WE DON'T RENT STRAIGHT TO DVD OR ANYTHING WITH COREY FELDMAN PAST 1988 ANYMORE---IT'S A RULE. Just like with the American Pie movies, we don't rent anything that is a sequel of a movie made more than 10 years ago. I was even more shocked to find that there is ANOTHER Lost Boys straight to DVD movie being made as we speak and this sucker STARS Corey Feldman. STARS him people! How do these movies even make money? You better not rent that one! I mean it!

@Janny----I'm sorry---Sid needs groupies and I wouldn't be a good wingchick if I didn't point out hot dudes on the board to the newbies. It's part of the job description. Plus, you get to touch him---we have to put him in our spank bank lol. I'll comment on one of the pics I saw of you guys----you're all mugging for the camera and he's got his hair down and everything. Very Brangelina---or Jasid. Yes, the Sookie books are good---they are pretty light reads, sort of along the lines of BDB books from what I hear, and they started before Twilight but there are a bunch of similarites and I think you'd dig them. Vamps are legal in the book-waitress with mind reading (ala edward) abilities falls for one mostly because he's different and she can't read his mind (ala Bella). Trouble ensues. Worth a glance.

@Cant---glad it wasn't just me seeing the similarites of the two books. I kept stopping and saying "Huh." I'm shocked too that there isn't a lawsuit. I guess vampire canon stuff is fair game. I bet I can find the episodes online. Good thinking lol.

@Megs---yes, Ruthicon got hitched thank gawd. Thus all is quiet on that front for now although I have been inundated with pic after pic after roll of wedding barf to look at. Ugh. He's even MORE boring looking on camera. And yes, me and you in Finance would change the world. Or possibly cause another stock market crash. Either way, worth a shot. And read Bella Hale---Jas is right---it's really good. I was shocked I am reading it because I NEVER read anything that doesn't have a M rating. Ever. I luvs my smut. But this is good. Very well written.

@Ally---I feel you on Wide Awake. I have reread that sucker fourteen times already. I can't believe we are awaiting chapter 50. I know that there is going to be a sort of happy ending but I don't know how that's going to work since both our characters are so freaking screwed up. What will we read next? Probably Gemini and Gypsies...actually I'm digging it. I've read a bunch of Bella/Jasper fanfic (thanks Becs lol---some SMUTTY Jas and Bella fanfic I do believe...some even with Edward in there too lmao) so it's not weird for me to see them "together" even though they really aren't. I know some people didn't want to read it because she starts off traveling with Jasper, but I think it's cool.

Thanks to everyone for wishing me a speedy recovery from the flu. It actually turned out to not be the flu lol.

Clues to what ailment knocked Obie out of commission:

1. I'm looking at Will's egg mcmuffin with both nausea and hunger all at the same time.
2. I really think peanut nutter butters and pickle juice right now sound good.
3. The names alice (twilight) and noah (notebook) are constantly on my mind.
4. I'm eating saltine crackers by the dozen for the past week.
5. Apparently around the time Twilight was released lots of chicks got very happy with their mates.
6. I will follow Ninna by a month.

lol...if you guess (duh if you don't peeps) PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON FACEBOOK lol. We have yet to give any clue to the family (the one that is NOT the lex lol) yet and will do so on the appropriate holiday this weekend:)

I'm off to barf and THEN eat that egg mcmuffin and then barf again. :)

Obie:) :P
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Nocturnal Lure

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

@ Obie

I guess you will recover from this in a few months.

Congratz sweety
DHSHolly

Post by DHSHolly »

Obie, I've already told you but congratulations. :) Little obie running around. :) and ninna congrats as well. Two people on the lex Hmmm, I'm hoping I don't follow. lol I don't really want to be but I'm really happy for all those who are. :)

Alright the sookie books vs twilight. I really think there are enough differences, especially later in the series. And I don't think this is spoiling anything really but sookie can't read all vampires minds, so really bill isn't that special in the grand scheme of things. Again hopefully that doesn't spoil too much. :) But I like true blood, I don't know some of it got on my nerves. Plus I'm a sucker for a good first person story. :) and the sookie books are all in first person. Also the accent bill uses is like nails on the chalkboard for me, and sookie's voice is as well. I don't know just ugh can't stand her voice, so I think that colors my view of the show. although eric, yum, that is all.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

OH. My. GAWWWWDDDD. There are going to be more Obies on this world? I dont know if i want to hide in a corner and cry or break out in dancing and cheering...
seriously, congrats hun! hope you feel better soon. Oh btw, next time you shop for Lush, tell them the big news, some ingredients are better not used in your condition. (thats why i havent bought lush for my sisterinlaws bday, im now thinking about a bellyband(or 2) with a print on it , like 'coming soon' , ' mark did it' havent decided which one yet.)

