Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: Non Book-based Scenes

Post by soozabooza54 »

Ooooh yes, where are the links to that? :)

I love the restaurant scene... where she wants to touch him, but he pulls away. Fantastic.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

has anyone notice the part in the 2nd trailer where Charlie tells Bella about a person being "attacked" by an animal...? And then they flash to some guy in a factory being dragged... i want to know what that was all about! I saw the trailer w/ my mom and she was all like "was that in the book??" And then it got me thinking about this thread...
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I believe that is the scene in the marina where the "bad vamps" kill the security guy - yup, not in the book.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
KristenPattinson
Settled in Forks

Post by KristenPattinson »

Tengo Nubs. wrote: ^^do you have a link to the girl who has the pictures?
http://imstillwandering.blogspot.com/20 ... -port.html

There are the pics and recap of the set visit with the restaurant scene. The vids of the crash scene are by someone else I think, but they're all on YouTube and there are about 8 of them. I think they're labeled both "Crash scene" and "St. Helen's". Something like that. :)
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

ok so I went through some of those pictures and I found this one: http://bp0.blogger.com/_4KZJTzI2PZw/SBo ... et+027.jpg

I think my heart stopped completely. Holy mother of god, he has the dazzle thing down pat.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

okay...i completely forgot where this conversation happened, but we were discussin the random apple Bella had in her hand when she was walking back to her car before Edward saves her from the van...here's something i just found from Melissa Roesenburg in an MTV interview about several added scenes...
Rosenberg: Well, we wanted to [depict] Edward's agility and strength, so we created scenes in which he grabs Bella and jumps out a window or he catches an apple that rolls off the table and hands it back to her. trying to find ways in which to show the different Cullens' abilities and strengths.

...does this answer that question? Anyone else think that's the same "apple" she's holding when walking back to her car? This might also explain the whole floating apple thing we saw in the Comic Con behind the scenes video from earlier in the year? I' just rambling along with brainstorming...im pretty sure i'm wrong on both counts haha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
freeml
Wandering Through Town

Post by freeml »

I am a little worried about the accident scene. In the book, Bella kind of knows what's going on, but she can't rationalize it in her head (did he REALLY just stop the car with his bare hands!?!). And she doesn't really know WHAT she saw, which is why she doesn't confront him until she is at the hospital. She knows something is up, but she also thinks she's crazy.

In the trailer, it's like she is sitting there staring at him like Oh my God how did you do that! and she is aware the whole time. But she (is supposed to have) hit her head! And the accident isn't the same (like the van doesn't keep coming after her; Edward only stops it once as opposed to the book where he stopped it twice AND moved her legs out of the way so they wouldn't be crushed).

Reading that part of the book, I was kind of confused as to how the accident happened (just like where things were situated, how the van kept coming, etc). I really wanted to be able to see it on screen so I could understand it better!

As for other scenes...

I hope they don't screw up the "Theory" chapter (when Bella tells him what she knows and he confirms it). I know they changed it to the woods instead of in the car, and I am wondering how they got out there!!

The fight scene with James is different because Bella is supposed to be unconscious (or on the verge of it) but in the trailers she is plenty awake!
EDIT: I just saw an extended version of the Ballet Studio scene on YouTube, and it is very different! I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean, I totally understand that they are not taking the movie word-for-word from the book, but still. After James crushes her leg, Edward picks Bella up, and tries to jump, but James catches his leg, and Edward drops Bella onto the shattered glass, while James launches him out a window. And Edward actually watches James bite Bella! I really want to know when the others show up to finish James off, because in another video clip, it shows Alice taking James' head off while Emmett and Jasper hold him.

And that part where Charlie said someone was attacked by an animal. At first I thought he was talking about the wolves! And I was like: wait a minute, that's New Moon! But yea, it probably has something to do with the nomads (unless they wanted to get a running start on NM)
Last edited by freeml on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~The future's bright, but she is brighter~ Alice's song!!

~And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways~ Midgnight sun
imasadgiraffe
Settled in Forks

Post by imasadgiraffe »

mlola619 wrote:okay...i completely forgot where this conversation happened, but we were discussin the random apple Bella had in her hand when she was walking back to her car before Edward saves her from the van...here's something i just found from Melissa Roesenburg in an MTV interview about several added scenes...
Rosenberg: Well, we wanted to [depict] Edward's agility and strength, so we created scenes in which he grabs Bella and jumps out a window or he catches an apple that rolls off the table and hands it back to her. trying to find ways in which to show the different Cullens' abilities and strengths.

...does this answer that question? Anyone else think that's the same "apple" she's holding when walking back to her car? This might also explain the whole floating apple thing we saw in the Comic Con behind the scenes video from earlier in the year? I' just rambling along with brainstorming...im pretty sure i'm wrong on both counts haha

The scene where she is carrying the object back to her car is after biology class where her and Edward are identifying phases of onion root under the microscope. She is carrying a golden onion (another non-book based add-in).
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

I'm actually really excited to see scenes that Bella isn't in. The whole series is Bella's perspective (sans BD Book 2), so we never get to see what's going on with Edward when he's not with her. I wonder if, since SM gave Rob the MS manuscript, they might be using that to base some of the Cullens' scenes. I really want to see the stuff like the hunting weekend with Emmett, Alice's excitement at meeting Bella, and how all the Cullens reacted to the whole situation in the first place.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I so want that part that was hilarious in the book.
grbnte wrote: I just want Alice to get to say her line about it sounding like Edward was having Bella for lunch and wanting to see if he'd share! hehehe
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!