Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by darkrider »

I wrote something really extremely long, but then it got deleted. So all I'm going to say is that i hope details aren't left out and not too many special effects. I don't want to feel like I'm watching a bad 1970's verison of Batman Returns.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
unlikelyfan
Settled in Forks

Post by unlikelyfan »

I am just worried they are going to change too many little things to leave me satisfied. Like I heard that James, Laurent, and Victorie are going to be played as enemies from the beginning which i find annoying...I am really excited and I know that the movie cannot mimick the book exactly but if they screw this up I am gognit o be scared for them. Oh, another worry...I have been looking at still pictures from the movie and I do not think they are getting this remarkable looking vampires thing right....Rose's hair looked kind of fried in one picture and she had massive roots....I just need them to be perfect. Is that so hard?! lol

And I hope that we get to experience a lot of Bella's point of views...maybe some internal monologing would be nice.

oh, and the ending....it worries me....I kind of want to see them do sequels...but I do not know if the movie is worthy of them yet.

haha I am just excited it moved up almost a month!!

ps - Edward's skin better make me gasp....I expect to be shocked and in a good way...Oh and I must say that i hope when I see it there is not talking the entire time...I want to get the full effect without an estrogen fest!
missjulie
Settled in Forks

Post by missjulie »

sapient wrote:I'm just worried if they don't have Kristen or Rob contracted for the sequels. Anyone know?
Tyler Lautner said he was contracted to do the sequels IF they make them. I assume the same for Pattinson and Stewart along with the rest of the cast.

unlikelyfan: Don't worry it makes sense in the movie, with them being antagonists from the start. They did have to cram 500 pages into two hours, so making different connections between characters was a necessary plot device. Also, the ending is good, I promise :D (ETA: A friend of mine was in on the production and got to see the movie when it was like, half done. She assured me that it was good!)
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

*Man, I think I am going to be hated... :P

I have a lot of worries about the movie. I have seen many of the trailers that are available, and I am a little skeptical.

I know that book-based-movies are not verbatim, but it really hurts to see clips of the movie that do not parallel with the book (yes, my expectations are pretty high).
After reading The Da Vinci Code first, THEN watching the movie, I was utterly disappointed with the movie. I don't want to have the same feeling with Twilight.

I saw the clip of the ballet studio with Bella, James, and Edward, and I saw that Bella was still fully conscious! She wasn't even knocked to the side. I know that if she was knocked unconscious, then the whole scene would pretty much be thrown out the door, but at least have her knocked against the mirror.
And I also saw the scene where she asks Edward, "How long have you been 17?". Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't she ask that while she was in the car with him while they were coming back from Port Angeles? In the movie, it's a totally different scene.

Also, I hope they don't go all out with the special effects. Those are normally turn offs for me, unless they are done EXTREMELY well (like LOTR well). I wonder how they're going to make Edward sparkle without making it seem too fake.

I'm scared that the movie will turn out terrible (don't get me wrong! I'm not expecting it to be, nor am I wanting it to be!). :/ I just hope that Catherine Hardwicke worked the scenes well and that she will be able to satisfy the crazed Twilight fans.
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

If they did every scene word for word it would be a 4 hour film. I'd like that but it's just not gonna happen. I think it's natural that some scenes are merged and streamlined. As long as the spirit of the book is there, I'll be fine. I trust the actors in their roles and trust that the Director's love of the book and Stephanie's constant involvement will lead to an amazing film.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

AgentCross wrote:If they did every scene word for word it would be a 4 hour film. I'd like that but it's just not gonna happen. I think it's natural that some scenes are merged and streamlined. As long as the spirit of the book is there, I'll be fine. I trust the actors in their roles and trust that the Director's love of the book and Stephanie's constant involvement will lead to an amazing film.
I do agree with you. I would like a 4 hour film... but still. I just sucks that some of the scenes are cut off.

Sigh. I hope it will be amazing! But, regardless, I will sit through the whole movie once or twice.
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i know this is kind of a weird thing to be worried about, but i'm worried about rob covering up his accent. not that i'd mind if his british accent slipped through, but it would be weird if he couldn't talk in a normal voice you know? in the clips i've seen, it doesn't seem too bad but it also seems a little...forced? i dunno if i'm making any sense...i guess i just think that edward's voice should be PERFECT and i'm worried that i'll be underwhelmed.

otherwise, i think the movie will be good. i mean, i'm hoping it will be anyway. i'm a huge fan of the harry potter books, and sometimes the movies just don't do it for me. but! i am determined to go into twilight with an open mind. i'm even going to see it with my sister instead of my friends because i kinda have the feeling that they'll make snarky comments the whole time and ruin it for me. oh, and i'm worried about the sparkling thing too....because that could really take a disastrous turn.

okay...this is a very strange post and for that, i apologize.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
NightCreation
Wandering Through Town

Post by NightCreation »

I just hope I'm not the only guy going to see the movie. And I hope I'm not the only guy there that will scream like a little fangirl everytime I see Rob [AKA Spunk Ransom.....O.o] and Taylor Lautner. I just hope I don't freak out my friends Lizzy and Kelly [which is saying A LOT]
Proud Twilighter Since August 7, 2008 [just because I haven't been a fan for years like most of you, doesn't mean that I'm not as obsessed]
AthenE
Settled in Forks

Post by AthenE »

I don't think the sparkle thing will happen~ but if it does it better not look cheesy or awkward, that would be my only concern- steph approved of what the changed/cut so i'm sure i'll be cool with it too

Side Note: lol i'm planning on dragging 3 guys to the primere with me =) two of which already said yes =p
lol because i think they'll like it and because i don't want somone next to me saying hot hot rob is every
three seconds when i'm trying to watch the movie! (which would happen if i went with my gal pals)
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:i know this is kind of a weird thing to be worried about, but i'm worried about rob covering up his accent. not that i'd mind if his british accent slipped through, but it would be weird if he couldn't talk in a normal voice you know? in the clips i've seen, it doesn't seem too bad but it also seems a little...forced? i dunno if i'm making any sense...i guess i just think that edward's voice should be PERFECT and i'm worried that i'll be underwhelmed.
Don't worry, his American Accent is great. If seen and heard him in several scenes and there is nothing to worry about.
AthenE wrote:I don't think the sparkle thing will happen~ but if it does it better not look cheesy or awkward, that would be my only concern- steph approved of what the changed/cut so i'm sure i'll be cool with it too

Someone in another thread was reading some interview with Robert Pattinson, and they said that they ARE going to make him sparkle (which makes me extremely happy) and he said they tried hundreds of different ways to accomplish this, one of which had something to do with flakes of salt. He said they've decided to now use CGI.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"