Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by navarre »

Jadey wrote:Im not that happy about Jane thrashing Eddie against walls and whatnot.. I.. it just doesn't seem right.
It will be bloody awesome to watch.. but.. it like, defeats the whole purpose of Janes power. You're supposed to just lie there, in agony.. Having Edward flung everywhere makes Janes power seem... less scary?
I dunno.

If we see Janes power deal with stuff physically... then Bella wouldn't be immune to it?
I understand it's just to show what her power does.. But if it's shown like that.. then it's not just the mind.. its the physical body aswell? Or... will they do it so only we see Edward bashing against walls.. and no one else?
Like... the audience will see Edward fly everywhere (cause thats what Edward thinks is happening) but the Volturi and Bella/Alice will just see him on the ground?
I so confooooooooooooooooooooooosed.
Jane's ability only happens within the mind, NOT in the physical. She gives the illusion of pain - Alice discusses this with Bella at the end of Eclipse. If they do the physical part for her power(throwing Edward across the room) then in theory she would be able to affect Bella. This won't work in relation to the book. Don't be stupid, CW.
They can make Edward's reaction to Jane's mind-bending pain infliction by having really intense music along wiht him suffering on the turret castle floor.
I wish they would keep it real, and let excellent camera work, music and the acting do the job. That is was movie making is all about - great acting, great nuance established with music and mood and camera angles and especially excellent writing and directing.
That's how I see it. *shrugs*
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

Dovrebanen wrote:
mandyb7 wrote:whoa apparently when Jane uses her power on Edward it like throws him across the room and into a wall, I guess they wanted to make it more visual and that's okay, sounds pretty intense.
I don't know...Jane's power only works in your mind, right? She doesn't really inflict physical pain. That's why she can't attack Bella. So having her throw Edward across the room seems a bit over the top to me. In the books he just falls to the ground in agony, as far as I can remember. I would actually want that scene to be more toned down. To show really how scary Jane is when she attacks his mind.
I know eh! I wonder how they figure Jane's power can do that to someone, cuz it can't, I bet you they changed her power a bit.
Jadey wrote:
Like... the audience will see Edward fly everywhere (cause thats what Edward thinks is happening) but the Volturi and Bella/Alice will just see him on the ground?
oooh never thought of that, good idea! maybe you're right.

OH! and about Jane's power being used on Edward, I think what happens is Edward steps in front of Bella to protect her from it and then get thrown across the room into a wall. but who know how true that info is.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

mandyb7 wrote:whoa apparently when Jane uses her power on Edward it like throws him across the room and into a wall, I guess they wanted to make it more visual and that's okay, sounds pretty intense.
When I first heard this it was like what?? Jane's power is all in the MIND. But it won't do much good speculating and it's all going to depend on how they show it & what the purpose of it is. It just makes me that much more curious and anxious for the movie. So I'm just going to wait and see in November (which seems too far away) and reserve too much judgement for when I see the movie. I sometimes wish we weren't getting all this information about the movie & different scenes. For one it feeds my addiction to anything Twiligh and two it makes me that much more curious and anxious.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
cullenclanfanman
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cullenclanfanman »

hey its robert pattinson's bday today!

just noticed on etonline they have a brand new robert pattinson birthday photo gallery! today is his 23rd bday!

thought other fans might be interested. some really great photos of rob!

http://www.etonline.com/gallery/2009/05 ... index.html
~*~Emily~*~
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ~*~Emily~*~ »

So,I picked the latest OK! issue with the "latest" New Moon info.I figured there wouldn't be any thing I hadn't heard before.I was right.The pictures were all ones seen before too.

But what really bugged me was this statement:"The movie will be better then the book" ....Better? BETTER? blasphemy!

