Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Um, do we know who's playing Zuko yet?
Because I'm intensely concerened about that.
And I'm okay with older actors, so long as they look young and aren't too much older (like Robert Pattinson... UGH)
Last edited by dandyvampgirl_13 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Dev Patel is playing Zuko. He's the guy from Slumdog Millionaire. I agree about the older guy thing. I think Jackson will be able to pull off Sokka. I think it's his personality that will make it the most realistic.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

TillyWhitlock wrote:Dev Patel is playing Zuko. He's the guy from Slumdog Millionaire. I agree about the older guy thing. I think Jackson will be able to pull off Sokka. I think it's his personality that will make it the most realistic.
agreed. and omg your signature made me laugh sooo much...I got down to the "I throw a boomerang" and i just died
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Ifeellikerain wrote:
TillyWhitlock wrote:Dev Patel is playing Zuko. He's the guy from Slumdog Millionaire. I agree about the older guy thing. I think Jackson will be able to pull off Sokka. I think it's his personality that will make it the most realistic.
agreed. and omg your signature made me laugh sooo much...I got down to the "I throw a boomerang" and i just died

I was going to put that first. But I like the time hole thing too. I think people who don't know his movies and the Criminal Minds episode aren't going to realize some of the roles.

I was just watching Avatar and Aang said to Sokka "You're the plan guy." and he said "So I'm the only one who can ever come up with a plan? That's a lot of pressure." Then Katara said "You're also the complaining guy." And Sokka replied with "That part I don't mind' I started dying when I heard it. I was like that is so Jackson.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

jackson rathbone as Sokka??! :lol: thats a joke right??! wow... this is at the top of my see-to-laugh list!! :lol: :!:
Betting on Alice.
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

omg did anyone see the new pics? there's one that was on the twilight lexicon main page the other day and it links to another pic. I think aang looks good but I dunno about Zuko. what do you think?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... htm?csp=34
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^Zuko needs to lose the hair, and then he'll be good.
And I think I like Jackson as Sokka! I can see him playing hte part, oddly, since I've only ever seen him act in Twilight, and there he didn't do a lot. Just, stood around and looked constipated.

And I can talk about the series now, since I've finished it. Finally.
The last two chapters were AMAZING. I think that was some of the most beautiful animated fight scenes I've ever seen ever.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Ifeellikerain wrote:omg did anyone see the new pics? there's one that was on the twilight lexicon main page the other day and it links to another pic. I think aang looks good but I dunno about Zuko. what do you think?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... htm?csp=34
THANK YOU for posting that link! Did I miss other photos? Do you have the link to more photos?

I agree... Zuko's hair isn't right, but I'm not hung up on it. Also - did I miss it, but where is his scaring? His face is too "perfect." Aang looks younger than I imagined, but again, not a big deal.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

yeah zukos hair bugs me a bit and im hoping the scar is just not visible in that scene? i dunno, maybe its a flashback zuko??? i thought aang looked really good though, and you can see the tattoos somewhat. anyways yeah thats the only pics i've found but when i get some more time i will definitely look for more :)
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by AvidDreamer »

I'm so happy I found this thread! I love Avatar! I've seen most of the series including the final episodes and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one! I definitely felt like a dork watching it late at night while my husband worked on his computer :oops:, but we're in our mid 20s so it's not too bad... I'm only 15 years older than the show's intended audience. :lol:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the movie though like many others have stated, I'm a little surprised with some of the casting choices. I definitely thought that the roles were going to be filled by predominantly east Asian actors, though it is nice to see that there is still some ethnic diversity in the cast. I have faith that M.Night will create a very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing film that is great for the whole family, but since he does have a tendency to put a dark spin/twist on things (Lady In The Water), I wonder just how dark this movie will be. I don't want it to lose any of the great humor or optimism essential to the series, but I think he's a great choice as a director because the cartoon wasn't all fluff, there's substance and darkness in the material and I think that's one of the reasons why the show was so popular.

Also, thanks for posting the pictures of the actors in costume Rain! The little boy who plays Aang is so cute! And maybe Zuko's scar will be added with CG?