Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Girlygirl
Settled in Forks

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by Girlygirl »

I've gotten four people to read Twilight so far.

On a whim I decided that I was going to get my cousin to start reading Twilight or I was going to die trying, so last January when she went to Cuba I gave her Twilight for the plane ride. She told me she wasn't into this kind of stuff but I told her that it she was bored or something to give it a try because once she started I told her she'd never be able to put it down. She got off the plane when they got back and made a beeline for me in the airport and cries out 'I love Edward!' The whole place was staring at us but it was worth it because she's been addicted ever since.

Besides my cousin I got a good friend of mine to start reading and she went out and bought the whole series and I got another friend of mine to start even though she stuck her nose up at the thought of a vampire book when I first started reading. But after I told her to give them a try and I'd give her money if she wasn't completely into Twilight by the end of the book she gave it a try and she loved it; text me at 1 in the morning asking for the next book and the next and now she's all over me for the last one--- I told her I was always right about good books and she should never doubt me again!

Plus I got one of my coworkers to start reading them but it's too early to tell if she into them.

I’m going to keep spreading the Twilight love though- until the whole world is in love with the series as much as we all are!
TopazTearz
Settled in Forks

Post by TopazTearz »

Well I got all of my friends to read the books...and well they are kinda angry at me for getting them sooo hooked onto them. Well my friends got their friends and their mums and aunts to read the books so I seriously love the Twilight Love that I managed to spread. :mrgreen:
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

I brought twilight to school one day and got 5 friends OBSESSED. haha.

the books even got banned from our school, :roll: because one of our teachers hates them. so we had to sneak them around, lol.
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
prettyinpaleskin
Wandering Through Town
Location: On the island shaped like a teddy bear! no one? oh fine ireland!

Post by prettyinpaleskin »

MCullz wrote:the books even got banned from our school, :roll: because one of our teachers hates them. so we had to sneak them around, lol.
seriously?! thats mad! teachers are so spirit crushing!!

anyway.... i got my best friend addicted! i was telling her she should read them for AGES and then finally she read like the first chapter one day in a free class during school and she was like OMG can i borrow it and then i was like... um no thats my only copy and i'm reading it at the mo and then she got all like creepy and tried to STEAL it!! but i reclaimed it and forgive her (wouldn't we all react the same?) and eventually let her borrow it and then she like totally became obsessed too! and like almost immediately went out and bought her own copies and i had somone to freak out with me when we went to the bd release party! shes on here too! shout out to LipsForeverSealed !! Its you i'm talking bout!
I hate television. I hate it as much as i hate peanuts. But i just can't stop eating peanuts.
Elyse
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Elyse »

I have gotten 3 people to read it so far and I'm working on my 4th. The first one I got hooked was my boyfriend then my best friend (who is also a guy) :P Then I was able to convince my mother to give them a try.
ImageImageImage
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

prettyinpaleskin wrote:
MCullz wrote:the books even got banned from our school, :roll: because one of our teachers hates them. so we had to sneak them around, lol.

anyway.... i got my best friend addicted! i was telling her she should read them for AGES and then finally she read like the first chapter one day in a free class during school and she was like OMG can i borrow it and then i was like... um no thats my only copy and i'm reading it at the mo and then she got all like creepy and tried to STEAL it!! but i reclaimed it and forgive her (wouldn't we all react the same?) and eventually let her borrow it and then she like totally became obsessed too! and like almost immediately went out and bought her own copies and i had somone to freak out with me when we went to the bd release party! shes on here too! shout out to LipsForeverSealed !! Its you i'm talking bout!
yeah. she like, took the time to look it up online to see what it was about. and then decided since she didnt like it. no one should be allowed to read it.
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
prettyinpaleskin
Wandering Through Town
Location: On the island shaped like a teddy bear! no one? oh fine ireland!

Post by prettyinpaleskin »

MCullz wrote:
prettyinpaleskin wrote:

yeah. she like, took the time to look it up online to see what it was about. and then decided since she didnt like it. no one should be allowed to read it.
I'll say it again.... FREAKING MAD!
you should totally like mail her pages of the twilight book or something!
I hate television. I hate it as much as i hate peanuts. But i just can't stop eating peanuts.
Artemis Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Artemis Cullen »

prettyinpaleskin wrote:
Haha! :lol: If one of my teachers was like that, I would totally send them pages of the book! :mrgreen:
Mafia Name: Medea Ariadne Artemis DeMarchi Image

^^^Link to my FanFiction.net profile...
Avi is original DigitalArt called The Oracle by 'Blackeri
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

prettyinpaleskin wrote:
MCullz wrote:
prettyinpaleskin wrote:

brilliant idea, I don't even go to that school anymore.. and chances are I'll never see her again, because she moved to like Virginia or something.

something else funny i just remembered, on our final exam, we had to do these logic worksheet things, and we had to like, change sentence forms or something ( it was last year, i dont remember too much . lol) and one of the sentences we had to change was "No sensible people are vampire lovers" and all my twilight friends from school were soo mad at her. hah.
Artemis Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Artemis Cullen »

MCullz wrote:
brilliant idea, I don't even go to that school anymore.. and chances are I'll never see her again, because she moved to like Virginia or something.

something else funny i just remembered, on our final exam, we had to do these logic worksheet things, and we had to like, change sentence forms or something ( it was last year, i dont remember too much . lol) and one of the sentences we had to change was "No sensible people are vampire lovers" and all my twilight friends from school were soo mad at her. hah.
That is so messed up! :x I would have thrown the test in her face! :twisted: ...... Well maybe not but I would imagine myself doing so. :geek:
Mafia Name: Medea Ariadne Artemis DeMarchi Image

^^^Link to my FanFiction.net profile...
Avi is original DigitalArt called The Oracle by 'Blackeri