True Love? Reality or Myth

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:54 pm

I believe in true love. Why? Because I think there's always someone out there for you. Some people are just too lazy, and don't want to find that person. Some people don't realize what they have in front of them. And some people are lucky enough to have their true love right there with them. And mainly because I lived in a childhood full of happiness and love, and looking at my parents who've been together almost 20 years, I always wanted something like that. True love exists. Love is not an illusion. It's not some magic trick that fools yourself into having sex so you can have kids. Love is an emotion, that exists among people. Sadly in this world, true love is hard to find now with all these people divorcing and infidelity and such. That's why people are skeptical. But I think true love is out there.
Image
User avatar
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 am
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby n0vaice » Wed May 27, 2009 9:27 pm

vampirenerd wrote:I agree that some people enjoy the single life. Does that mean that they don't believe in true love? Or are they just having fun until they find their true love? I never really enjoyed the single life. But then again I met my fiance when I was 17 and we've been together ever since.


your story made me teary. Well I'm a single guy and I do enjoy the single life. The fun and the freedom. But being single is like a party for me. Who's going to help me clean-up the mess after the fun is over. It hits you hard when you realize your alone and finding the person to help you with after the party is remote. :( Being single is only fun if you live in a fast paced life when you only need to think about the present and enjoy the moment. But when the ride is over you realize it.

BTW vampirenerd great insight about having more than one soul mate. :)
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
Image
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
User avatar
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 13706
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby gamb1t » Wed May 27, 2009 9:36 pm

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote: Some people are just too lazy, and don't want to find that person. Some people don't realize what they have in front of them. And some people are lucky enough to have their true love right there with them. A


I think that pretty much hits it on the head. I do believe in karma....even though bad things do happen to good people. But I feel if you work hard enough and really try...you'll be rewarded in the end. I think too many people just lay around and expect their soul mate to walk into their lives...which is usually where the argument begins about true love not existing. However...I guess to expand a bit on the thread...is true love everlasting? Or, only everlasting if both parties are willing to work for it?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby n0vaice » Wed May 27, 2009 9:45 pm

gamb1t wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote: Some people are just too lazy, and don't want to find that person. Some people don't realize what they have in front of them. And some people are lucky enough to have their true love right there with them. A


I think that pretty much hits it on the head. I do believe in karma....even though bad things do happen to good people. But I feel if you work hard enough and really try...you'll be rewarded in the end. I think too many people just lay around and expect their soul mate to walk into their lives...which is usually where the argument begins about true love not existing. However...I guess to expand a bit on the thread...is true love everlasting? Or, only everlasting if both parties are willing to work for it?


Well IMO people who don't do anything are not all lazy. Like me I'm too scared to try and plus I live in a half-fast paced life. Being single sometimes blinds me of enjoying the moment. Like I said my life is a party and it's not over yet. But I know it's going to end. Sooner or later.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
Image
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
User avatar
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 13706
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby debussygirl » Wed May 27, 2009 9:56 pm

gamb1t wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote: Some people are just too lazy, and don't want to find that person. Some people don't realize what they have in front of them. And some people are lucky enough to have their true love right there with them. A


I think that pretty much hits it on the head. I do believe in karma....even though bad things do happen to good people. But I feel if you work hard enough and really try...you'll be rewarded in the end. I think too many people just lay around and expect their soul mate to walk into their lives...which is usually where the argument begins about true love not existing. However...I guess to expand a bit on the thread...is true love everlasting? Or, only everlasting if both parties are willing to work for it?

