Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Interestingly enough I never blamed Rose for what happened in the room when Nessie was born. I mean, I always just saw it as her being there and Edward and Jacob being busy you know? But now that I think about it, why was she in there?? To make sure Bella was ok or to make sure she was there to take the baby or make sure that's who they prioritized?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Rose was on the phone with Carlisle while Nessie was being born. Edward wanted to know what he was supposed to do. He wanted to tell Carlisle to hurry up. Rose was delivering that message. It's just that Bella's blood got in the way and they had to get her out of the room. You will never see me blame what happened in the room on Rose. She didn't try to attack Bella. She didn't do anything that would have caused harm to her. She knew that she had to get out of there, but she herself couldn't pull out. So she let Jake beat the hell out of her to get her out.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

TheLamb07 wrote:I had said this before but I'm gonna say it again. Rosalie could care less whether Bella lived or died. All she wanted was the baby and she proved it when she just took off with the baby when Edward was trying to save her. She was downstairs making googoo eyes at the baby while tha Bella was dying.

Edward of all people would know Rosalies intentions. That just proves that Rosalie is, if she cared for Bella, Edward wouldn't have reacted that way.
Well think where Rosalie was coming from. She wanted the one thing she couldn't have and when she sees Bella so easily taking what Rosalie spent years dreaming about, she's bound to react differently than others.

I think, since Twilight, Rosalie slowly started to care for Bella (see: Eclipse), but Rosalie's prone to jealousy quite easily, and when she saw the baby she forgot everythingshe built with Bella. Imagine her seeing something she always wnated right in front of her but never being able to have. I think she likes Bella, but was just so wrapped up that Edward could impregnate Bella when he was a VAMPIRE. It just wasn't possible.

I think Rosalie just wanted to see Renesmee live, to bear witness in such a miracle. If it wasn't hers, maybe it being Edward and Bella's was just as good.

Of course, it doesn't take away that she went shoot insane and competely OOC, so I see whee you're coming from. It's just that Rosalie's life was completely OUT THERE, that you have to try and see it from her perspective.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I believe Rosalie was in that room because, other than Edward (and obviously Carlisle), she's the only one to have taken medical courses and thus had the knowledge base to deliver a child. (I believe this is stated in one of the Personal Correspondences on the Lex.)

However, once she actually pierced Bella's skin and blood started flowing, two things happen: Bella's blood gets to her, and since she hasn't hunted recently, she's struggling to control her vampiric nature. I believe, despite her initial objections of Bella, that Rosalie really did attempt to get to like Bella, simply because it was clear that Bella would become her sister one day. I also believe that, no matter how much she disliked Bella initially, she couldn't bear the thought of losing Edward if something happened to the love of his life. And so she allows Jacob to basically kick her out of the room; she offers to help care for the baby since she couldn't go back and help put Bella back together because of her blood.

As for the matter of whether or not she was really doing all this just to get the baby, that's another issue. I haven't made up my mind yet on this one, though I am giving her the benefit of a doubt by thinking that she didn't want the baby at the expense of Bella's life.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I agree that after awhile Rosalie did begin to genuinely like Bella. Of course there was always the issue that Rose was a little jealous of Bella just because she was human and Rose didn't agree with her willingly giving up her life. Still, I think she had started liking Bella and that she was in the room with every good intention of helping. She was on the phone with Carlisle so Edward would have someone with more experience to talk him through it.

Now, whether she was there to help Bella or the baby is up for discussion. She wanted a baby more than anything and here Bella, who she already was jealous of for being human and willingly giving that up, was having one. I personally don't think she would have intentionally endangered Bella's life but if it came down between Bella and the baby she would have focused more on the baby. But she did care enough about Bella to let Jacob manhandle her out of the room.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Umm, I don't think that there was any other way to get her out of the room and away from Bella than for someone to forcibly remove her....

I think we're pretty much shown, through Edward looking into Rosalie's mind, that she's helping Bella because she wants the baby.

vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by vampirenerd »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Umm, I don't think that there was any other way to get her out of the room and away from Bella than for someone to forcibly remove her.....
True...but if she had wanted to she could have put up a much harder fight to stay in the room and get to Bella's blood. I'm not saying she didn't fight back at all b/c of course she was trying to drink Bella's blood. But still somewhere in the back of her mind she was willing to not fight to hard.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Oh I know, I was reacting the implications of Jacob "manhandling her". He didn't really have a choice.

Yeah, I definitely think she knew she needed to be out of the room.

vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by vampirenerd »

I understand Jacob had no choice but to be forceable with her. I also just like the word manhandle lol. But is it just me or does anyone else think he may have gotten a TINY bit of satisfaction out of being forceful with her, seeing as how they never really got alone.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

I don't mean to be condescending, but seeing as how Bella was DYING before his eyes, I don't think his mind was all that focused on anything else but keeping her safe....

Although we are in complete agreement that manhandle is a fun word to say.