And why will it be better? "Because there will be more Rob in it" (I don't have the Mag with me now,and it may not be an exact quote.I'll edit if I got it wrong)

HA! better indeed! sure,totally sacrifice the story by adding scenes that do not belong,but oh,as long as we have more RPattz that's all that matters! *facepalm*

Anyway,I also heard about the start of filming Eclipse in August.Wow,so soon! I supose they have to because of it being released next year.And we will go through all this again lol.It's fun though. ^_^
<><
~TEAM EDWARD~
Team Cullen-Giving the word Vampire a whole new meaning
ImageImage
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

The good news about Eclipse being filmed this fall is we only have about six months to wait for our next film fix. Not a whole year... :D

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

~*~Emily~*~ wrote:So,I picked the latest OK! issue with the "latest" New Moon info.I figured there wouldn't be any thing I hadn't heard before.I was right.The pictures were all ones seen before too.

But what really bugged me was this statement:"The movie will be better then the book" ....Better? BETTER? blasphemy!

And why will it be better? "Because there will be more Rob in it" (I don't have the Mag with me now,and it may not be an exact quote.I'll edit if I got it wrong)

HA! better indeed! sure,totally sacrifice the story by adding scenes that do not belong,but oh,as long as we have more RPattz that's all that matters! *facepalm*
It seems that they will do whatever it takes to attract screaming girls...Adding more Rob will not make the movie better, it will destroy the story..It just annoys me so much.
And the movie will never be better than the book anyway. The book is a perfect story. And the movie can at it's best hope to live up to the book.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

navarre wrote:
Jadey wrote:If we see Janes power deal with stuff physically... then Bella wouldn't be immune to it?
I understand it's just to show what her power does.. But if it's shown like that.. then it's not just the mind.. its the physical body aswell? Or... will they do it so only we see Edward bashing against walls.. and no one else?
Jane's ability only happens within the mind, NOT in the physical. She gives the illusion of pain - Alice discusses this with Bella at the end of Eclipse. If they do the physical part for her power(throwing Edward across the room) then in theory she would be able to affect Bella. This won't work in relation to the book. Don't be stupid, CW.
They can make Edward's reaction to Jane's mind-bending pain infliction by having really intense music along wiht him suffering on the turret castle floor.
I wish they would keep it real, and let excellent camera work, music and the acting do the job. That is was movie making is all about - great acting, great nuance established with music and mood and camera angles and especially excellent writing and directing.
That's how I see it. *shrugs*
You know, these are great points. But maybe CW will show it as has been suggested -- visible to us but not to Bella, etc. Although I never thought Jane's ability was to make you think you were being thrown across the room, for instance, but rather to just create the illusion of debilitating pain. Ya know.

Image Image Image
AliceFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceFan »

Dovrebanen wrote:
~*~Emily~*~ wrote:So,I picked the latest OK! issue with the "latest" New Moon info.I figured there wouldn't be any thing I hadn't heard before.I was right.The pictures were all ones seen before too.

It seems that they will do whatever it takes to attract screaming girls...Adding more Rob will not make the movie better, it will destroy the story..It just annoys me so much.
And the movie will never be better than the book anyway. The book is a perfect story. And the movie can at it's best hope to live up to the book.
Yeah, I'm completely with you on this. The whole point of most of New Moon was how devastatingly absent Edward was! I'm afraid if they add too much Edward into the story, even considering Bella's hallucinations of him, we really won't miss him much, will we? I can understand them adding him in some of her imaginings (although I don't think she ever really saw him in those times when she thought she heard his voice), but I hope they don't overdo this. Sometimes less is more. And I think Edward's presence will really detract from the entire Jacob storyline. And Jacob really needs his time in the sun, so to speak.
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

yeah I'm worried were going to get to much of Edward. We don't need a freaking Edward/RPattz fix in the movie. The whole depressed feeling and tension building to the end will died every time we get some Edward relieve every 10 or 15 minutes. It should have just been his voice. They should have been less worried about trying to give us more Edward so we'll see the movie and more worried about sticking to the book. True fans don't need to have more Edward in it to get us convinced to go see it, we'll see it regardless, and you'll get more props from us and we'll love it more if you stick to the book. They don't understand anything.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict