Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: New Moon~ Lines/Scenes you would like in the movie

Post by debussygirl »

Just saying, Catherine was the one who was not intelligent in deciding things about Twilight.
Who was it that had those weird angles? Who was it that directed the actors? Who was it that changed the entire script? Catherine.
Totally her fault. We don't even know how good or bad of a job Melissa did!!
And who is this source that seems to know everything? See, this isn't how it was last year with Twilight, when big gossip sources weren't trying to squeeze juice out of the movies, like it is now. If anything has "new moon" on it, it'll get attention. So people make up stuff (think of Rob's B.O. issue and those fake twitters). I won't believe it until it comes from a reliable source, and that is not reliable enough for me.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

debussygirl wrote:Just saying, Catherine was the one who was not intelligent in deciding things about Twilight.
Who was it that had those weird angles? Who was it that directed the actors? Who was it that changed the entire script? Catherine.
Totally her fault. We don't even know how good or bad of a job Melissa did!!
And who is this source that seems to know everything? See, this isn't how it was last year with Twilight, when big gossip sources weren't trying to squeeze juice out of the movies, like it is now. If anything has "new moon" on it, it'll get attention. So people make up stuff (think of Rob's B.O. issue and those fake twitters). I won't believe it until it comes from a reliable source, and that is not reliable enough for me.
That's true. Luckily, we have Chris now, whom I trust a lot more than Catherine.

This is random, but I find your current rank really disturbing. :lol:
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^I do too, I do too. Trying to get out of it at the moment!
Yeah, I'm putting so much faith in Chris right now, I just hope he doesn't disappoint like Catherine did last year.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Chris is smart.
Catherine.. basically re wrote every scene again and again.. she wanted it HER way. She didn't even give a flying rats behind about what was in the book, or what Stephenie wanted.
"yeaaa man, this loook awesomeee, man, look at that armadillo in the backround in the biologyy rooom, I waannted that there.. omg this looked cool so I wanted it like thiiissss.. mee me me i want i want i want... yaaa dudeee lets smoke some moree wooohoooo!"

I know Chris won't make that mistake.
He knows that he'll disappoint millions of people if he screws this up and veers away from the book.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

Jadey wrote:Chris is smart.
Catherine.. basically re wrote every scene again and again.. she wanted it HER way. She didn't even give a flying rats behind about what was in the book, or what Stephenie wanted.
"yeaaa man, this loook awesomeee, man, look at that armadillo in the backround in the biologyy rooom, I waannted that there.. omg this looked cool so I wanted it like thiiissss.. mee me me i want i want i want... yaaa dudeee lets smoke some moree wooohoooo!"
HAHA i'm laughing so much right now,
yeah i'm really looking forward to cris' take on the book. Because even though the golden compass was nothing like the book, it wasn't his fault. And i think he will try and stick to the book, because he's not a fan then he doesn''t have his own Views on it, he will just stick to how it was written......i hope.
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

He knows that he'll disappoint millions of people if he screws this up and veers away from the book.

thus why hippies should not direct.
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

JessRuby wrote:
The cliff jumping scene:

You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.

and Edward in her head - "Fight!" he yelled. "Damn it, Bella, keep fighting."

She eyed me speculatively. "How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?"

"I think she's having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her," Alice suggested.

again, Alice <3 !

----
i love those too!! i know they kind of have to have bella and alice's reunion but i really hope they do it right!! i love the grand auto theft quote soooo much!!! they better put it in!!! :D
Betting on Alice.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Honestly, Catherines just so out there.
Everything was about her.
I think she was just being overly creative...and, well, jacked it up big time.
And wtf was with that "underwater dream sequence" she wanted to add in if they had a bigger budget??
I still don't get that.
Oh well. At least Chris isn't a hippie.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by AvidDreamer »

Jadey wrote:

Lol, Jadey! You've nailed Hardwicke's vocabulary/diction perfectly! And you two (Debussygirl also) are right, I've watched the commentary and I know how much she wanted to change everything and make it sexier. Maybe Melissa Rosenberg wasn't wholly responsible and considering that possibility I shouldn't want to send an angry mob after her just yet... :twisted:

As a side note, I just saw pictures of the reunion scene (couldn't help it!!) and I'm so excited to watch the movie. Kristen and Robert have such great chemistry!
MelEponine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MelEponine »

AvidDreamer wrote:I posted this in another thread but it took a really long time to post and no one seemed to notice, so hopefully I will get a reply in this thread that will ease my fears...
AvidDreamer wrote:Maybe I missed it and someone else has already mentioned this, but am I the only one who's hyperventilating after having read this...?!?
Additionally, in the book Edward says he will turn Bella into a vampire only if they marry. In the movie, however, he offers a different ultimatum.
It comes from this article:

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/page/5/
Now, I am a rational person, a Twilight fan who likes to believe that I have a healthy relationship with the series... but reading this is seriously freaking me out. I'm having one of those "Oh-my-god-if-they-do-this-the-whole-movie-is-going-to-be-ruined-and-I-will-hate-Summit-forever" kind of moments. I know I really shouldn't let myself get worked up over this considering the source is stated as being freaking Life & Style magazine, but if Edward doesn't ask Bella to marry him in New Moon after never actually saying "I love you" in Twilight, then Melissa Rosenburg should be fired.

I used to think it was too much when I'd read other fans calling for her to be fired after Twilight, but this is really going too far. There are no words to describe the disappointment I'd feel if she has Edward say or do something out of character like asking Bella to sleep with him instead of marrying him. I mean, she already had him jump on top of her instead of just kissing her... while she was in her underwear... in her bedroom in Twilight. I really wouldn't be surprised if the movies took the low road and had him ask her something like this instead, but I hope they don't... One of the reasons I like the Twilight Saga so much is that it is seriously romantic without being smut like a lot of other vampire fiction out there. Edward's supposed to be the consummate gentleman and I'm just really afraid of what this "other ultimatum" could be.

And even if my worst fears aren't confirmed and they just leave it out, having him just ask her to stay human for longer or something like that instead, it still isn't Edward as Stephenie Meyer intended. He wants Bella to marry him. Yes, he's way older and she's only 18, but this is the story that we love and changing it isn't going to improve it. Is Hollywood really that afraid of commitment that they would shy away from a love story where the male lead actually wants to get married?

/end rant :oops:
I have a spoiler-ish answer for you. Don't read if you don't wanna know....

I'm warning you....

From the information I've gotten, he is going to ask for more time. He says he'll do it if she agrees to wait another 5 years. Or even three. And I think that's very in character. I do, however, wish they would leave that in!!! "What condition?" "Marry me first." Perhaps my favorite line in New Moon. I get giddy just thinking about it! I can see how they might not want to cross that bridge yet in the series for a number of reasons. 1) Having to explain why Bella doesn't want to marry him in a way that doesn't make her seem selfish, stupid, and not really in love with him is going to take some development time. At this point in the story arc of the movie... it would be a little awkward. 2) They haven't been dating very long. And Edward's been gone for a long time at this point, so the time they've actually spent together is pretty minimal. Now, we all know that they've been desperately devoted to each other since before chapter 13 of book one. But I can see how a studio of adults may not want to put that out there for the teenage audience (and more importantly for the groups that love to tear movies apart labeling them unwholesome.) 3) The proposal in Eclipse may be even more dramatic without this. In New Moon, we get enough romantic goodness just from their reunion. The Eclipse proposal can be even more effective if audiences don't know it's coming. (Of course we all do.... but you know what I mean.) I do think they'll embrace Edward's desire ti get married. It's a huge aspect of his character. He isn't the romantic, gentlemanly, turn-of-the-century hottie we love if he isn't aching to marry Bella. They'll embrace it... they just might not do it yet.

I'm not saying I really agree with this, but I can see where they're coming from on a story telling perspective. This is one of those times where my degree in filmmaking and my Twilight fangirl-ness leave me conflicted.

It's still possible that they may have changed things since this information got out. They script I read didn't have them saying "I love you." It seems to me they were taking a cue from the fans on that one. Maybe they will/did with the not-quite-a-proposal-yet proposal. Don't worry. I think New Moon is going to be terrific.