Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by amethyst »

I am very disappointed with the movie poster--the one thing that I love, is that Edward is in the front. Jacob cannot surpass Edward. The very essence of New Moon is Edward and Bella and the heartbreak they both experience being apart from each other. Not Jacob and Bella. Not Jacob, Bella and Edward. The latter in Eclipse? Sure. But not New Moon. I think I dislike the poster because I am biased towards Taylor. I seriously do not like that kid and he‘s butt-ugly (which is the complete opposite from the Jacob I picture in my head--). Why couldn’t Steven Strait (hot, tall, and Jacoby) play Jacob? … at the very least they should have did the CGI thing with Taylor to make him look physically taller, and why is his hair so short? Isn’t Jacob’s supposed to be cropped to his chin, I think?

I am not very excited for New Moon -- however, I CAN NOT FRIGGIN WAIT FOR VOLETTRA. Aro, Caius, Marcus…? Definitely can’t wait. And then the ending where Edward proposes to Bella and explains to her why he left … and also the beginning. I can’t wait to see the break up scene. Okay, so I am masochistic. But I really love that scene. It is so bitter, yet endearing in some ways. Because Edward is leaving for her. I definitely can’t wait to see Rob’s acting. That man is serious man candy. Too bad he’s not for sale ;)

Also, am I the only one who thinks the guy that plays Alec just doesn’t fit? I am still not sure who is going to play Felix and Demetri. I think Dakota Fanning is going to be awesome. She’s a great actress.

Also, I wasn’t exactly a fan of Kristen in Twilight--I thought she was horrible. But I think Chris is amazing and the best thing that has happened to this movie. I think his direction skills and experience are going to make all the actors shine, amazingly well too. So I am definitely stoked to see Kristen’s performance and Robert’s of coarse.
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

i liked the new moon poster. i'll just leave it at that.
it is just a poster after all...it wont make or break the movie.

amethyst- jacob's hair is cropped short in new moon; it doesnt mention that its growing towards is chin until eclipse. and im sorry, but ill have to disagree--taylor is extremely good-looking and the perfect choice for jacob. :]
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

actually Jacob does have long hair in part of the movie, as was seen in an ET interview, not sure how much of the movie he has that hair for though.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Two Words!: Yelllloooowwwww... Porrrrssscchhheee!
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
amethyst

New Moon

Post by amethyst »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote: amethyst- jacob's hair is cropped short in new moon; it doesnt mention that its growing towards is chin until eclipse. and im sorry, but ill have to disagree--taylor is extremely good-looking and the perfect choice for jacob. :]
Okay... i wasn't actually sure if it was to his chin in new moon or eclipse. Now I know. :D

As for Taylor -- he's just not... attractive, to me, at all. And he is very annoying in interviews and such. I personally feel he was the wrong choice for Jacob etc etc. (I am sure you heard the speech either for Kristen, Rob and maybe Taylor. So I'll spare it) And I will leave it at that. All of my friends (the ones that are obsessed with Twilight that is) feel the same way. So it is just a matter of preference, I suppose. Which is a shame because the other wolves coughPaul/Alexcough are freakin hot!!! My god!
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
mandyb7

Post by mandyb7 »

n0vaice wrote:Two Words!: Yelllloooowwwww... Porrrrssscchhheee!
hahahahahahaha love<3
ringswraith wrote:That reminds me- I wonder if they'll work the NM book cover into the movie.

My opinion, best place to do it would be the birthday party. Have Bella fall into (or pushed into) a vase of tulips, then someone (Edward?) picks up a flower that got her blood on it. :)
Great Idea! Def should be at the party, like someone picking one up, or you see one on the ground, or maybe like when Bella falls into the table where they are there's a close up frame of them falling over, preferably in slow motion.

Anyone know where exactly in Italy are they filming?
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

n0vaice wrote:Two Words!: Yelllloooowwwww... Porrrrssscchhheee!
totally. how cool will that be? here's a site that has pictures of the porsche that will be used in the movie. it's in Italian, but has some cool pictures. just need to scroll down.

mandyb7 wrote: Anyone know where exactly in Italy are they filming?
I think the city is Montepulciano.

And here's a fans remake of the official poster. I gotta say I like it a little more than the official.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm pretty sure Jacob's hair is still long in the beginning of the movie. He cuts it short when he transitions because it causes him to be less shaggy as a wolf...

I know he's supposed to grow it back out later on, but I'm hoping it stays short! I just like Taylor with short hair much better :D

Thank you Naureen!!
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by AvidDreamer »

Maybe I missed it and someone else has already mentioned this, but am I the only one who's hyperventilating after having read this...?!?
Additionally, in the book Edward says he will turn Bella into a vampire only if they marry. In the movie, however, he offers a different ultimatum.
It comes from this article:

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/page/2/

Now, I am a rational person, a Twilight fan who likes to believe that I have a healthy relationship with the series... but reading this is seriously freaking me out. I'm having one of those "Oh-my-god-if-they-do-this-the-whole-movie-is-going-to-be-ruined-and-I-will-hate-Summit-forever" kind of moments. I know I really shouldn't let myself get worked up over this considering the source is stated as being freaking Life & Style magazine, but if Edward doesn't ask Bella to marry him in New Moon after never actually saying "I love you" in Twilight, then Melissa Rosenburg should be fired.

I used to think it was too much when I'd read other fans calling for her to be fired after Twilight, but this is really going too far. There are no words to describe the disappointment I'd feel if she has Edward say or do something out of character like asking Bella to sleep with him instead of marrying him. I mean, she already had him jump on top of her instead of just kissing her... while she was in her underwear... in her bedroom in Twilight. I really wouldn't be surprised if the movies took the low road and had him ask her something like this instead, but I hope they don't... One of the reasons I like the Twilight Saga so much is that it is seriously romantic without being smut like a lot of other vampire fiction out there. Edward's supposed to be the consummate gentleman and I'm just really afraid of what this "other ultimatum" could be.

And even if my worst fears aren't confirmed and they just leave it out, having him just ask her to stay human for longer or something like that instead, it still isn't Edward as Stephenie Meyer intended. He wants Bella to marry him. Yes, he's way older and she's only 18, but this is the story that we love and changing it isn't going to improve it. Is Hollywood really that afraid of commitment that they would shy away from a love story where the male lead actually wants to get married?
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Re: New Moon

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

amethyst wrote: Which is a shame because the other wolves coughPaul/Alexcough are freakin hot!!! My god!
[/quote]
Can't say I disagree there. ;)
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3