The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by xhopeonaropex »

My beautiful and lovely friends!!!!

First of all I'm so sorry I've been away for more than 2 weeks now. Work has been crazy and problems are trying to get solved, so the last time I worte on here we were on page 30 something. So basically I'm over 60 pages behind and regret it. But now i'm back for today but can't guarantee when i'll be on again since work is still insane and i'm leaving to Lebanon in 3 weeks (yay!!). And I really do miss you guys and gals because you guys make me feel that there's a reason for one to move on. Now i want to answer both questions:

!.How has the Twilight universe and the Lex inspired you?

Well everyone who knows me knows that I found out about Twilight through a friend and didn't decide to read it until I gave up on finding good books to read (I'm veryyyy picky). The Twilight universe was the only place I found myself able to escape to through mind heart and soul. It captivated me and I felt it's reality live through me. I know this sounds cheesy but you guys know what i'm talking about. I honestly didn't find myself completely and utterly hooked until I was reading NM. I felt Bella's pain because I also lost someone special to me and it brought back the memories. i wanted to hear his voice like Bella thought she heard Edward's. I tried finding ways to bring him back in my head. So Nm helped me vent alot of tension and tears that were hidden. And I for once felt understood. And found a place to escape when I needed to forget the wolrd bit, and find my "shoulder" to cry on. But other than that, I felt that there was something I wanted to be a part of. And like, others this is my first online book club/ forum I joined. I met the most amazing people that share the same passion with me. Who also suffer obsessive cullen disorder as I do, and don't think of me as weird because I was addicted to this fictional world and talked about it like it was real, and also have fallen in love with a guy that can never exist. So to make this short Twilight is my happy place. When everything's wrong or I don't feel okay, I escape to the Twilight universe to forget alot of problems and pain, adn to get my soul filled up with hope that it will get better one day. And the lex, well, jjust the fact that the most amazing and loving people that I met in my life are part of the lex is enough love and inspiration i need to last me a lifetime. Because you guys are with me through thick and thin. Annd we are there for each other 24/7.

2. I'm actually single right now but i still have a loooooooooong way since I;m only 20. I did meet a guy that was my Edward when I was 16 back in my country. We were madly in love and he was just waiting for me to finish high school for us to get engaged. My mom never knew because she wanted to do the whole arranged marraige thing and with non other than my cousin (YUCK!!!!!) My dad secretly knew when i visited him and I guess approved since he never pressured me about it. And I went back home to live with my mom and he knew why and didnt fight with me about it. So I went back home and my dad came to visit the country for a month. My mom found out I had a bf and wanted my butt shipped off with my dad so that she could ruin his plans of getting married. I was deprived of school and sunlight for 3 days and had a stomache virus and also got a good beating. Then I ran away to my bf the third night and kept me safe until morning so he can go talk to my dad. (ANd we didnt do anythign so no dirty thoughts girls!!! :twisted: ) Unfortuantely my mom filled my dad's head with ideas that my bf was a drug dealer and a thief and an addict which was of course ridiculous but he believed her about it. So he fond me the next morning before we went to find him. I was never able to say goodbye and I never saw him again. And then i had to choose betwen either satying in Lebanon with my bf being in jail for charges of kidnapping ( my uncle was a big general and anyone with power can put an angel into jail if he wanted to) or I would come to live with my dad and know that he was free and safe. Of course I live with my dad now. I have been forced to let go of him, and still have trouble getting over him but I know that one day i'll be ready again to love someone. I'm going to Lebanon in 3 weeks and ironically my mom lives in the same neighborhood he does now now. So it will be awkward when i see him on the streets again. And I won't do anything but smile and keep walking. And I just hope he was able to move on as I am trying to now :] So no hubby and single. I am trying to put myself out there and want to take things slow. I just hope i meet Mr Right. And it would be a plus if he loved Twilight too ;) So that's my answer. And I hope to be around again soon.

Love to my Ladies

Hope <3
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Hope-
My heart is breaking for you. What a tough situation. I can see why there are a lot of tears in NM for you. I am glad that you are healing and feel like you can visit your mom without too much pain. I hope that your trip is a happy one.

Wow, meeting over firearms. I love it! It goes to show that if you keep doing the things that interest you and involve you in your work, church, etc. then that right guy might just show up at the same place.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Delusional and tired we drove straight through after a short visit with friends in Seattle. We took off from Seattle at 11:30 am for home on Monday and arrived 5:30 am Tuesday (this morning.) We originally were planning on hitting Astoria OR, but the car was giving us some funny noises so we decided not to chance it and headed home. Seriously I think my wife just wanted to fly back later and hit one of the many wonderful bed and breakfast places we found in a tour guide of Astoria.

Yes we have TONS and I mean TONS of photos some good some okay but most of all everything was fun. Our kids came with us so we have some wonderful photos of them playing around. Only one embarrassing moment came when our son turned left instead of right when heading to Mommy. Immediately all the Mom's jumped into action and the shouting began of "lost boy!" "We have a lost boy here!" Yeah I was a nice shade of red even Bella couldn't have blushed as much as I did yikes!

We will share wonderful stories and photos as soon as we can, and we are so glad a bunch of you joined us on our live broadcasts. Forks didn't have enough bandwidth but we thought it was funny that the Hoh Rain Forest had plenty I actually did a work call from the middle of the forest and my client said "That sounds like birds and water where are you?" I proudly responded "In the middle of a rain forest!" the response I got was priceless.

I am very tired right now and my work is actually needing me today so my brain is really fried I will start dumping photos over later today and hopefully will share some. I am going to do a small or low res images for people to see and link them to High Res images for people to print (of certain images no family photos will be linked to hi-res.) I have to say La Push is my all time favorite spot up there it is not however my favorite spot in the world that still belongs to The Cliffs of Moher.

Cliffs link - http://www.thisfabtrek.com/journey/euro ... oher-4.jpg

I look forward to posting maybe you guys should hit 100 pages so we can start a new thread with my forks photos so we don't have to jump threads to share.

How I got my better half - My sister set us up on a blind date she was so hot I ignored her thinking I had no chance in hell I guess playing hard to get pays off!

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

Misfit,
Welcome back I'm glad you guys had a good time. The Hubby and I almost went to the Stephenie Meyer Day festivities but when I looked up what was on the agenda I didn't see very much and I decided not to spend the almost $1,000. it would have ended up costing us between flights, hotel and misc. So now I get to see the fun through you and your family. Thank you. I hope you get rested up and back to feeling good soon. I can't wait to see the pictures. I hope I don't end up being too sorry we didn't go. It was going to be my B-Day present.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Hope: Like bac, my heart is also breaking for you. What a tragic story, and to have happened to someone so young. Something like that could have easily caused you to never want to fall in love again. I'm proud of you for wanting to "get back on the horse." It isn't easy. Nothing that means that much is ever truly easy. I wish you lots of luck in finding your Edward. However, I don't think you'll need much luck. He's probably right around the corner killing time waiting for you.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Misfit wrote:Cliffs link - http://www.thisfabtrek.com/journey/euro ... oher-4.jpg
I look forward to posting maybe you guys should hit 100 pages so we can start a new thread with my forks photos so we don't have to jump threads to share.
Welcome back. Jealous, is not enough a strong enough word for how much I wish I could have been there ;) , but I am happy that you had such a great time!!!! That cliff picture, WOW!!!! And I def. look forward to all your stories/photos. 100 pages here we come :D

Have you all seen this new poll? Its in the bottom right hand corner. Twilight is in 3rd place right now.
http://www.comingsoon.net/index.php
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

Misfit, I'm glad you had fun in Forks. It was a fabulous place, but I'm glad I didn't go this weekend. The crowds would've turned me off. After all, it is a small town. That weekend up'd their population by about 30%!

I met my hubby at church, like some others. He was so shy, that (I found out later) it took him 2 months to get the nerve to ask me out. When he did, I turned him down, or so he says. I didn't really, but I was busy the week he asked. My brother and sister and I were having a party that weekend, though, so I asked him to come. He thought I was just saying I was too busy to turn him down, so he wasn't going to come. Luckily, ALL his friends were busy, and for the first time in months he didn't have anything to do on a Friday night. So, he came to the party, where we clicked, and talked and danced all night. He started coming over every day and we hung out while I studied. We were married 5 months later.

I have to share one other courting story. My dad had a friend who wanted to take a date boating, and my grandpa had a boat. They set my dad up on a blind date so he could take the boat. My mom's sister was asked to go on the date, but was busy that day, so she asked my mom to step in. She agreed, and answered the door to find a guy standing there with an eye patch on. She excused herself for a minute, and went in the other room to laugh. She thought it was a joke. Her sister assured her she knew nothing about it, so they went out anyway. My parents were married 2 months later. The eye patch was because my dad had been welding earlier in the day, and got a metal sliver in his eye. So, she was set up on a "blind date," and he shows up with an eye patch. It is funny. I would've thought it was a joke, too.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Hope, your sad story is inspiring because you've remained so strong. I really hope that you can find love somewhere, or maybe, someday, back in your first love's arms.

Misfit, I missed out on your live broadcasts! I had been hoping to catch something, but i'm on the far east coast of canada and i guess the time zone factor must have been greater than i anticipated. i can't wait to see your photos and i'm so glad that you and your family had a great time. There are a lot of us living vicariously through you. ;)

Variety, the story about the eye patch is priceless!! I think that made me laugh hardest of anything i've read today.

Edit: Misfit, I just checked out the pic of the cliffs and WOW! I've never seen anything quite like it. Are those supposed to be the cliffs that Bella jumps from?
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Alright good news is I have most of the photos uploaded to my PC I am still missing my wife's camera which has the Bella Italia photos on them. Bad news might take me longer to get it all done as I have to cover the Manhattan Open AVP tournament this coming weekend.

I will work on this and my entire story to tell you how things happened including the funny parts like the back hatch of our van actually falling off in my hand at our very first stop. lol

Here is something to keep you held over.

Hoh Rain Forest - Hall of Mosses
http://hwcdn.net/e7e8i3y9/cds/pics/JR4_0214.jpg

La Push - Jetty in Fog
http://hwcdn.net/e7e8i3y9/cds/pics/JR4_0552.jpg

Both will be available in hi-resolution for downloading, printing, and wallpapers.
As for the Cliffs picture that is nothing to do with Twilight although there is a love story that goes with them about a heroic Irish fighter who rides his horse right off the cliff. The Cliffs are in Ireland not Washington the pictures I posted here are from Forks and La Push.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Yo Misfit! I'm glad you and TwiDealer (and the lil cuties -- yes I remember their names ;) ) made it home safely. I can't wait to get a minute and browse through your pictures. I've already heard how beautiful they are. Welcome back to you and the Missus! Talk to you both again very soon.

Variety: That is an awesome story. Did he say "Yar Matey..I'm Yer Date?" Sheesh, just shoot me. :roll:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!