Oh btw, which pic do you mean?

@lieze, yes we do, but i always go to american book store, great service, everything is easy to find(unlike at waterstone), and i have a pass which gives me 10% discount -always- and lots of other special occasiondiscounts. Was at the abc today and searched for breaking daw, they ahd the whole series in store. If you ever really need something, i could look for you? But you might be able to order from them yourself. I ordered a book and it arrived in 6 days, so thats pretty fast.

About the sookie books, ill try and look for them when i have more money otherwise im getting seriously frustrated. Im not sure if id like it if it is too similar to twilight, i wish i could see True Blood though, we dont have much fun shows on here.
I still am loaning books from a collegue of sid, so i have something to read, and i cant believe nobody has talked about them in here.
Anita Blake, vampire hunter. OBIE, trust me...LOTS of smut! (with werewolves AND vampires woohoo). go read it everyone, its like twilight, but for more mature ppl, and bella(anita) is a lill chick who raises zombies for a living and slays vampires and other 'monsters' for a living. But she also dates the master of the city (vampire), AND a werewolf. *grins* The farther you get into the series, the more smut there seems to be in it. And not just between her and her dates, hahahah.

@dazzled, damn, im not sure if i can wait for the paperback, i really want to read more. *sigh* mabe its good that i dont have the money for it now.
Went to the abc today to pick up a book for a friend and saw lots of stuff i wanted to have. for instance, the grimm fairytales book, on sale for halfprice...*sighs*

Bella Hale: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4668040/1/

Had a bit of a Twilightmoment today, i was walking home and this car came up, so i looked at the driver(i always do that, im an observer), and he looked like a blonde edward, only prettier(mcuh better eyebrows) (!!!!), and right when i was thinking that, he looked up at me with the strangest look on his face. Right in my eyes. And well, ppl normally dont do that, they tend to shy away from me, i seem to have an arrogant look or something. anyway, it was me who looked away this time, and i just had a very weird feeling about it, cant explain. Ppl in cars dont usually pay a lot attention to ppl on sidewalks, and they definately dont look them right in the eye while driving by. Not in my world anyway, haha.
Oh well, you guys probably wont understand what im babbling about, it was just a feelingthing, hard to explain.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
buffygrl3

Post by buffygrl3 »

Nocturnal Lure - The lost boys, fright night, Underworld, Interview with a vampire, Queen of the damned (way different from the book but Stewart townsend IS Lestat). It's not in order and I can't pick my all time favorites but eh.

obieewok- Oh my gosh. Congrats! I'm not sure if I should be frightened or overjoyed! :D

jasmine- I've never heard of Anita Blake, vampire hunter. It kinda sounds like Buffy the vamire slayer tv show. Which is of course my favorite of all time. Do you know where I could pick a copy up?

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I have no idea about bookstore in other countries, sorry. but here you have some info: http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/

And queen of the damned...seriously? That was one of the worst movies ive ever seen. The book is way way way better! And the acting..*sighs* Lets just say when ppl mees books up when they make a movie out of it, i always compare it to queen of the damned. (did that with twilight aswell, hahaha).

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Nocturnal Lure

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

buffygrl3 wrote:Nocturnal Lure - The lost boys, fright night, Underworld, Interview with a vampire, Queen of the damned (way different from the book but Stewart townsend IS Lestat).
Fright Night was fun, too bad they had to make a sequell. Underworld is good, really good, but every time I see it I have the feeling I mis something, like there should be more to it.

On queen of the damned, from book to screen, Townsend is a better Lestat, though Cruise did do a brilliant job in interview Townsend understands the character better I think. Other then that Queen was a big dissapointment to me, all the things I loved were left out, vampire origins and ancient vampires were great in the book and as good as absent in film. One of the songs "Forsaken" ( album version, not the in-movie one ) is on my al time favorite list though.
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

First of all congrats to Obie and Wingtear.

Next of all I am not sure I've even seen five Vampire movies. I have seen at least two: Interview with the Vampire and Twilight. I like Interview with the Vampire better though it's been awhile since I have seen it. As for Twilight I like it quite well. Or at least well enough.The only other vampire stuff I have watched is the tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer which is really good. I am seriously in need of buying fourth season again though as it was borrowed and I never managed to remember to get it back from the person.

At the moment I am watching Stardust on Showtime. I've seen it a few times now and rather like it. I saw my boyfriend last night/earlier this morning because he took the night off work. Rob works graveyard at Home Depot. On my way home from his place this morning my engine quit on me and I had to have it towed back to my house. Thank goodness for AAA.

Well, that's all I have for the moment because I am going to go to T-Mobile with my mom. I hope everyone is having a good Thursday.

*hugs*
Bells
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings