The Count of Monte Cristo--the movie

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo--the movie

Post by Nena »

The Count of Monte Cristo is my favorite movie. I have seen it so many times that I think I know everybody's lines. I thought everyone was brilliant. I even loved the mean characters, they were just perfect for their role ( and yeah, I am talking of the latest version).
I wanted to read the book, but my brother in law told me that the book was different and didn't have a happy ending, so I have been avoiding that book for a long time. I am worried that if I read the book I won't like the movie as much :cry:
I have several favorite scenes in this movie, but the funniest part to me is when Edmond and his Italian friend, I think his name is Giacomo, find the Monte Cristo treasure and they are all celebrating and all of the sudden Edmond gets really depressed, Giacomo asks what's wrong and Edmond says that he is going to use all the treasure to plan his vengeance. Giacomo then tries to discourage him from that plan and says something along the line of " We go back, you get your lady back, we look for your enemies, bang, bang, bang, how is that a bad plan?" :lol:
The sword fight at the end with Fernand is also wicked, I get so in to it. I love it when Edmond reveals his identity and throws the chess piece to Fernand and says "kings to you Fernand".

Ok, I can just go on on every single scene. I am obsessed with this movie :geek: I need to stop.
bandnerd218
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bandnerd218 »

that movie is awesome!

Richard Harris = my hero
{^RIP}

[I wish he could have been Dumbledore for all 7 HP movies. i dont like the new actor. totally out of character for Dumbles [which is partly the director's fault probably]]
Jesse=My love.My life.
"I'll sing to you all night if it will keep the bad dreams away" -Edward
"Your Slower than a fat kid on crutches"-Aphrodite;Untamed
"The greener grass on the other side is probably just AstroTurf"-idk
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

I loved the movie (the new, I haven't seen the old one yet) and I'm in the process of reading the book right now (it's a monster :lol: , over 1300 pages).

I loved Richard Harris in it, I miss him, especially when I watch the new HP and I have to watch that guy making Dumbledore all angry and mean :? I just don't like him.

I also liked Henry Cavil. He is really well suited to play movies set centuries ago.
ImageImageImage
Ms.BelleFlanders
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ms.BelleFlanders »

MiharuSkii wrote:I also liked Henry Cavil. He is really well suited to play movies set centuries ago.
OMG! You took the word from my mouth (or the letters from my keyboard, hehe)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I really like this movie. I thought it was awesome. I have yet to read the book yet. But I plan to it's on this list of books to read I have thats like 15 books long! So I'm not sure when I'll get to it but I want to concidering I really like the movie & I've heard the book is good. (I didn't know the actor playing the old man was the original Dumbledore or I don't remember that. That's cool. I'll have to notice next time I watch it.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Garrett&Kate wrote:
cutesweetiezzz wrote:I watched the Count of Monte Cristo in Social Studies class in grade 8.
The old guy was Richard Harris. lol The real dumbledore. :(
I knew the old man seemed so familiar!! Lol! He was a great Dumbledore! R.I.P!

I love The Count Of Monte Cristo! I love everything about it! I can watch it over and over again lol!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^