Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: New Moon~ Lines/Scenes you would like in the movie

Post by Jadey »

care to explain it then? ^^
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Jadey wrote:care to explain it then? ^^
i probably miss spoke, i removed the previous post, again, sorry.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The Dark Knight wrote:I can't wait to see Charlie give it to Edward when he carries Bella in the house...Death by x-ray vision for sure...

Definitely looking foward to that. And also after Edward leaves & he yells at her for moping around and wants to see her come out of it. I want to see Billy Burke really yelling and freaking out.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I do think the 1st movie did a good job of showing a relationship between Charlie and Bella and so I too look forward to Billy Burke yelling at Bella :) I think he did a good job in Twilight when he says to Edward "I've heard that before." So I think he'll do a good job of letting Edward know he is unhappy with him after they get back from Italy. I loved the added gun scene when Charlie says "bring him in" and holds the gun up! So I think his overprotective dad side will show up in New Moon too.

I know it's such an obvious scene to want to see on film, but I can't help but thinking often about how the cliff diving scene will turn out on film. And Alice's reappearance. Those scenes were great to me...so I can't wait to see them acted out.

Thank you Naureen!!
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

"You're wounding my ego Bella. I just proposed to you and you think it's a joke" SO adorable! I would love to see that scene.
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

They had better have that line in there. ^^^^^^^^^^^
They'd better have every single witty, romantic, funny, serious, horrible, wonderful, heartwrenching thing Edward says in this movie. Well, of course that would never happen....but a good handful would be nice. :]
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by AvidDreamer »

I posted this in another thread but it took a really long time to post and no one seemed to notice, so hopefully I will get a reply in this thread that will ease my fears...
AvidDreamer wrote:Maybe I missed it and someone else has already mentioned this, but am I the only one who's hyperventilating after having read this...?!?
Additionally, in the book Edward says he will turn Bella into a vampire only if they marry. In the movie, however, he offers a different ultimatum.
It comes from this article:

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/page/5/
Now, I am a rational person, a Twilight fan who likes to believe that I have a healthy relationship with the series... but reading this is seriously freaking me out. I'm having one of those "Oh-my-god-if-they-do-this-the-whole-movie-is-going-to-be-ruined-and-I-will-hate-Summit-forever" kind of moments. I know I really shouldn't let myself get worked up over this considering the source is stated as being freaking Life & Style magazine, but if Edward doesn't ask Bella to marry him in New Moon after never actually saying "I love you" in Twilight, then Melissa Rosenburg should be fired.

I used to think it was too much when I'd read other fans calling for her to be fired after Twilight, but this is really going too far. There are no words to describe the disappointment I'd feel if she has Edward say or do something out of character like asking Bella to sleep with him instead of marrying him. I mean, she already had him jump on top of her instead of just kissing her... while she was in her underwear... in her bedroom in Twilight. I really wouldn't be surprised if the movies took the low road and had him ask her something like this instead, but I hope they don't... One of the reasons I like the Twilight Saga so much is that it is seriously romantic without being smut like a lot of other vampire fiction out there. Edward's supposed to be the consummate gentleman and I'm just really afraid of what this "other ultimatum" could be.

And even if my worst fears aren't confirmed and they just leave it out, having him just ask her to stay human for longer or something like that instead, it still isn't Edward as Stephenie Meyer intended. He wants Bella to marry him. Yes, he's way older and she's only 18, but this is the story that we love and changing it isn't going to improve it. Is Hollywood really that afraid of commitment that they would shy away from a love story where the male lead actually wants to get married?

/end rant :oops:
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

^^^^^^^^Sorry, this probobly isn't a very adiquit (Cant even spell the stupid word. bah.) response to your rant, but about Edward wanting Bella to sleep with him instead, that would be impossible. Bella wants to sleep with Edward. In the book, Edward asked Bella to marry him as the condition so it would buy him a little more time. If sleeping with him is the condition, then Bella would be a vampire that night. So that would be really stupid....

But then again, sofar, Melissa Rosenburg has proved herself to be a very stupid woman. :evil:
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by AvidDreamer »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:So that would be really stupid....

But then again, sofar, Melissa Rosenburg has proved herself to be a very stupid woman. :evil:
That's my point exactly! I honestly don't think that they would be so dumb as to do something completely impossible like that and I admit I was freaking out a bit, but then again as I mentioned before, they did have Edward jump on top of Bella in Twilight the first time they kissed. Nevermind that he was in excrutiating pain having to be so close to her and a touch took a monumental effort on his part in the book, it made the scene 'steamier' so they went with it. Also, Bella wasn't at all embarrassed that she had happened to forget her pants and she didn't seem to mind him putting his ice cold hands on her bare stomach or legs... Now, I know I'm going to get a ton of sly replies about how many of you wouldn't mind that either, but you all know what I'm talking about! Focus, ladies. :lol:

I'm just scared that they're going to try to push the envelope again for the sake of the whole 'sex sells' mindset. I have no real clue what this other 'ultimatum' could be, it could be something completely benign, but seeing some of the things they've changed, it's worrisome. It seems that they've already displayed little regard for the source material in some aspects, and I just hope they don't do something blatantly idiotic like making him the aggressor to try and 'scare' her away or having him go too far too fast like in Twilight. It would ruin the books and take away the humor of Bella trying her best to be seductive.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

I didn't like that whole makeout scene in the Twilight either. It was entirely out of character for Edward...Bella, not so much. :lol:

But they have already filmed various proposal scenes, so they're bound to put one in the movie. I really don't think we have all that much to worry about...as far as the proposal/ultimatum situation, at least.

And besides, especially after Twilight, they know how important this is to us fans. Not saying they care about our feelings, but they do care how much money comes out of our pockets and goes into their's. They should have enough sense to know that this proposal scene is very important considering how much speculation it's getting. Assuming the fact that they're not completely insane, that is.