Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by fanMNM »

yea, I don't think I like the idea of Jane's power being more dramatic either. I think it would have been ok just seeing her victims falling down in serious pain, or even seizing from the pain or something...hmm...being thrown across the room seems a little much to me

Thank you Naureen!!
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

mandyb7 wrote:whoa apparently when Jane uses her power on Edward it like throws him across the room and into a wall, I guess they wanted to make it more visual and that's okay, sounds pretty intense.
I'm not excited about that -- but I can see why it's neccessary. As much as I love Rob (*points down*) & Rob's Edward, I think it would have been very difficult to convey *that much* mental pain on screen WITHOUT some sort of visual.

*gives MR & CW a pass for that one*

Image Image Image
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

akire wrote:The "Where else would I go?" line in the hospital scene is one of my fave lines in the film & the forehead smooch just MAKES it, doesn't it??
yes. that line always makes me want to cry.

i'm really looking forward to the break-up scene and the depression that bella goes though. i just hope kristen can pull that off and that it's as heartbreaking as in the book.

also, looking forward to the whole italy scenes/reunion.

i can see why they decided to have jane throw edward across the room, i don't think they could have really portrayed the mental pain all that well on screen. i'm not bothered by that at all.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Im not that happy about Jane thrashing Eddie against walls and whatnot.. I.. it just doesn't seem right.
It will be bloody awesome to watch.. but.. it like, defeats the whole purpose of Janes power. You're supposed to just lie there, in agony.. Having Edward flung everywhere makes Janes power seem... less scary?
I dunno.

If we see Janes power deal with stuff physically... then Bella wouldn't be immune to it?
I understand it's just to show what her power does.. But if it's shown like that.. then it's not just the mind.. its the physical body aswell? Or... will they do it so only we see Edward bashing against walls.. and no one else?
Like... the audience will see Edward fly everywhere (cause thats what Edward thinks is happening) but the Volturi and Bella/Alice will just see him on the ground?
I so confooooooooooooooooooooooosed.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I think you're right, Jadey. It would take away how Jane's power really works. And Bella isn't supposed to really understand right away why Edward is suddenly on the ground in pain. If he's thrown across the room, it would be pretty obvious what Jane did. But it really isn't. It's purely pshycological. I think they could show an enormous amount of pain by just letting him fall on his knees or something. It would take a lot of acting skills from Rob to convey that amount of pain with his eyes and his body, but he can certainly pull if off in my opinion.
Maybe they could do it like you say by showing us that Edward is thrown across the room. But they wouldn't be able to show that it's not really happening, would they? If so, they would have to flip between pictures of Edward flying and Edward on the floor. Otherwise everyone who doesn't know will think that Jane really did throw Edward across the room. And would he really be in pain at all if that was all Jane did? Throwing him across the room wouldn't hurt him at all, I think. I think she showed him a different kind of pain, something really horrific. And how would they show the she doesn't effect Bella? By not throwing her across the room? That would be strange... This is confusing. But I want more sublety (?spelling?) in this scene, to show how scary Jane is. That there is nothing you can do to defend yourself unless you're Bella.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

Subtlety... I think :?
And yeah, I agree. I wonder what Chris has planned.. but I just can't get my head around it.
Cause if Jane could throw people around... Edward would've seen it coming, and braced himself for being flung around.. but with Jane in the book, theres nothing Edward can do about it.. cause it's purely mental/psychological.
Im just confused. I just don't see how it would make sense.
The reason why everyones freaked out about her is because of her freaky power...
...but throwing someone around with her mind... doesn't have the same effect.
Dov thats a good idea, having images of Edward being thrashed about.. then flicking to images of bella seeing eddie on the floor in pain? Argh, I don't know.

I'm looking too much into it. I just need to forget about it, and trust handsome Chris. He's a smart cookie, and hes sexy. :lol: :?
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jadey wrote:Subtlety... I think :?
And yeah, I agree. I wonder what Chris has planned.. but I just can't get my head around it.
Cause if Jane could throw people around... Edward would've seen it coming, and braced himself for being flung around.. but with Jane in the book, theres nothing Edward can do about it.. cause it's purely mental/psychological.
Im just confused. I just don't see how it would make sense.

That's a very good point actually. Edward would have been prepared to be thrown across the room since he can read her mind, and I guess he could have prevented that from happening. But he was just powerless against what Jane did. We saw it clearly in the alley with Bella, how Edward resigned immidiately when Jane appeared. It actually surprised me. I was thinking; What can that girl do to make Edward just give up? So I figured she had some horrible powers. So if they are to explain/show how Edward reacts to Jane even before she has done anything, I think they need to come up with something more creative than just throwing him across the room. And Bella was also unsure of what to make of Edward's response to Jane.

Jadey wrote:
Dov thats a good idea, having images of Edward being thrashed about.. then flicking to images of bella seeing eddie on the floor in pain? Argh, I don't know.

I'm looking too much into it. I just need to forget about it, and trust handsome Chris. He's a smart cookie, and hes sexy. :lol: :?

I don't know if it's a good idea or not either. I really have no idea. It's just the only way I can see that anything like this will even be possible. If they are to stay true to the story, and show what Jane really does. If they don't care about that, then anything goes.
Gosh, I really need to find some good pictures of Chris. I've hardly even seen him, and you keep saying he's handsome :) *goes on google to take a look for myself*
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

NO!! Not google. He looks terrible in the google pics

8th article down (in the new moon vid)
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I know that I am getting ahead of myself, but if they have Jane's power be to throw people around, how are they going to translate that for Breaking Dawn. The whole, immobilization by power. If they have to create a physical aspect to their power, how do you think they are going to protray Alec's?
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jadey wrote:NO!! Not google. He looks terrible in the google pics

8th article down (in the new moon vid)
Yeah, the google pictures were awful. The one where he has this orange shirt..It looked like he didn't have neck or something :lol:
Much better in the video. He looks good :) A little old for my taste though. But definitely worth looking at!
dopeydm wrote:I know that I am getting ahead of myself, but if they have Jane's power be to throw people around, how are they going to translate that for Breaking Dawn. The whole, immobilization by power. If they have to create a physical aspect to their power, how do you think they are going to protray Alec's?
That's a very good point. I have no idea how they would do that. If they find the need to make Jane's powers visible, it will be even worse with some of the other powers. And in BD the powers of the Volturi and the Cullen's are very much focused on. I would be excited to see how they would do Bella's shield. Anyway...Not sure I like where this is going.