Love takes work. Ask any couple. It's not like the storybooks say, with a "happily ever after" right at the end. Both people have to want to stay in a relationship and have to be willing to work for it.
I'm young and can only base my answers off of my observations rather than personal experience, but I look at my grandparents who have been married 48 years, and think of all the rough times they had as my mom grew up, especially with my Pop-pop being in the military, and I know that they had it tough. I'm sure when my Pop-pop was gone (especially during the Vietnam War) that my Grandma wanted to give up. But they love each other. And through all of the difficult patches I think that they're love has grown stronger and now I just can't imagine them being apart.
So that's true love. Working it out even if the world doesn't make it easy, because you can't imagine being apart from the other person.
Image
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
User avatar
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: preparing for next winter

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby n0vaice » Wed May 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Hmmm. I wonder if a person can justify if true love exist if he or she has never experienced
love. I have once. But I'm not sure if it was love. just a thought I wanted to post.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
Image
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
User avatar
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 13706
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby gamb1t » Wed May 27, 2009 10:43 pm

n0vaice wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if a person can justify if true love exist if he or she has never experienced
love. I have once. But I'm not sure if it was love. just a thought I wanted to post.


That's an interesting point. I'm not really sure....That would really blind the boundaries between first love and true love. Granted, your first love could be your true love...but that doesn't happen very often. Or maybe to expand on this....maybe true love is different for everyone, which makes sense because everyone looks for different things in a relationship. And as my earlier post...I wasn't referring to all people being lazy that hadn't found their true love. I'm just saying some people (and I actually know a few)...just expect that someone will walk into their life at any time. Maybe this will happen..Maybe it won't...but I guess that's part of the mystery behind the topic in general.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby n0vaice » Wed May 27, 2009 10:49 pm

gamb1t wrote:
n0vaice wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if a person can justify if true love exist if he or she has never experienced
love. I have once. But I'm not sure if it was love. just a thought I wanted to post.


That's an interesting point. I'm not really sure....That would really blind the boundaries between first love and true love. Granted, your first love could be your true love...but that doesn't happen very often. Or maybe to expand on this....maybe true love is different for everyone, which makes sense because everyone looks for different things in a relationship. And as my earlier post...I wasn't referring to all people being lazy that hadn't found their true love. I'm just saying some people (and I actually know a few)...just expect that someone will walk into their life at any time. Maybe this will happen..Maybe it won't...but I guess that's part of the mystery behind the topic in general.


Thanks. I agree. As I posted earlier I think people should define what true love is for them before jumping to other ideas.
So that we can see what angle they are coming from and we can better understand their posts.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
Image
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
User avatar
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 13706
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby remylebeauishot » Thu May 28, 2009 4:53 am

True love absolutely exists, and in many different forms. I know the love between a child and parent is true love. The love that lasts through the absolute worst times is true. The love that sees the other person in the most disgusting situations and can still kiss them goodnight is true. The love that knows the worst things about someone yet still endures is true. Love is an emotion. It changes with time, but how it changes will tell you if it is true romantic love. If you love your spouse at first, but then start seeing them more as a sibling, not true romantic love, but it has changed into a different kind of love. Love can become more comfortable as time goes on, and I believe that is the best kind of true love, as long as the passion for the other person is still there. So much to say on this topic!!! Great idea Gamb1t!!!
Can't get enough FFic!!! Argh!!!
User avatar
remylebeauishot
Buying a Better Raincoat
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:16 am

Re: True Love? Reality or Myth

Postby vampirenerd » Thu May 28, 2009 9:17 am

n0vaice wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if a person can justify if true love exist if he or she has never experienced
love. I have once. But I'm not sure if it was love. just a thought I wanted to post.


I would have to say yes. SImply b/c before I ever experienced love myself I saw my parents and grandparents. My grandparents have been together for almost fifty years and my parents for 23. Just watching them and seeing how happy they were together even when things weren't the best. The first eight years of my life my dad was trying to start his company and we didn't have very much money at all. Things were really rough and I'm sure it wasn't easy for them but they were always so happy and you could just tell they were in love. Now the business is doing great and they're pretty well off. Even money didn't change them b/c they're just as in love and happy as they've always been. I always knew that when I started to look for someone to have a relationship with I wanted someone who I could be as happy with as my parents were.
Image
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:39 pm
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

PreviousNext

Return to Quench Your Thirst

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron