How do you talk?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: How do you talk?

Post by urcoolcarrie »

SethisMine wrote:Well I'm from Utah, so now I've developed a Utahn accent. That's when you forget your T's in some words like mountain so it sounds like moun'n.
same here. it bugged my spanish teacher so bad, because we'd forget the T's in our words all the time.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

urcoolcarrie wrote:
SethisMine wrote:Well I'm from Utah, so now I've developed a Utahn accent. That's when you forget your T's in some words like mountain so it sounds like moun'n.
same here. it bugged my spanish teacher so bad, because we'd forget the T's in our words all the time.
Wait, are you from Utah too?
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

As I've said previously, I have a New Yorker accent because I'm from NY, obviously. :lol:
I say y'all sometimes. Only when I'm in Latin class or referring to it, though, haha. My Latin teacher is from NC and he says it randomly, and it's sort of rubbed off on all of us. ;)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
singleduetoedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by singleduetoedward »

I live in a strange place..it's like a clashing of different cultures. I live like 10 miles from Mexico so there's a little Spanish flavor (and a lot of Spanish words interspersed in conversation), my parents and most of my family are from New Mexico, Utah, and Oklahoma so there's a bit of a Southern twang, and the town where I go to school consists of a lot of hippies and yuppies so I have a bit of what I'd call a Californian accent...like, you know? lol.
My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

I have a very Canadian accent, which makes me horrible at speaking French, despite my love of the language. :( I sometimes slip up and say old fashioned things, and I have a tendency of using colourful British expressions (I'm half english), and swearing in foreign languages. :lol:
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

i have a very raspy voice, but not in the sence of like grinding stone..
its balanced? like vanilla with crunchy m&ms, yeah...
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

SethisMine wrote:
urcoolcarrie wrote:
Wait, are you from Utah too?
you bet! good ol utah. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
prettyinpaleskin
Wandering Through Town
Location: On the island shaped like a teddy bear! no one? oh fine ireland!

Post by prettyinpaleskin »

hmmm... well i'm irish but i don't have that awful accent that you yanks (no offence :) ) always portray irish people with in movies.....
Actually nobody really does.. i have no idea why you guys got that awful accent really.. sorry bout that little rant!
anyway back to me... i have an odd accent... its definately diff to some other people my age..
some people say i have an like proper english accent or an american accent which is really weird cos i've never been to either place! hmm guess its from too many american sitcoms...
I hate television. I hate it as much as i hate peanuts. But i just can't stop eating peanuts.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I have a slight southern accent but there's no twang to it and I don't add r's where they don't belong. I grew up with a variety of accents in my family so that helped level out my accent. My grandma has a mixture of New York and English accents. My dad and uncle are very southern. My mom and aunt grew up in the south but spent their summers in New York so they have a strange mix...they drop r's on words that should have them and add r's to words that shouldn't.

I've always tried to enunciate without sounding too stuffy. Unfortunately, if you speak English properly in my town, people think you're stuck up so I had to find a balance. I do say ya'll. I can't help it. And I HATE the word "drawers" because no matter how hard I try not to, I drawl it out every single time. :oops:
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

Hello prettyinpaleskin! I so knew Id find you here! Yes people its true what she said..., well yeah she doesn't talk irishy and well true also bout irish people not talking in that seriously scary accent they always have in movies and stuff...!
so um me, my talking ways...? Hmmm, aww theres no hmmm face here... eh right i talk, i dunno i my voice, i only like it when i have a cold cause then it sounnds cool!
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen