Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: The Host -- Q&A

Post by akire »

roseaurora wrote:I'm bugged by something...

We know that Jared was uncomfortable with the age difference between him and Mel, so why would did he help pick out a body for Wanda that was obviously so much younger than Ian? That part seemed odd to me....
I thought the point was to choose a nice young host b/c then it would "take" to Wanda better. Secretly, I wonder if SM has a Thing for the older man/younger woman combination.

Image Image Image
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

^ :lol:

Really? I never heard anything about a sequel, I thought it seemed pretty squared away.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

akire wrote:
I thought the point was to choose a nice young host b/c then it would "take" to Wanda better. Secretly, I wonder if SM has a Thing for the older man/younger woman combination.
It seems like she definitely has a thing for little woman/big man combinations. Not sure if she's really picky about age.

; P
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

roseaurora wrote:I'm bugged by something...

We know that Jared was uncomfortable with the age difference between him and Mel, so why would did he help pick out a body for Wanda that was obviously so much younger than Ian? That part seemed odd to me....

Since Jared had to wait for Melanie to turn 18 before he would touch her that way, it probably wouldn't bother him to have to see Ian go through that frustration as well, he'd prob get a kick out of it haha :D Of course, he didn't know that Wanda would lie about Pet's age :lol:
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
abigael_d
Settled in Forks

Post by abigael_d »

my question:

When Wanda went to the desert, she was riding a car (which i think is silver or black in color?). Because she ran out of gas, she has to leave the car in the desert...
So what happened to the car? I'm pretty sure it's not the Sedan the humans are using when raiding though...
But the reason why this matters to me is because Wanda's car could've been one thing that led the Seeker to think that Wanda IS somewhere in the desert. And i think the car is very far though from the directions Wanda had walked in the desert... but still, the Seeker could have spotted it and noticed how/why it's been abandoned and covered.

anyone know?

(or maybe i'm being kind of dumb for even thinking about that car hahahaha :P )
Follow me on TWITTER!
Follow me on Tumblr!
♥ Team Switzerland ♥ Team Ian O'Shea ♥ Shiver ♥ Glee ♥ A.Idol ♥ Titanic ♥ Taylor² ♥ David Archuleta ♥ 11 ♥
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I'm not positive, but I think they did find the car, and figured that by now Wanda would be dead. But the Seeker was sure that she was alive, which is why she kept searching.
I'm like 90% sure on this.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
lee lee
Settled in Forks

Post by lee lee »

abigael_d wrote:my question:

When Wanda went to the desert, she was riding a car (which i think is silver or black in color?). Because she ran out of gas, she has to leave the car in the desert...
So what happened to the car? I'm pretty sure it's not the Sedan the humans are using when raiding though...
But the reason why this matters to me is because Wanda's car could've been one thing that led the Seeker to think that Wanda IS somewhere in the desert. And i think the car is very far though from the directions Wanda had walked in the desert... but still, the Seeker could have spotted it and noticed how/why it's been abandoned and covered.

anyone know?

(or maybe i'm being kind of dumb for even thinking about that car hahahaha :P )
In the book Wanderer heard a discussion the boys were having about her seeker searching for her. They mentioned how she was looking around where they had dumped the car. That implies that they had moved it away from where she left it so as not to lead anyone towards the caves. With that said I think it's safe to assume that it is not the same car the humans were using on the raids. Wanderer was in the car and didn't mention recognizing it. With SM style of writing I think she would have put that in if it was the same car. Not to mention Im pretty sure they were different colors. One I believe was silver and one black. So the assumption would be that the car is still in the dessert wherever the boys put it and the seeker did find it. I hope that helps.
abigael_d
Settled in Forks

Post by abigael_d »

lee lee wrote:
In the book Wanderer heard a discussion the boys were having about her seeker searching for her. They mentioned how she was looking around where they had dumped the car. That implies that they had moved it away from where she left it so as not to lead anyone towards the caves. With that said I think it's safe to assume that it is not the same car the humans were using on the raids. Wanderer was in the car and didn't mention recognizing it. With SM style of writing I think she would have put that in if it was the same car. Not to mention Im pretty sure they were different colors. One I believe was silver and one black. So the assumption would be that the car is still in the dessert wherever the boys put it and the seeker did find it. I hope that helps.
oh trueeee..... that makes sense..... and thanks soooooo much! :)
Follow me on TWITTER!
Follow me on Tumblr!
♥ Team Switzerland ♥ Team Ian O'Shea ♥ Shiver ♥ Glee ♥ A.Idol ♥ Titanic ♥ Taylor² ♥ David Archuleta ♥ 11 ♥
lee lee
Settled in Forks

Post by lee lee »

Finding out later that Doc got really upset whenever he would kill to try to seperate the hosts from the humans, do you think he wanted to use Wanderer for that when they first found her and they had their confrontation, or was he just interested?
Oh-Marvelous-Things
Settled in Forks

Post by Oh-Marvelous-Things »

lee lee wrote:Finding out later that Doc got really upset whenever he would kill to try to seperate the hosts from the humans, do you think he wanted to use Wanderer for that when they first found her and they had their confrontation, or was he just interested?
I think it may have been a little of both, but I'm also unsure. I know that they continued to try to separate the souls from their hosts because they learned so much everytime they did it, and Doc didn't technically get upset until after they had failed in the attempts.
For the latest news on The Host movie, novel, and sequels, visit...
TheHostFan.com