The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

somethingblue
The Godmother

Re: The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by somethingblue »

una wrote: My only heartbreak was my first love. I did what most gals, I think, do which is cry...a lot. I was so horribly crushed by him. This was in high school, I was a Senior and he was a Junior. I graduated and during the summer, he broke my heart. I will never forget the words, "We are fundamentally different. It is over." He was so cold, I was SO hurt. We had all the same friends so I felt completely abandoned. After long cries, listening to music and throwing myself into school (community college) and my internship, I worked through it. Like in the movie, "French Kiss", one day I finally woke up and couldn't remember his exact eye color, couldn't hear his voice, he had finally left me and I was able to begin again. Took me about a year though...but I was definitely stronger and wiser after and much more careful with my heart. However, my friends accused me of being a serial dater for a while but it paid off. Dated a few, ok, several guys, went off to University and found my true love.
Una - I am SO with you on this story! My first love was a sophomore when I as a senior (cradle robber, but the boy was HOT - perhaps the best looking guy at my small school and I couldn't believe he liked me!) and I fell so hard for him, I have to say. Football player, blond hair, blue eyes, told me I was beautiful. Yup, I was down for the count. The next year I went away to college. I found out he really felt he was so hot, he needed to share himself with many, many girls back at home. He lied about it too. I didn't want to believe that he would do that at first, but sadly, so many pretty boys are too smooth for my own good (ha!) Finally, three years after we fell in love, it was over. It took me a few years after that to get over him. He got married when he was 20, about 6 months after the last time we saw each other. To this day, I am amazed and a little disgruntled at myself for really putting up with that garbage. I was crushed too. But I would not be the woman I am today if that had not happened, so ultimately, he did me a favor by being a lying, cheating, womanizing first love - um, I think.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Thanks Tamalyn for sharing your story. That must have been hard to share and definitely difficult to live through. I am glad you are here as a strong individual to share your experience.

Thank you to all you ladies for sharing your stories. I am teary, but moved in a positive way. I feel blessed to have never had my heart seriously broken. I definitely had some serious crushes that never developed and left me a bit "heart broken", but nothing that was already a relationship. In fact, every boyfriend I had (which is very few and all in college), we mutually went our separate ways when the semester was up. There was never even a discussion or talk about it. We just said goodbye and have a great summer. They were apparently not very serious boyfriends.

The only boyfriend I had that continued over the summer and into the next year was the boyfriend I married. And, I can truly say that he was my first love.

Misfit-Love the photos. I now want to go to Ireland. I went as a kid, but apparently not to those amazing cliffs. Wow. Glad you had a fun and busy trip with your family. It was neat to see some of your drive up the coast. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

This is long, i'm sorry!!

How to deal/not deal with heartbreak?

Don’t get drunk with your ex and his new girlfriend (who happened to be a good friend of yours before she took him) on cheap night, consume a near lethal amount of rum, walk home alone, fall into your bureau and cut your side wide open, crash into the bedroom floor and land head first in a pile of his enchilada/guacamole/salsa encrusted clothes while a concerned friend tries to pull you up to your bed to tuck you in.

Don’t be so drunk that in a fit of complete and utter insanity that same night you decide that cutting your hair yourself will make you hot enough for him to take you back.

Don’t wear a six-foot long toque to your anthropology class the next morning to hide your shame before you can get to the mall to get your head fixed. The professor will probably make you take it off. And then gasp in horror.

Don’t try to lie to the hairdresser who is trying to fix your hair the next day and tell her that your friends pulled a prank on you while your friend is on the other side of the shop telling them the truth.

I am full of don’ts because everything I did when he (we’ll call him ‘A’) left me was WRONG!

After doubting the fact that anyone would or could love me, I FINALLY allowed myself to fall in love with someone for the first time at the ripe old age of 22. Unfortunately I had taken too long to realize that I loved him and was too scared to tell him. He stuck around as long as he could and even gave me the opportunity to tell him to break off his new relationship with my former friend, but I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t tell him to break up with her, I didn’t want to be the bad guy.

