Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by jenni_elyse »

A Christmas Story is such a fun movie! It's the only Christmas movie I like to watch. However, to Twilightize it. :shock: Um...thinking....

Ralphie, like Bella, wants something more than anything else in the world, but everyone keeps telling him that he doesn't really know what he's asking for. Unlike Bella, however, when he does get what he wants, he has a complete mishap, whereas Bella thrives and finds her niche in the universe.

I hope that was okay. :oops:

Twilightize: Journey to the Center of the Earth -- I just saw that on Saturday. It was really good and a lot of fun. I'm actually excited to read the book now!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
lilac-and-lavender
Wandering Through Town

Post by lilac-and-lavender »

Sorry I've never seen "A Christmas Story" or "The Pink Panther" or some of the others, so I've just been lurking.
I did see "Jumper" and while I didn't love it (I didn't hate it either) my boys did. I think for me the problem was that I really, really enjoyed the book and the movie was just so different.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled twilightize
I think it was Journey to the center of the earth I haven't seen that either :cry:
Thank you Fry-You da'bomb
eeny meeny miny moe
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I've seen 3 different versions of Journey to the Center of the Earth, but I can't Twilightize it. Here's a very lame attempt:

The Professor guy: Carlisle
The Widow who falls for Professor: Esme
Young Apprentice: Edward
The silly goose from original movie: Bella
Crazy Foreign Guy: Jacob

I'm ashamed at that attempt.

Twilightize: Love Story
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Hey, Everyone! *waves*

I have a question/concern that I would like to get some advice from you all if that's possible. I have a friend of mine, Pattie, who has been working with me at school. Pattie is having trouble with her boss. Pattie always seems to be on the outside of her work and not be totally involved with anything. She's just told what to do and isn't asked about her imput at work. Last week Pattie didn't have enough money and opted out to go out to lunch with her coworkers. Her boss approached her and said she was being uncooperative and is trying her best to be outside. Just a note, Pattie is in her mid-50s and has a low self esteem. Her boss is in her late twenties and has a big ego problem. I tried to give Pattie some tips on how to handle these situations, but I feel that it is extremely unfair to punish someone due to problems they can not control. What would you do if you were in Pattie's situation? She is at the point now that she's seriously looking for another job.

On a lighter note, I've been lurking in the hash for a while because I didn't see any of the movies that were posted until this one. I must have a cold heart because I couldn't stand Love Story. Here's my lame attempt in twilightizing Love Story:

The two characters come from different parts of life and meet at college. One is rich while the other is poor. Edward and Bella are completely different: one vamp, the other human. The couples get together even with all of their struggles. The girl in love story develops cancer, I think, and then dies. Bella becomes very sick when she has Nessie, dies but then becomes a vamp to live with Edward and the Cullens forever.

TW: A Midsummer Night's Dream
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

Ugh, Cullengirl... my heart aches for Pattie! She sounds like one of those people who is inward and modest but whose shyness comes across as snotty or stuck-up to people who have chips on their shoulders (like this boss, apparantly). I'm a very non-confrontational type of gal, so my ideas might not be the best ones. But I would say that Pattie either needs to learn to speak up for herself or... maybe she would be happier at another job with a boss that isnt' so inconsiderate.

The problem is, she can run from this boss but she can't run from every jerk in the world. We all come across people like this in our lives. Maybe she's run into a few too many in her life, and that's why she's so low on self-esteem? Poor lady.

I certainly feel like she shouldn't have to explain herself to anyone. The boss doesn't deserve it, and she shouldn't have to stoop to his level. But, if it makes it easier for her, she might want to just sit down and express what's really going on. She shouldn't have to, but sometimes stupid people require a certain touch. If she can mutser up the guts, it may benefit her greatly to sit down with this guy and say, "Look... I am just a private person. My finances are not condusive to the same lifestyle you might be used to. I am sorry if I come across as an outsider, but I really am not doing it on purpose." Or something like that. *shrug* I'm not good at this stuff myself, so I really pity poor Pattie!

(say that five times fast)

MSND: That's an easy one, what with all the BD comparisons. I will take the easy way out and use the obvious...

Edward loves Bella, but Bella keeps beaming everytime Jake comes in the room. Jacob loves Bella, but hates vampires and she's a vampire lover. Bella loves Edward, but he hates the baby she's having and so she's keeping him at an emotional distance. Nobody is happy. And then in comes the magical little Nessie with her magical little powers and fixes everything... everyone gets to be with the one they love, everyone gets to have a happy ending. Poof!

That was painful to type.

Twilightize: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (my new favorite movie)
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Thanks for the advice, Lisa! I'm not a confrontatial person either but when if it's something that has been bothering me all day, I sit down with the person and let them know what's going on. Normally, I'm a person who keeps things to myself and internalize all emotions until it's something that I can no longer control. I know it's not healthy and I'm working on it.

I don't know if it's ironic or just plain sad, but the boss is also female. What strikes me is that she doesn't have this attitude with any of the other coworkers. I've seen her boss work with others. It is true the boss is extremely moody but it makes me upset when the boss takes her frustrations out on Pattie. Maybe because she knows that Pattie won't say anything back? I haven't talked to Pattie in a few days but I plan on chatting with her on the phone.

I'll have to pass on Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, because I haven't seen it but I do love Lee Pace (from Pushing Daisies). If you all haven't seen that show, you must. It reminds me of Bella and Edward angst. LOL
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Hey all, I'm new to the H-Hash thread ... so forgive me if I don't get it right at the beginning. ;) I had to jump in, however, because I adore Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day.

Here goes:

In Miss Pettigrew there's a gorgeous girl, Delysia Lafosse, who has—to all outward observers—everything she could want. That's Rosalie. Delysia has a social secretary, Guinevere Pettigrew, who's mousy and shy, and not just a bit sarcastic, and doesn't think she has much to offer. That's Bella. Delysia, in the end, runs away with her best friend and the best man for her, Michael, to live in obscurity (the vamps have to keep their cover) but in true love (Rosalie + Emmett). Miss Pettigrew ends up snagging a wealthy fashion designer, Joe (Edward), who loves her for her, not for her outward appearances. He can't help but fall in love with her (much like Ed can't help falling in love with Bella) and even says at one point that he's been looking for her all his life (like Ed says to Bella).

Whee! I think I did all right with that one. :)

Now, Twilightize Bridget Jones' Diary. (Should be easy ... ;))
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

Welcome, Mandustries. :) Good to see you over here... You did perfectly! That was a great debut into the game!! Don't you love Lee Pace? I am going to rent the first season of Pushing Daises and catch up in timr for season two's premiere in October. *swoon*

I will pass and let someone else do Bridget Jones, since I just went. But it sure is good one for this! :D
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Hi everyone! I've been 'lurking' for a while. I just couldn't Twilightize some of the movies you picked because I hadn't seen them, or they had already been done. I'm going to attempt Bridget Jones's Diary. It will probably be a very lame attempt, but I'll try anyway.
Bridget Jones is clumsy Bella. Bridget manages to get herself into many embarrassing situations. She is attracted to her boss, Daniel Cleaver whom she has a fling with. He could probably be her idea of Edward, until Daniel gets engaged to another woman. Then comes Mark Darcy, a person Bridget knew when she was a young girl. He could be her version Jacob. A friend from the past, but unlike Jacob, Bridget finds him more than annoying. But only when Bridget sees Daniel for who he really is, does she realize that Mark Darcy is the Edward she's being looking for all along.

How did I do? It's been a while since I saw the movie.

Ok, Twilightize While You Were Sleeping
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Elizabeth: You did a great job! *applauds* You also suggested a terrific movie.

I'm passing on the Twilightize this time because I want more new blood on this thread.

ETA: In a maneuver to bring in more discussion, I'm posting a question Oleander asked on the Gen X thread: "What is it about these books that kids and seniors both relate to and love so much? Are there any other books (other than HP, i guess) that have crossed the generational gap so profoundly?"

We have such a great bunch of people on the Gen X thread that people who aren't necessarily Gen X want to post there, so perhaps we should share the love.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!