Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Post by Pel »

Young at heart? Proving that Twilight love knows no bounds Babyboomers can meet up here.
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Baby Boomer Lexiconers

Post by Katwomankath »

Yay for baby boomers! Yes young at heart and sometimes our bodies actually cooperate. So now we are at the age where we start taking care of our parents and are looking at having grand kids in the near future or already have them and still feeling like we aren't old enough to be considered old. Wow if this isn't a confusing time of life. Yes my mind is scattered, as you can tell by my writing, because I have never really thought about all of this before and it is kinda weird.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
Joanne Maria

Post by Joanne Maria »

What...there has got to be more than 2 of us...ummm...
I am probably a Baby Boomer plus but because of Twilight I feel more alive than I have for a long time. Sadly, we get so caught up in the lives of others that we forget about ourselves.

I have taken care of my grandparents and now I am caring for my parents, I hope no one ever has to take care of me, I hope i can always care for myself.
Katwomankath

Post by Katwomankath »

Joanne Maria,
Hi and welcome! I thought I was going to be the only poster on this thread and since there is no double posting it would be a one post thread. Yes there are more Boomers on the Lex if they are considered forty plus but I don't know if they will put themselves in this category. It might make some feel old. What is old though? I hope we can gradually get people on here. It would be nice to be able to discuss things at the stage of life we are in and have someone else actually understand it. Every stage of life has its good and its bad and it is amazing how perspective on things change at every stage of life. However I think we can relate to other stages of life also because we have lived through them. I don't mind if anyone of other ages would like to join in but that is just my opinion. Since I am over the early forties I guess I have been voted off the generation X thread.

I would like to throw a question out there. What were the highlights of each stage of your life, childhood, teens, young adult, adult, and now a more mature adult?
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
NovaAlbion
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by NovaAlbion »

Three is here. You're right about double posting being an issue. I've been lurking on the Gen X thread. Almost done reading old posts. Almost feels like pedophilia. All their favorite "memories" belong to my oldest daughter.
"Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here." Sue Kidd Monk, The Secret Life of Bees, Chapter 6

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4332809/1/Out_Of_The_Blue
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Re: Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Post by Nena »

I went ahead and edited the tittle of this thread to welcome everyone 40+ y/o. According to wikipedia a baby boomer is:

Baby boomer is a term used to describe a person who was born during the Post-World War II baby boom between 1946 and 1964. Following World War II, several English-speaking countries – the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand – experienced an unusual spike in birth rates, a phenomenon commonly referred to as the baby boom.
Katwomankath

Post by Katwomankath »

Wow, I thought I was further into this category than I am. I am the tail end of it almost a Generation X but not quite. I didn't realize it went that far back. So I actually am one of the young ones of this generation. It is nice to be a youngster in relationship to someone.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I was born in 1966 so that makes me...lost?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Poor Nissanmama :cry: . You are lost.

Well, this is what GNE posted on the GEN-X thread.

"Also, I've been asked to post here that the BabyBoomers thread has been renamed. Kinda. BabyBoomers are those special folks born between 1946-64.

If you were born between 1965-80, you are a Gen X'er. However, some folks say Gen X'ers were born between 1968-1979. I say we go with the first one. ;) "

So I would say that makes you a GenX or a babyboomer, whichever you choose. You know you will be welcome at either ;) .

We all love you.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

1964-1969 is often considered a marketing black hole. Not Gen X and not boomer. We've called them cuspers.