So it was my own insecurities that resulted in my broken heart, which even today, 13 years later, still pangs when I think about him.

He came into my life quite by accident, and things progressed quickly. He had been living with me at the time, living on my bedroom floor so the landlady wouldn’t see him, when we initially hooked up. He got cold one night, asked if he could crawl in with me (which wasn’t a strange request, my group of friends was always crashing in the same bed together) and he didn’t leave.

I had five blissful and intense months with ‘A.’ Five months of waking up to someone looking me in the eye and telling me I was beautiful. Five months of having someone treat me like something other than a fat cow. Five months of actually feeling beautiful, of loving my own flaws, my curves, my jiggles. Five months of looking forward to being alive.

Yet all along there was part of me that doubted his intentions. There was a voice in the back of my head nagging at me that he was using me, that he was just in it for the cheap rent, that he was too good for me. These doubts drove him nuts. He spent a lot of time trying to make me believe that he wasn’t going to hurt me.

Then I believed him, was about to finally tell him face-to-face that I was unequivocally in love with him, and he tells me that he’s met someone else…my now ex-friend ‘X’

Yup.

Oh, but then he says that he would end it with her if I wanted him to. I didn’t want to come off like the evil witch (which happened anyway for some ungodly reason—I mean I was the one who lost her man, why was I the villain?) so I told him to be with her. He cried, I cried, and he left me. I went away to clear my head for a couple of days, realized that I couldn’t live without him and when I came back to tell him, he said it was too late.

Too late.

So, the three of us went out, got drunk and…well, read my don’ts again and you’ll find out pretty quick what happened.

The thing was, ‘A’ and I were still the best of friends while they dated until she threatened to break up with him if he didn’t stop hanging out with me. She felt threatened (and rightly she should have…*evil grin*). Eventually we stopped hanging out. It was harder losing him the second time.

He eventually left her and moved out west and I haven't seen him in at least 10 years. Just before he left I ran into him and he looked awful. He looked at me with his sad, old soul, brown eyes and said sorry. He gave me a hug and that was the last time i saw him. I think of him often and hope that one day we'll meet up again, even just as friends, because he gave me a gift in that short time and i would love to return the favour.

Pathetic, eh? My story isn't devastating, it's just pathetic.
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Here you go paranormal stud of the day! This guy is TEAM JACOB! This was taken on First Beach in La Push and yes he did go for a swim! The girls loved them; yes them as in pleural 5 guys from the army were there and had no problem showing off for the ladies. I am sure they got about 200 phone numbers by the end of the night. More photo and group action will come later.

http://hwcdn.net/e7e8i3y9/cds/pics/JR5_7729.jpg

:shock: :mrgreen: :D ;) :twisted:
Enjoy
Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Misfit wrote:Here you go paranormal stud of the day! This guy is TEAM JACOB! This was taken on First Beach in La Push and yes he did go for a swim! The girls loved them; yes them as in pleural 5 guys from the army were there and had no problem showing off for the ladies. I am sure they got about 200 phone numbers by the end of the night. More photo and group action will come later.

http://hwcdn.net/e7e8i3y9/cds/pics/JR5_7729.jpg

:shock: :mrgreen: :D ;) :twisted:
Enjoy
Misfit.
Misfit, you know how to make a girl's day.

I'd switch teams (briefly) if it meant heading to the kitchen with that guy. :twisted:
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Misfit, thank you for the eye candy. Although he must not have gone in that freezing water yet! :shock:

That is my gutter moment, now back to our serious discussion!

I can empathize with you Oleander! When 'E' broke my heart, I never thought I would heal. I tried to win him back but the meaning of "fundamentally different" was that I was waiting 'til marriage and he dumped me for an "easier" girl. I remember showing up at the co-friend events, looking great and leaving miserable and alone. The worst were the looks from our shared friends...nothing worse than seeing the look of sympathy in everyone's eyes. I finally stopped going and let my ties to them end. It's what took me so long to get over my heart break since I didn't just lose my love, I lost my friends too. This was such a maturing experience for me.

