A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 15 ~ The Cullens

Post by aliacullen »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?amazing i want to live ther

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
that they should adopt me i love them they have a really good relationship with each other and to the rest of the family

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?
no i didnt expect that it would a big diaster

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
i think edward since he is bringing someone who isnt the same as them while charlie doesnt know
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?
I thought it was a really nice and open place, I figured they wouldn't have it all dark, they would just want it to be normal and light.
2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
They seemed very careful and moved slowly, they really liked her and didn't want to scare her. They were also so nice and cheerful. I liked them.
3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?
It explained why Edward didn't want her off alone in the woods..I really didn't mind much, I thought they might just come and go, maybe Bella would get to see what the others were like and get a different impression of all the other non-vegetarian vampires.
4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
Bella, because Edward is so sure of everything and knows his family will like her, he isn't worried about them together, and he can hear Charlie's mind..Bella is more worried about what the Cullens will think because she doesn't know them at all..she is also more shy than Edward. Bella also doesn't want to explain to Charlie about Edward..
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

I have been creating that house for years. It’s the dream house that I want. Well minus the windowed wall to the south. But I freaking love that house.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her; she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
Seeing Carlisle outside of the hospital I was like wow he really does care about Edward and Bella. When she calls him Dr. Cullen and he says call me Carlisle I was like awww what a father in law thing to do. There was no doubt in my mind that Esme was a mother to Edward. The way she looked at him and the things she said were so motherly. You could see it.

I had a feeling it was going to come and bite them in the Why are we talking about a donkey?. They needed a confrontation for the end. I mean yes, there is the constant struggle with Edward, but he pretty much confessed that he wasn’t going to hurt her. He also said he wouldn’t let anyone else hurt her. That fact needed to be proven.

I think Bella was a million times more nervous to meet the Cullens. It’s almost like Edward had an edge with Charlie. Charlie likes the Cullens. As far as Bella was concerned, the Cullens and the two Hales weren’t too keen on her. So I think she was worried about that.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Architecturally, it sounded really amazing -- like nothing you've ever seen in real life. The house just confirmed how much cooler they are than your normal family. :)

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them?

Esme & Carlisle seemed very welcoming, very parental. They are obviously trying hard to make Bella feel comfortable in their home, but not TOO much because they don't want to scare her off.

It was really great foreshadowing... the brief mention did not, however, really pique my interest. I certainly didn't know what it was going to mean for the rest of the book.

Well, probably Edward because he was nervous for more reasons than Bella was -- nervous to expose her to a group of vampires AND nervous for her to meet his family.

Image Image Image
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in? My dream house!!! It really what I expected Light and Open

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them. Loving parents the fit into there role very well.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel? I just thought Edward would be very protective over the next couple of days I was totally shocked that James reacted that way to her.and took over the end of the book.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why? Bella she's more "human" here way less confident than Edward is.
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in? It sounds like the big old houses we have around were I live, the ones that are original to the land, except with modern updates like the south wall being all windows. It sounds like a dream house, wide open spaces and lots of windows, with a ton of curb appeal and charm.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them. Esme seems like she is full of love and caring for her family and those around her. I really like Esme. Carlisle seems to be very friendly and open about Edwards new relationship.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel? I figured that it would mean something. Stephanie, does not seem to write things just for the fun of it. They generally have something to do with the books in some way, even if we do not always pick up on it the first, second, third time through.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each others families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why? Bella, I think that when it comes to feelings it is hard for her to be "normal" Introducing a boyfriend to Charlie would just open a can of worms as far as questions and concerns that I don't think she would want to deal with. She also had no idea how the Cullen's would react to her. Edward can read everyone's thoughts, so he has an idea of what to expect.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

Wow...I wanna live here!!

Carlisle seemed caring, welcoming, and apparently nice to you in the hospital. Esme...let's sum it up in one word: sweet. Rose was annoying. Emmet was comfortable to be around. Alice was...well..Alice. :D and Jasper was nice enough to keep his distance. :lol:

I had no clue. I thought it was just a demonstration of alice's ability.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend.
Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
Bella. She's in a house full of vampires and they may not like her. *gasp* :lol:
Betting on Alice.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I was sure it was going to be spectacular. Bella had already noticed that the Cullens wore designer clothes and really nice cars. So I figured that their house was going to be something similar. I thought it was beautiful :)

Awwww I was totally happy. I thought they were very welcoming, they were really really nice to her :D

I had a hunch about it, but forgot it because they let go off the topic very fast.

Bella! Because she gets to meet the entire family, all of them being vampires and knowing she knows. Edward could be nervous but he's a really good actor, and he has the mind-reading advantage. Actually, he is willing to know Charlie, and Bella is nervous about it.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
rinalovetwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by rinalovetwilight »

Surprised it wasn't dark and I like there style.

I think they all seemed nice and sweet but I think Rosalie should have been nicer.

Nothing teally.

Edward, because I think he didn't want Bella to get hurt and was worrying.
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

I was very surprised by how large, open and white it was. I wasn't expecting coffins and cobwebs.. but I wasn't expecting glass walls and three stories for sure!

I found them to be very sweet. Being cautious towards her was a really polite. Having a human come to a house full of vampires would be very nerve-wrecking I imagine. Very old fashioned

It is said so briefly and not really discussed, that it is quite surprising it ends up into this huge situation.. the "action" of the book.

I'm pretty sure it's Bella. Going to a house full of vampires for one is very scary.. but I understood why she might think they wouldn't like her.. having special powers and being able to do so many things, it might make you feel pretty lame compared to everyone else.. even boring. Plus, Edward has been alive for so long, I imagine he doesn't get very nervous about things.. especially with the mind reading thing..