Then when I had finally healed up my heart, finished up at community college and was deciding where to go for university out of where I had been accepted, 'E' appears back in my life. He was attending one of the colleges I had been accepted to. He implied in his few conversations with me that things could change, that we might be together again and all of this hinged on where I choose to go to school. His school wasn't my first choice and I battled with myself on going there. After three years, I thought I was fine, but when he showed back up, I realized that deep down inside I still loved him. Part of me still does even after all these years. However, I never wanted to choose a school based on a boy, nor was I going to risk not only my heart but my future on a boy. I didn't go to that school, I haven't heard from him since.

He was my first love, I will always love that boy, but the man his is today is not the boy I loved. I married the man I love, who really is my soul-mate. I couldn't be happier and although it can be a little sad remembering this, I still wouldn't change a thing. Well, it'd have been great to not have the heart break but I think, like Blue said, it made me stronger, wiser, more mature and lead me to my mate.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

It was a lot of fun they knew nothing about Twilight but once a few of the girls told them the back story and actually READ them some chapters this guy shouted at the top of his lungs. "This is the REAL team Jacob!" I have more and so does the wife we are trying to put it all together but I am still paying catching up with work and all.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

I love how we can share such great stories - both happy and sad - and feel so comfortable with each other.

I never had to deal with heartbreak in breakup. Sadly, the only breakups I was involved in were me doing the breaking up. I was never very heartbroken about it. Although, there was one guy I felt guilty about leading on - he threatened his life when I told him goodbye.

Misfit - love the eye candy, and I can't wait for more Forks pictures!

Yay - Sprtygal found me this new avi!
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Thanks Una & Oleander for relating your heartbreak stories. I have one of my own but mine ended up ending tragically, it probably could have been part of a short story.

So, it was the summer before my Senior year of college (I went to a very small college, so some of us tended to stay there all year round and because most of my friends were "townies" meaning they lived there) and my friends and I attended an after hours party (usually happened once the bars closed down) and I ended up meeting the person who I consider my soul mate.

Like any girl, I wasn't interested at first but after spending the whole summer together, I ended up falling madly in love. Well when the semester started, things changed between us. He started dating other girls but when he was alone or didn't have a girlfriend, he came looking for me and there I was like a lost puppy.

Eventually ended up graduating and during the summer moved down to the beach and there I was going down every there every weekend (5 hour drive) to be with him. Well there would be times that I got lucky and was able to spend time with him but other times when he asked me to stop by his place, he wasn't there but other with other girls. His friends which I knew before him kept telling me to let him go but me being stubborn, I still stuck around.

So, summer's over and I'm back at school (needing 1 class to graduate), he shows up and so it all starts over again. Well by the time summer rolls around, I find myself with child. I tell him he's a dad and the first thing out of his mouth is "Are you sure I'm the father." Well that was a real blow to the gut and kind of put all my feelings for him on the back burner.

Well to make a long story short, 3 years later, I find out that his parents sent him to rehab in FL and he met this 16 year old girl there (we were 25 and he was engaged at the time) and they checked themselves out rented a car and drove back to MD. Well come to find out he and this girl took a whole bunch of herion and ended up committing suicide.

When I was told about what had happened, I felt like his drug addiction became my fault because if he actually made an effort to see/get to know his son then things would have been different but I soon found out that he was far gone before our son was even born.

So, even though we had our issues, I loved him with all I had and I found out that he loved me too but didn't know how to explain me (because I'm bi-racial) to his family so that was his reason behind us not "really" being together.

It's been 9 years since his death and I've dated guys but I can't seem to find someone who tugs at my heart like he did.

So in the end, I got an awesome son out the deal and a lesson learned on true love.

Sorry to be a downer but I just thought I'd share my story.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Hey DGG's!

I just poppin' in to let you know that after four days with no power or hot water...we are back on-line! Hurricane Ike kicked our butt. Who expects a hurricane in the midwest? Cincinnati...hello?!

Anyway, I'll post horrific pics later. We are safe. The house isok. It will take professionals to clean up the yard.

As you were...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry